RPG Mania 2020 Edition ( Sign ups closed).

@kingofbattle8174 Sorry but I have a few questions...

• Do 2x/3x bonuses count for the DLC as well as the main game or are they completely seperate?
  • Does Beast Mode follow the release order, play order or can be chosen?
  • Is beast mode maximum 5 games or 5 bonuses? So the maximum would be 5th game at 100 or 6th game at 125?
  • When is rarity determined? At event start/completion or perhaps game start/completion? Same applies for speedruns/top 25?
  • Can a player callout a game they also have in their backlog, if so what if the current played % is higher for one person?
  • In a callout bracket, person A callouts person B, they both then compete to complete the games first. Does person B also callout A on a game? So both have to do 2 games?
  • Is it just 1 callout for the year, or we will everyone face each other? 20 extra games seems like a lot!

Also I have created a tracking spreadsheet for myself which automatically calculates the points for a game. If you would like some assistance with the data side of things let me know, I would be happy to setup it up as a central one for tracking the event across the year and input all the data, freeing you up to handle all the other stuff.

I will make sure to post my 2x/3x games at somepoint today.

@acasser

I agree with your point on Gems of War. Personally I will be posting the titles I plan on working on as the event progresses, just to make sure if anyone has any issues with them it can be cleared up quickly.

Edited by FreeSpark22

5 hours ago, Laburnski said:

- My triple point game will be : Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remaster

- And as for my double point games : Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time and Star Ocean: First Departure R

I was going to do The Last Hope as well but I didn't want it to trickle off past the end of the year because of a different challenge I'm doing. Yet here you are doing three of them in one year. 

You're tempting me to try for Last Hope cause I really can only do that one if someone else is doing it too. That game is a grind-fest that I dread doing again (did a lot on Xbox but never finished it, need to do it sometime to commit to it) lol. 

No love for Integrity and Faithlessness? ;D would not blame you honestly.

@freddie1989 

Yeah since Yakuza 0 is gonna be your triple point game (3* multiplier) and it's also part of the Let's Play list in the OP (2* multiplier), that means when you plat the game and tally up your points, you add the bonus multipliers together for a 5* multiplier which takes effect after you add up all the points:

(100 base score + TP - PR - TBE - PEN + BAS) * (BMA) = Total

Where: 

TP = Trophy Points. 1 point per copper, 2 points per silver, 6 points per gold. Only trophies earned after the event starts count towards this total. 

PR = Platinum Rarity. Ex: If the plat is earned by 30% of people, you'd subtract 30 points. 

TBE = Trophy % earned in the game before event starts may net a deduction of points as follows:

0-19%: 0 points 

20-39%: 5 points 

40-59%: 10 points 

60-79%: 15 points 

80%+: 20 points

PEN: Penalty Points. In the event of any penalties these would be taken away here. 

BAS = Bonus Additive Score. This includes points like Beast Mode/Speed Run/New Game beaten within 30 days, all added together. If no bonus score can be applied to the game, this value is 0. 

BMA = Bonus Multipliers Additive. All bonus multipliers added together, which is applied to the score after everything else has been tallied. If no bonus multipliers can be applied to the game, this value is 1. 

@kingofbattle8174 Also in addition to what @FreeSpark22 asked, are we counting the Platinum Rairty deduction based on the PSNProfiles Plat % raritiy score or the Playstation Network plat % rarity says for all users? I'd assume PSNProfiles but I just wanted to make sure. 

Edited by SanctifiedSword
  • Like 1

@SanctifiedSword

it is off of psn profiles. So just click on the game on your profile here. 

39 minutes ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

I also have a few questions about call outs.

Do I pick who im calling out or is it assigned to me?

Can i call out more than once during the competition?

Is there a penalty for not finishing first ie points lost?

I will be making a bracket and the pair will make the call for the other, as of now it is just once. And no there is penalty for not completing.

42 minutes ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

I also have a few questions about call outs.

Do I pick who im calling out or is it assigned to me?

Can i call out more than once during the competition?

Is there a penalty for not finishing first ie points lost?

Please don't call me out, you've already kicked my arse in the league!! HAHA!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FreeSpark22 said:

@kingofbattle8174 Sorry but I have a few questions...

• Do 2x/3x bonuses count for the DLC as well as the main game or are they completely seperate?
  • Does Beast Mode follow the release order, play order or can be chosen?
  • Is beast mode maximum 5 games or 5 bonuses? So the maximum would be 5th game at 100 or 6th game at 125?
  • When is rarity determined? At event start/completion or perhaps game start/completion? Same applies for speedruns/top 25?
  • Can a player callout a game they also have in their backlog, if so what if the current played % is higher for one person?
  • In a callout bracket, person A callouts person B, they both then compete to complete the games first. Does person B also callout A on a game? So both have to do 2 games?
  • Is it just 1 callout for the year, or we will everyone face each other? 20 extra games seems like a lot!

1. Yes I know a few people have asked dlc does count for a triple bonus,  but only if you complete the game as well during the competition. Example last year kevvik first completed Skyrim and then slowly worked on all the dlc’s to get extra triple bonuses for each one.

2. Order does not matter as long as it is in the series

3. It is five games total.

4. Rarity is done on game completion. Speed run is also on game completion. I would not be so harsh as to take it away if you get butted out of it. 

So for the call out, each only has one game, the one the other assigns. It is just one time. It is not a race of a similar game, unless both have it and choose to do it that way to see who would come out ahead.

1 hour ago, SanctifiedSword said:

I was going to do The Last Hope as well but I didn't want it to trickle off past the end of the year because of a different challenge I'm doing. Yet here you are doing three of them in one year. 

You're tempting me to try for Last Hope cause I really can only do that one if someone else is doing it too. That game is a grind-fest that I dread doing again (did a lot on Xbox but never finished it, need to do it sometime to commit to it) lol. 

No love for Integrity and Faithlessness? ;D would not blame you honestly.

Well I've already plat it so I can't use it xD

1 hour ago, Laburnski said:

Well I've already plat it so I can't use it xD

I'll just go hide in my corner now because I missed that little fact there. ? Which one of the series do you think you like the most? I've only played Faithlessness and Last Hope (on my Xbox) and so far Last Hope is my favorite. I'm hoping End of Time will surpass that. I think if Last Hope didn't have Lymle and Serah I'd have loved it even more. ?

I feel double worse now because I still haven't platted Faithlessness yet. You're already beating me at all angles. So not fair. Grr. I'll catch up to you.. someday. Mark my words! 

Edit: And you have 41/47 trophies for Last Hope International. I'm uber jealous of your progress in the series. 

@kingofbattle8174 Alright, thanks for clarifying. Just want to make sure so we're all playing by the same rules here. 

@Whitelightnin683 Your consistency in finishing RPG's is incredible. Been watching the trophies roll in for Dark Souls 2 for you. Will be fun to compete with ya. Don't kick my butt too hard. Haha. ?

Edited by SanctifiedSword

6 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

Technically you could since you could do the JP version ?

Also curious but will the speed run bonus count for games that have under 100 platters or if for example its a new released game?

Just my interpretation of the rules, but it must have 100 platters for the game to count. However, I would not be opposed to counting a speed run bonus for a game that is released during the competition and you are one of the first 25 to plat it. But that’s just me

Triple point game need to be declared before 1th?

I have to think about my Double point games, I don't know if try some easy one or at least one hard for maximise the points.

42 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

Technically you could since you could do the JP version 1f60f.png

Also curious but will the speed run bonus count for games that have under 100 platters or if for example its a new released game?

I thought it was about the completion time and not about the number of people that platted the game.

Edited by lordshiran

46 minutes ago, cferguson9595 said:

Just my interpretation of the rules, but it must have 100 platters for the game to count. However, I would not be opposed to counting a speed run bonus for a game that is released during the competition and you are one of the first 25 to plat it. But that’s just me

Yea that what I was making sure of because some of the even more niche RPG titles don't have 100 platters so I just wanted to make double sure as to if it falls into that category or not .

29 minutes ago, lordshiran said:

I thought it was about the completion time and not about the number of people that platted the game.

The rule states 100 people so if a game doesn't have that many and you still make it in then I wondered if it still counted unless the 100 platters was just used as a example.