Zoutje's Holiday Giveaway

ZoutjeNL

Probably Deracine, was quite an enjoyable story, and it was even enjoyable for me, that can't play VR for to long because of motion sickness..

There's the notable Dark Cloud 2, that was an epic journey to plat because of my lack of ps4 play time, and Grand Kingdom, that was a really nice gem that I only regret having started to play because of the server closure announcement, really fun game. But Deracine just had something sweet about it, that makes it a way more enjoyable experience than most games that I played this year. 

Edit: as on "Why", it's simply because I really loved how sweet and peaceful everything in that game is, it's really a huge break from reality and from the usually crazyness of most games nowadays..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

Rainbow Skies was my favorite 2019 platinum out of everything after adding up factors such as overall enjoyment, trophy difficulty, postgame content, repetition counter, etc. I enjoyed quite a lot of other games and plats but almost everything else had at least one negative with the factors i mentioned earlier and Rainbow Skies seems to be the most fun i've had in 2019 from memory.

• Like 1

It was Furi. Early October 2019 I think.

A friend of mine got the platinum years ago in less than a week,  he told me that it was an hard and satisfying  game, and well, age isn't doing me any favors, so I wanted to see if I still got it, by getting the platinum of this (now) amazing game for the first time in a shorter time than him.

My favorite platinum of this year was Final Fantasy VII which is now also one of my favorite games ever. Yeah, cliché i know but i never played it before, which is a damn shame to my younger self.

It was just a fun game to play trough... so much charm and actual thought put into the characters and their stories. The outdated 3d models were actually adorable and it was jsut fun to see they trying to convey the characters emotions. As someone who only knew FFVII trough Kingdom Hearts, the characters of Cloud and Aeris were an awesome surprise to see unfold in their original glory.

The Materia system was fun to play around with, even though i usually like my parties in rpgs to be more stream-lined. The summons were a blast to see and i thought nothing would be able to top the beauty of Odin, but then... Knights of the fucking Round. I can picture my younger self reacting to that. Probably because i was just as amazed at 24 lol.

The only FFs i had played before were XII which i stopped very early and FF Tactics: War of the Lions which i really enjoyed. The hype for the remake is what made me finally be willing enough to play the original and i am just glad that i did. I now know why it is so special to a lot of people and have put FFs XIII and IX on my list to buy.

Edited by LionRed10
  • Like 2

My favorite platinum this year is Dark Souls. Not the first time I did it, had it 1000 gamerscore on 360, but still was amazing to do it again on PS3. Spent over 150 hours farming many items to maximum that aren't related at all to the platinum and still loved it to death. Probably will get the platinum again on PS4 with the Remastered version.

As a standalone trophy, my favorite and my best accomplishment was :silver: The Shadows Rushed Me trophy from Max Payne 3. NYMHC isn't any joke and being able to finally complete it gave such a rush that lasted an entire week.

• Like 2

God of War (2018)

I've loved the series since its inception, and I've played every game that's been made in the series (and earned Plat for every iteration possible), so I was really excited to cap off the latest installment.  The fact that it went in a new direction worried me, as the Greek mythology aspect of the original games was a large reason why I loved them so much.  But this game did a very good job easing its way into a new, but similar, universe.  I'm hoping for a sequel, and I hope its at least as good as the last.

Out of the 35 platinum I earned this year (which is also my best year so far), including some long time projects + 100% in quite many hard and time intensive games, there still is one game and one game only I can speak of: RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2

I've been waiting for this game with so much anticipation from the day it's been teased. I loved the first game so I had very high expectations from its successor. I remember watching newsclips and screenshots or searching the internet for new information for this game for 2 years almost daily, no kidding. The day before it's official release I ran the town up and down multiple times, visting all the stores, asking and begging them to sell the game already, even searching the internet for receipts people been posting from other discounters around my country and showing to the salesman. One hour before the stores closed I got lucky and got the game. Went home with this feeling of pure excitement a child feels on christmas. Put the disc in my PS4, took over an hour to install. I used that time to set up a good meal to celebrate this moment even more. Then I played the game and felt in love with it super quickly. I could go on for a long story now but let's shorten things and avoid spoilers. I took my time with the game. Very much time. Over 500 hours by now at least. All my expectations have been fulfilled and beyond. Way beyond. The game is a goddamn masterpiece. Story has been an epic journey that I'm very thankful for. On September 4th I finally got the platinum and it's also a milestone because I wanted it to be my 100th platinum. I still play the game since then, online and offline. One day in a not so distant future I will play the whole story again. First RDR2, then RDR. Riding into the sunset again... with pleasures.

@Strike-Runner great platinum, this was RDR2's hardest opponent in my milestone platinum, fantastic game and super hard platinum, you can be really proud. 
@ahmedelebiary also a super hard platinum you can be very proud of. It's one of those that separates the boys from the man one could say.

and finally @everyone Merry Christmas!

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 3

My favourite platinum of 2019 was the Zero Escape Trilogy (999, VLR and Zero Time Dilemma).

I loved mysterious series with puzzles and plot twists and this trilogy deals with that masterfully. The plot can sometimes be confusing due to many sci-fi concepts, mainly time traveling and parallel worlds. When I heard about the series, I knew I would certainly love it, but damn, I didn't expect to love it so much and to get so much addicted to it. The platinums are really easy to get, but the experience is what matters. 

I think I'll go with Gran Turismo 5. Whilst I was not a big fan of the game itself, the plat had eluded me for almost 7 years by the time I earned it (my completion time is 8 years, 6 months but I didn't trophy hunt until 2013 so I'm ignoring the time before that) and finally getting it after all those years of looking at it and thinking "there's no way I'm ever getting that done" was probably the most satisfying point of trophy hunting as a whole for me so far. Easily my proudest platinum (and thanks to everyone who encouraged me on Discord too during the many many points I was ready to drop it again.)

(If you meant in terms of enjoyment specifically though I'll go with Steins;Gate: My Darling's Embrace because returning to that wonderful world with a game I never expected to be localized was an absolute joy.)

Well thanks a lot for the giveaway! It was only a while back that you joined this community, really great to see that you've decided to stay :) 

I am having a bit of a hard time deciding... I have gotten a couple of great (in my personal opinion) platinums this year, many of which have been really challenging. But I think I need to look for the platinum that I had the most fun with... And while I've had a ton of fun with most of the games I've played, I think the one that takes the cake gotta be:

1S5ed923.png - Hollow Knight

I've written an extensive review of that game, and have also written a lot about it since I finished it, but just very shortly... This game is among the best games out there, and excels at pretty much every aspect that matters. Amazing artstyle, incredible and perfectly fitting music, satisfying combat, huge but interesting world, exceptional exploration mechanics... And fairly challenging to 100% as well (Pantheon of Hallownest... ascending that thing was an incredibly satisfying experience). Just overall a giant game made by a tiny team that needs to be played by more people. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

I can only pick one? :'(

I would have to pick Bloodborne. The music, the fighting, the progression, the level design, the bosses, the weapons, the art, my Lord, the WHOLE game is incredible! It is the perfect balance of difficulty and reward. I desperately need a PS5 Bloodborne trophy list. haha.

Thank you for doing this! Merry Christmas all! Good luck to everyone!

• Like 2

Steep, without a doubt.

Steep is a videogame dedicated to winter, mountain-themed sports, and I decided to give it a try when it was given with PS+, despite knowing nothing about winter sports. But by playing it, this amazing game surprised me: everytime I played it, I realized how much love the developers had put in. It was like if they had put in the game all the love they had for the mountain, to share it with the players: I found it cool, because I ended up enjoying a game about something I never cared for, and since I think I'm not the only one, that's a great accomplishment for the developers!

Besides that, I loved how the game was difficult, yes, but at the right point: everytime you failed a challenge, what you felt was not frustation, but will to try again and to improve everytime. And when I ended up stucking hours on a single challenge, I felt so proud, when I would finally cleared it, without the feeling to have wasted time.
I don't deny it, the Platinum itself had some shitty Trophies that didn't add anything of good to the whole experience, something annoying that you would never be able to do without a guide, but I mean, we Trophy Hunter have seen things even worse and we are quite used to this :P So, despite this, the journey to the Platinum (And to the 100%) was incredibly fun, I would have never expected to enjoy so much a game that, I say it again, is about something I never cared about in my life. I think that everyone should try this amazing game.
  • Like 1

Days gone

The game was a lot of fun to play! I really loved the concept and the story, and it had a fun trophy list! Nothing was to hard or tedious. In fact they did spend some time on the trophy list, making sure all trophies popped on the right moment (never on a loading screen) and only needing to get 75% of the collactables really made this the most fun platinum trophy for me! :-)

That's an easy one for me. My favorite platinum of 2019 would be Greedfall because my girlfriend bought it for my birthday.  She doesn't like my gaming, but finally accepted that it's part of my life (in moderation).

The game itself, while a little rough around the edges, was still pretty decent and had a unique and enjoyable storyline.

Thank you for the giveaway ^_^

My favorite platinum of this year was Persona 5.  I'd never actually played a Persona game before and I was not disappointed with this, it was absolute perfection.  I loved the story, the characters, the battle system and the music so much.  This quickly became one of my all time favorites and there was nothing about it that I didn't like