JekTC

How do some people already have the plat if the game hasn't been released yet?

64 posts in this topic

Influencers are living, breathing commercials. Years ago people would always whine about ads on TV, but now those ads have just become people on social media trying to sell a product. People eat it up instead of complaining like they did with ads.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

This question comes up every time there's a big new game and 9 times out of 10 it will be the same answers, maybe there should be some kind of trophy FAQ on this site that includes stuff like this and other common questions/situations and maybe terminology people ask about so everyone in the community can be aware.


Thread creators with just a single post on the forums are unlikely to do any kind of forum reading, especially any kind of FAQ. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember getting yelled at by people for asking this question 

 

aIQrnMk.jpg

Edited by MorbidMercenary
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think trophies should be disabled for review copies.

 

They did it with the early release of Madden 20 so why don't other games follow suit?

 

They also do it with demos too at least when they had them on PS3. I remember some games saying something like "If you bought the game you would have earned a trophy just now."

 

Not fair that people get a head start on stuff like that.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

This question comes up every time there's a big new game and 9 times out of 10 it will be the same answers, maybe there should be some kind of trophy FAQ on this site that includes stuff like this and other common questions/situations and maybe terminology people ask about so everyone in the community can be aware.

 

I get you, but unfortunately I'm not sure it would do any good, tbh: the kind of person to read FAQs would be the same that would know how to use a search engine, most of the time, so writing said FAQ would be a loss of time anyway.

 

"Ninja'd" by my tablet's cache, @DaivRules wrote almost the thing before me, sorry...

Edited by KennethMcCormick
Effin' cache...
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does this question constantly get asked? Shouldn't it be obvious?

 

I'm not trying to sound like a douche or anything. 

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

I think trophies should be disabled for review copies.

 

They did it with the early release of Madden 20 so why don't other games follow suit?

 

They also do it with demos too at least when they had them on PS3. I remember some games saying something like "If you bought the game you would have earned a trophy just now."

 

Not fair that people get a head start on stuff like that.

 

Yeah but people would still get copies that are not review copies days/weeks earlier and earn trophies before the vast majority of gamers. First achievers leaderboard is useless eitherway. If you wan't to be on the leaderboard fastest achievers is the only category that matters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Naw..the only warriors they know are 

 

Image result for call of duty: SJW edition

 

Like Martin Luther King Jr.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TJ_Solo said:

 

Like Martin Luther King Jr.

yeah...right...today's generation gets triggered by words...don't think ya'll would stand up too long against firehoses and attack dogs...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

 

Yeah but people would still get copies that are not review copies days/weeks earlier and earn trophies before the vast majority of gamers. First achievers leaderboard is useless eitherway. If you wan't to be on the leaderboard fastest achievers is the only category that matters.

 

Or they could add the update for Trophies on the release date, since there's always patches that are released anyways. I live in the USA on the West Coast, the earliest they release stuff anywhere is the night before at 9pm, because on the East Coast, it will be midnight. Doesn't really bother me if people get the game ahead of time for the Trophies, I like to enjoy a game, not having to rush through. It's cool if I'm on the top Leaderboards for 100% or Platinum, but I'm not going to exhaust myself for it, not a huge deal for me. I know for a fact I won't get on any of the top 50, because many already have it, unless there's DLC.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

 

Or they could add the update for Trophies on the release date, since there's always patches that are released anyways. I live in the USA on the West Coast, the earliest they release stuff anywhere is the night before at 9pm, because on the East Coast, it will be midnight. Doesn't really bother me if people get the game ahead of time for the Trophies, I like to enjoy a game, not having to rush through. It's cool if I'm on the top Leaderboards for 100% or Platinum, but I'm not going to exhaust myself for it, not a huge deal for me. I know for a fact I won't get on any of the top 50, because many already have it, unless there's DLC.

 

Why punish people who happen to get it early? Anyone getting it early should ofc be able to earn trophies. Imagine you getting a game 2 days early because of a shipping error or the like, stuff like that happens all the time. Then you can't play the game if you wan't to get trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

 

Yeah but people would still get copies that are not review copies days/weeks earlier and earn trophies before the vast majority of gamers. First achievers leaderboard is useless eitherway. If you wan't to be on the leaderboard fastest achievers is the only category that matters.

Can't agree: you can get letter from WB with congratulations ;).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got the game two days early via shipping from EB Games here in Australia so same thing happened to them probably and they just very easy difficulty rushed through it to be first or something :shrug:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Why punish people who happen to get it early? Anyone getting it early should ofc be able to earn trophies. Imagine you getting a game 2 days early because of a shipping error or the like, stuff like that happens all the time. Then you can't play the game if you wan't to get trophies.


Agree, but then IMHO you shouldn't be taken into account in the "1st achievers leaderboard" (and getting any profits out of it :P).

Example:

Game ABC has the release date on 10th of January, I got the game on 7th as a privileged person, plat it on 8th, waiting for trophies to be on servers, sync - bam! 1st!

 

But yeah, such thing simply can not be "controlled" and in the end simply... Who gives a... ;). "1st world problems".

I just can be sometimes a bit jealous that someone somewhere is already playing the ABC title.

 

And referring to some post above: my friend also works in GameShop. He showed me foiled copy of "Days Gone" few days before the release and told me, that if he would sell it or one copy would "disappear" from the shop - the shop's owner has to pay up to $25k fine. So this thing is real.

 

Btw! I could also win a marathon if I will start to run 1 day earlier before other competitors ;).

Edited by Smashero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.