Zoutje's Holiday Giveaway

ZoutjeNL

I've got a few contenders, but I'm gonna go with the Disgaea 3 Vita platinum. This one was years and years in the making, with Disgaea 3 being one of the first PS3 games I ever played back when I had a PS3, too bad I can't remember what my old account name was.

I love the Disgaea games, so Disgaea 3 became my first Vita game too. I tried so hard to go after the Platinum, since what's the point of buying a game if you aren't going to do finish it? But then I got burned out on grinding since I had for some reason convinced myself that the class world champion trophies required me to perfectly min-max all my characters in class world. Cut to a few years later I ran through and got some RNG item world trophies, merely to add some points for a competition I was in (I'm pretty sure we lost).

Then cut to earlier this year when I said to myself that I'll just go for the trophies without perfectly min-maxing just to see how close I get. Well, I got them and it was so easy. Pretty soon the rest of the trophies fell to me and I got that shiny ultra rare platinum to show on my profile forever as #175 (it's just too bad the actual name is so bad, Platinum Trophy seriously, dood!?).

The Evil Within, it was the big pending in my backlog, by the time the game was new i was a big Destiny fan and dedicated a lot of time to play it and have little time for other games so I played only one playtrought and let it there but in my mind always was thinking about triyin the infamous Akumu Mode, finaly this year after almost 5 years since i played the game for the first time i got the platinum. ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the giveaway, it's fun just being a part of it. :)

My favorite plat of 2019 was Metal Slug Anthology because it reminds me a lot of my older brother who I haven't seen in 7 years. The Metal Slug games were our favorite games to play together as kids, we would spend so much money playing MS on the arcade machine that they had at the laundromat down the street from our house. Good times! :highfive:

Realy cool of you to host a giveaway like this. I like this site too.

My favorite platinum is Ratchet and Clank (PS3 cuz there's a PS4 one by the same name). Although i earned some trophies a while back i did most of it in 2019. Its just a really solid game considering its a ps2 re-release. Ratchet & Clank humor and gameplay have always been the highlight of the series for me. Love this franchise and i've played almost every game in it. Even the mobile spinoffs. It was nice being reminded of the good 'ol PS2 era again and enjoy this gem.

• Like 1

Favorite platinum last year was The Order: 1886. Im not sure what took me so long to play this game but it was fantastic. Yes... its on the shorter side and it got poo poo for that at launch (considering the hype around this title). Most of the issue people had though i believe was the price which is no longer an issue. If you haven't played it yet do yourself a favorite and pick it up as its so inexpensive.

Thanks for the giveaway.

My favourite platinum in 2019 was “Assassin’s Creed Chronicles”, not only because I love this trilogy so much, but also because, in my opinion, the Russia episode is an homage to the best game ever made. Both stories have lots of similarities and its name is even said, when going for a side-objective, in one of the sequences:

“Mama... How can I ever be as strong as you were?

This bracelet bears the initials of all of us. It’s mine to wear now... the last of us...”

<3

• Like 1