PSN Store Is Driving Me Absolute BAT SHIT!

MrTacoNinja

15 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

thanks for sharing. everytime i get pissed at the ps store now i at least got this story to know a fellow gamer/employee at least got one over on them lol. i hate those bigshots that know nothing about the product or company. i use to work at a window place and they went through 4 bosses in a year. they just kept hiring people with degrees but had no knowledge in making windows. they bought a $110,000 machine and the asshole couldnt get it to work in a week. finally me, a old hispanic guy, and 2 russians basically told him to move out of the way and we figured it out within about 3 hours. the guy was fucking useless

i forgot one other thing that annoys me to all hell, PS NOW!!! they always put ps now games in the sale. so as im browsing i see a title i like and stop and say wonder how much that is, oh its a fckn PS NOW game i cant buy. why the f is it even in the sales list!!!

And that is why we all love bosses so much :P

My boss once tried to explain to EB staff that inFAMOUS 2 has moral choices. They stared at her blankly like "yeah, no shit that is kind of the point of the game" and she took their silence as an invite to keep explaining that there was a Good Cole and a Evil Cole.

I was more impressed that she knew there were evil/good decisions in the game. I am sure she read some marketing blurb somewhere.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

On 12/21/2019 at 2:28 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

When I worked for Playstation my boss (who was completely useless in all senses of the word) came into town as we were going to give a talk on the Vita (this was right before it came out) to all the store managers of EB.

This was right around the same time the store changed to the shit it is now. A couple of store managers asked "why did Sony changed the store" and because my boss is useless and never played games had no idea what he was talking about. I was told that "this was her show" before the meeting started as she always like to make sure you knew who was boss so I happily let her get questioned on the store as she fumbled for answers as she had absolutely no idea what the new or old store looked like or how they functioned :P

I was so proud of my store managers that day ^_^

I've had countless instances of my payments not being accepted on the PlayStation Store. Seems to be a problem regarding their website when you access it via computer or smartphone. I know it's not my credit card because I've checked with them before and after I've made payments made to my digital games. I don't invest in PSN cards anymore, so everything goes to credit.

The PS3 store is an absolute trainwreck for those few people left who still play PS3 games. I avoid it at all costs because it's much easier going to the webpage on my browser, even though I have to fumble with their shit because I can't always get it to work. The only store I think is okay is the Vita store. The pages fit nicely on my touchpad screen and things are where they need to be. The PS4 store is simply okay, but it doesn't do anything that good.

Thanks for sharing your story.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WeprCZ said:

My favorite part of the store is when they randomly stop accepting my debit card, so i have to use paypal (unless of course that one is not fucked, too). How in the fuck is still there such a bug is one of the biggest misteries of the world.

That's pretty much my story too! It's happened multiple times this past year. I even went as far as using two different credit cards I owned and a debit card. No dice.

Completely agree with everyone! With all the power of the Playstation 4, the PS Store will STILL make sure your OS lags and slows down to a crawl! ? 

So, all I do is use the Search at the top of the store and job is done ? 

But the Web Store sounds like a definite alternative for future purchases ?

On 12/24/2019 at 2:58 AM, zorba-da-greek said:

Completely agree with everyone! With all the power of the Playstation 4, the PS Store will STILL make sure your OS lags and slows down to a crawl! 1f611.png 

So, all I do is use the Search at the top of the store and job is done 1f44d.png 

But the Web Store sounds like a definite alternative for future purchases 1f914.png

The web store isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. The big issue with it is that there are only a few games per page for their deals, even when the number of deals is high. Further, it’s hard to sort, unless you know exactly what you want (and if you know that, you might as well use the search function like you mention).

it just sucks all around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

The web store isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. The big issue with it is that there are only a few games per page for their deals, even when the number of deals is high. Further, it’s hard to sort, unless you know exactly what you want (and if you know that, you might as well use the search function like you mention).

Pretty much agree with you entirely. They could easily add an option to sort and categorize by the number of games per page. Plenty of websites have done this in the past and are still doing it. I just don't understand why Sony can't assign 10, 20, 50, 100 games per page.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Absolutely agree.. It almost seems like Sony doesn't want players to feel comfortable browsing their store ?

There is one other thing that keeps bothering me... The recommendation engine they've built is complete garbage. I used to browse the "only for you" section to try and find new games that I could be interested in, but the recommendations are just awful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Absolutely agree.. It almost seems like Sony doesn't want players to feel comfortable browsing their store 1f602.png

There is one other thing that keeps bothering me... The recommendation engine they've built is complete garbage. I used to browse the "only for you" section to try and find new games that I could be interested in, but the recommendations are just awful. 

I've only found the recommendations given on the individual store pages seem to be decent since those actually make some effort to recommend a game similar to the one you're looking at and I've found some good games that way.  They definitely do a poor job with recommendations based on the games you play and seem to just recommend everything popular.

I'm also surprised that there is no link on the developer/publisher name to automatically search other games by them or even do a search by dev and there is no feature to be notified when a wishlisted game goes on sale.  The latter especially is a huge waste because its an easy way to send a personalized marketing email that doesn't feel like marketing to the customer.  Obviously give an option to opt out since not everyone wants that, but I find it a very useful feature on Steam to know when there are sales that actually interest me.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Sony is absolutely atrocious at writing software.

I gave up on the deals crap and just use psprices now.

• Like 2

I just find out which games I want on web browser then on PS4 just search for them and add them to the cart, also the thing that irritates me about the store is when I have to press O several times to get out but this causes my PS4 to go laggy pi$$e$ me off, they need to come up with a better way to exit the store 

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII