Official Server Shutdown announced: January 2021

Juxta-Dowgle

3 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

I understand your point, but seriously .. there was more then enough time for everyone to complete this .. they even stretched the time for 6 days more.

Everyone, who didn't finished it yet and wanted to finish it, just started too late in the first place or didn't put enough effort in. This game is doable with 1-2 weeks nolifing or 2 months with limited time like in your case ^^

I don't think you do understand my point, unless you're a parent and spouse living under UK coronavirus regulations too!!  :) Sadly, we've had some deaths in the family from coronavirus and my wife has been ill so she is on leave and I'm having to look after her and my toddler. There were two cases of coronavirus at my son's nursery so that was closed for a while and I had to look after him. It's just bad timing but c'est la vie! As a father and husband, I can't always predict how much time I'm going to have free and with a global pandemic, that unpredictability has increased. Like I said in my previous comment, it's a shame but no big deal in the great scheme of things. :) 

• Like 1

Ah, what a great game it was. I may have gotten the platinum but I sadly only got 2/5 operations so not a 100%. Still, this one was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. R.I.P. Battleborn, you are imo far better than that other game whose name I won't mention here to avoid fanboy rage.

Edit: *sniff* Servers are actually closed now. Time for cry.

Edited by gojira4life89
  • Like 2

What a wasted potential. Some cool characters but strong competitors and way too many flaws and bugs. It took them forever to fix a broken Marquis  who could attack the enemy base from across the battlefield, some characters were useless like Atticus while the DLC character Alani was way too overpowered at the beginning.

Gearbox felt the backlash they caused with Aliens: Colonial Marines and had Battleborn punished for it.

Pressing F anyways. 

• Like 1

? R.I.P Battleborn. Gone too soon. You will be missed. At least I was there at the end to hold its hand as it slipped away. ? ?

I started out at the end of last year with 59 trophies remaining and finished last night with 14 so I'm pleased. If it hadn't been for my wife taking ill and needing time off work, I think I would have got the plat, but family comes first :) 

Yes, I'm pleased with my achievement. I didn't think I'd be able to get anywhere near finishing it as I was stuck on the Experiment for weeks! The last thing I did today was finish Chapter 4 on advanced hardcore with Thorn which I never thought I'd have the skills to do! 

I started off hating it, but grew to love it - like an arranged marriage!!! Goodbye Battleborn!! 

• Like 2

Sure they announced the server shutdown over a year before it happened but the online also wasn't stable for the entire shutdown period. The game would crash, fail to allow people to login to it, sometimes didn't save your stats at all and wouldn't let you do more than 2 matches in a row before you had to reboot it. When I first started the game it took completing the prologue over 10 times to finally be able to play the first story mission, I then got a trophy for that first mission and was locked into the game although no matter how many times I beat the first mission it wouldn't allow me to proceed and play the 2nd mission. The stats were fucked for 4 days for me and progress was impossible, when it worked again I put in over 15 hours a day of grinding to get the platinum before anymore issues occurred, it burnt me out from trophies for a few months as it was a stressful experience to feel forced to grind a shitty game for many hours a day to make sure I could platinum it before more issues happened. I'm glad this is gone now and I never have to return to it. It wasn't a technological masterpiece by any means so it is all on 2K being a greedy publisher for not making the campaign possible to play offline, it is also very rare for a game publisher to shut a game on a weekend but they kept to it this time. Either way, don't regret it if you missed it, the game was at an all time low throughout the entire shutdown period and the support staff were drones who copied and pasted the same message back to back instead of helping you with your issue. Here's hoping they never make another shooter like this because they clearly don't know how to handle their games when these issues could occur so frequently.

Edited by Sergen