Tell me why I should bother with Brutal difficulty

• 4 weeks later...

If you're not going for 100% then you shouldn't, if you want a hard experience then play on crushing because it's actually a pretty good mode unlike butal

On 2/4/2020 at 2:39 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I enjoyed Brutal and didnt find them hard at all. If you have patience and are decent at shooting you'll be fine. I dont get what all the fuss is about for the Remastered Collection on Brutal. I also didnt use tweaks or cheats. 

Good for you, you enjoyed Brutal. (Not Sarcasm even though it sounds like it) But you saying having decent shooting is going to make you fine is completely wrong. Brutal doesn't care if you're the best shot in the world when there's twelve guys with perfect aim, unlimited ammo, unlimited grenades, they all can kill you in one shot, etc. And it's really just luck based on whether you will die or not. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BellandDog said:

If you're not going for 100% then you shouldn't, if you want a hard experience then play on crushing because it's actually a pretty good mode unlike butal

Good for you, you enjoyed Brutal. (Not Sarcasm even though it sounds like it) But you saying having decent shooting is going to make you fine is completely wrong. Brutal doesn't care if you're the best shot in the world when there's twelve guys with perfect aim, unlimited ammo, unlimited grenades, they all can kill you in one shot, etc. And it's really just luck based on whether you will die or not. 

Well you do also need patience. If you use cover to your advantage can be real easy, now some parts on all of the games are definitely luck based. I don't think that those parts are hard though, as much as it is just luck but retry it a few times and you should get passed. Just my opinion though.

Edited by kdogg_gamer_

On 2/6/2020 at 10:33 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

Because the plat is worthless without that sweet sweet hundo.

True! :awesome:

on topic, just got the collection 100% and if your not autistic ocd about a 100% profile don't even bother. It's broken annoying and just pure bullshit rng all the way.

If you do however want the 100% abuse every possible glitch and use the tweaks for inf ammo and 1 shot kills that sure helps a lot.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished brutal without any tweaks, and it was just that, brutal.

Not sure if Blue Point play tested that difficulty when they implemented it for the remastered version or if they just tweaked variables around and called it a day, but as many here have said, the game mode is totally broken. A lot of the encounters are just plain unfair, especially when the checkpoint decides to spawn you right in the line of enemy fire.

If you care about the 100% then yes go for it, it can be beaten even if you aren't able to activate tweaks - but be warned, it will be hell, and you will unjustly die many times.

Otherwise, NO. DO NOT put yourself through it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing Uncharted since 2010 back when I was still a kid. One year ago I decided to buy the collection remastered and as a completionist I eventually attempted the brutal difficulty.

To me it's not fair, there are so many parts where you die even before taking control of Drake and thus completely luck based.

I completed U1 and U3 with the tweaks, but U2 without. Man that was difficult, I get frustrated so many times, especially the part on the train. 
I don't think BluePoint fully tested brutal, but now I can say that beating brutal has been one of the hardest task I've ever done in a videogame.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

You really don't have to do brutal, but it can be a fun challenge once you get over the psychological wall and it's infamy for being broken. It's very much doable, but does require patience (not something a lot of modern games ask for) and in some instances luck. Yeah, you are going to die like 5000 times, but each time will teach you something about the strategy, so eventually you adapt and push through - and it feels great. I am about 75% into Uncharted 2 on brutal currently, and it's difficult, but also exciting. I have encountered several checkpoints that were instant kills, but thanks to AI's shooting being random, you are bound to get a break after several deaths. When I first did crushing in Uncharted 1, I felt it was the most difficult thing in the world, but I got used to it, and had amazing time with U2 and U3 on crushing. Same with brutal - you just get used to it. 

Now, should you do it? You just really have to ask yourself, why? I am doing it because I love Uncharted games. They are not without issues and have some bad mechanics, but I am a fan. I want to 100% them to beat everything that the devs had thrown at me. I want to earn that 100% and an S rank on the three of my favourite games. If I didn't have that attachment, I would just move on. Do you care enough about these games? If not, and you don't have a particular ocd about completing everything, then move on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just completed uncharted 1 for its 100% a week or two ago and supposedly the brutal mode on that one was harder than this game so really.. this game shouldn't be that problematic on brutal mode. I'm probably going to finish it in 12 hours like the first game. If you can do crushing you can do brutal. The speed running is even easier. Just be patient use the corner shooting as much as possible and really only fire in between their reloads and don't stay out of cover for more than 2-4 seconds. Always make little advancements in the fight areas and learn where the enemies spawn. If you die constantly change your strategy up ever so slightly and pray for good RNG. Get that 100% it's worth it if you care about your stats.

• 2 months later...