100% Still Possible in 2023?

bigrake1

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Well he was dropped on his head several times as a young child, including once by myself. 2639.png But hopefully his slight case of possible retardation will not affect his ability to play with me.

Thanks for the info though! I am going to bump up the priority of this game in my backlog. It looks a lot of fun to play. I just need to purchase the DLCs.

Is that literally or just sarcasm?

If you're not sure about doing all the DLC I'd say skip doing the hard stuff. I'll be doing it all because I like a good challenge, but that may not be for you. Resogun is still awesome, so you should definitely do what you want to do and have fun

49 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Is that literally or just sarcasm?

If you're not sure about doing all the DLC I'd say skip doing the hard stuff. I'll be doing it all because I like a good challenge, but that may not be for you. Resogun is still awesome, so you should definitely do what you want to do and have fun

I was kidding lol, he is a competent player so we’d be fine I’m sure. I’d start with the base game first, but whether or not I buy the DLC is less about the challenge it poses and more about how much I enjoyed the game. If it’s as fun as it looks then I wouldn’t mind dropping the cash for a chance at the extra trophies.

• 1 month later...

I practiced commando mode over and over again solo, i couldnt ever really seem to quite get it.  I ended up getting it with a friend in co op but he died before the final boss so i mind as well have solo’d it, unlocking the trophy for his punkass aswell, rank 50 was just a tedious chore, and effectively being the last trophy pooped for my 100%
i wish they made a hd dx remix for ps5 ;)

or i mean, a sequel would be nice

such a great little game!

14 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I practiced commando mode over and over again solo, i couldnt ever really seem to quite get it.  I ended up getting it with a friend in co op but he died before the final boss so i mind as well have solo’d it, unlocking the trophy for his punkass aswell, rank 50 was just a tedious chore, and effectively being the last trophy pooped for my 100%
i wish they made a hd dx remix for ps5 ;)

or i mean, a sequel would be nice

such a great little game!

Resogun was a really good game.

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I see you finally started Resogun @dieselmanchild. Don't be scared to practice the levels for Experienced and Veteran, since you'll need to know what's coming.

Yeah I convinced my brother to buy it and we are going to play through as much of it together as possible. So far it’s a pretty awesome game and we’re enjoying it very much.

One question I have - how does the level unlocking work in this game? Do you have to beat the whole campaign in single player first in order to unlock level select for online mode?

We ran through all levels in Arcade Mode a couple times while working on the collectibles, but I noticed at the multiplayer lobby and level select screen, all th levels remain locked up except the first one. It’s a bit annoying if we need to access one of the later levels and have to replay the entire game to get back there.

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

One question I have - how does the level unlocking work in this game? Do you have to beat the whole campaign in single player first in order to unlock level select for online mode?

Yes you need to beat the campaign. The levels aren’t selectable until you beat them at least once.  

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

We ran through all levels in Arcade Mode a couple times while working on the collectibles, but I noticed at the multiplayer lobby and level select screen, all th levels remain locked up except the first one. It’s a bit annoying if we need to access one of the later levels and have to replay the entire game to get back there.

I will also suggest playing local co-op and Commando Mode with your brother. Both are much easier with two people. 

But you will have to play thru the later levels and actually beat them in order to unlock them in level select. Your brother may have to do the same on his end if you guys are playing online. If you’re doing couch co-op you should be able to pick and play the later levels with a second controller. 

Best of luck.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

I agree, it is such fun and addciting game, never got the hang of it to reach the plat, due to other games showing up.

One of these days I hope, or until the announcement of the servers closure, that's when I'll try for real lol.

19 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Yes you need to beat the campaign. The levels aren’t selectable until you beat them at least once.  

I will also suggest playing local co-op and Commando Mode with your brother. Both are much easier with two people. 

But you will have to play thru the later levels and actually beat them in order to unlock them in level select. Your brother may have to do the same on his end if you guys are playing online. If you’re doing couch co-op you should be able to pick and play the later levels with a second controller. 

Best of luck.

Lame. Thanks though, that’s what I figured. I’ll just run through the campaign myself and make sure I host our games so we have level select available if and when needed.

48 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Lame. Thanks though, that’s what I figured. I’ll just run through the campaign myself and make sure I host our games so we have level select available if and when needed.

Nah, Resogun is still a blast. Challenging and fun without being too overly hard.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 11:46 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

In order to unlock Master difficulty, can I play each level individually on Veteran through 'Single level'? Or will it instead have to be a whole Arcade run on Veteran on every level in one sitting to unlock Master?

From what I remember reading, you must clear the Arcade on Veteran. Not sure if you can just beat each level individually, but I recommend to do the Arcade. I can confirm one thing, though: you CAN'T unlock Master difficulty when playing in co op. I've helped countless players and it's always locked for them.

As for Veteran, it's not particularly difficult or anything. As long as you know what's coming, you should be able to handle it. I'll give one tip. For level 2 (Ceres), you can instant kill the boss. To do so, you must reach phase 2 (the one where it starts chasing you and shooting bullets). Once it stops, simply use one bomb and bam! Done. Don't use any earlier or else it won't work. Also, this only works on the PS4 version.

I'm currently working on a thread where I provide a lot of useful tips. Since the trophy guides are more or less outdated, I might as well do so. After all, I've been boosting in this game for several years and I know a lot of different things.

Edited by MrGarland
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MrGarland said:

Snip

Thanks for the tips. I've since unlocked Master difficulty and completing the game on Veteran was tough, especially that last level. I would also encourage you to share some of your top tips in a thread of your own as it would come in use for people looking for more help on this game in 2021 and beyond.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrGarland said:

I'm currently working on a thread where I provide a lot of useful tips. Since the trophy guides are more or less outdated, I might as well do so. After all, I've been boosting in this game for several years and I know a lot of different things.

This would be awesome. I’d certainly be interested. I started Resogun months ago as a co-op project with my brother, but I think he was finding it to be difficult and frustrating and he lost interest after our initial session. I’ve been trying to encourage him to dive back in with me and finish, but it’s looking increasingly likely I’ll just be going it solo at some point. Tips are definitely welcome!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I should get back on this aswell, it's been on hold since december 27th 2015 ? (actually, exactly 6 years ago to this day, funny finding this post today :D).

All of the trophies left for me are <7% rarity, so I'll probably have to practise quite a bit since it's been a long, long time since I last played it. I remember it being a tough but fun game.

Maybe I'll get one of my kids on it and give it a shot in local coop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The trophy I like what I'm seeing seems to the unobtainable at the the moment, since the game doesn't load the other player's ship creations, no matter what. I know it isn't just me, because few other players have asked that from me and they mentioned that they have the same problem. I don't don't know long that error's been around, but it has been at least few months, in time for writing this. Just a heads-up for those who aim to get the 100% on trophies and you didn't get it before early 2022.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys! Let's write a lot of messages to the mail to HouseMarque so that they turn on the non-working servers to which they send us at least for a week. 3 months have passed and every day I go in with the hope that I will see a list of ships. Let's start pounding messages from today! Email them at least once a day. If there are 10 of us from different accounts and write such messages every day, they will think, I'm sure.

E-mail: [email protected]

Edited by HardcoreDieTwice
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, HardcoreDieTwice said:

Guys! Let's write a lot of messages to the mail to HouseMarque so that they turn on the non-working servers to which they send us at least for a week. 3 months have passed and every day I go in with the hope that I will see a list of ships. Let's start pounding messages from today! Email them at least once a day. If there are 10 of us from different accounts and write such messages every day, they will think, I'm sure.

I don't think HouseMarque is maintaining the servers. They just made the game.

16 hours ago, HardcoreDieTwice said:

Spamming them to death with emails every day will just piss them off so they end up blocking you and refusing to do anything about this problem. Your best bet is to send 1 message, then message them again after a few days if either nothing happens or you get given the runaround.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HardcoreDieTwice said:

What else is left? I wrote to them every 3-4 days for a month, but they only wrote what I needed to contact Sony. I think if there are many such requests, they will at least think about it.

Official forums, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc. are all options if the devs use them but if you're getting stonewalled, there's a good chance this may never be fixed :(.

The ship editor was offline previously for some time, but came back. So there's some hope. But we could all contact XDEV / Sony if HouseMarque says they're not the ones handling the servers.

It will majorly suck if 100 & completion will be dependent on trophies that take absolutely nothing more than a functional system to like and share ships. Both of those are achieved in under a minute. But like is the case with most server-dependent trophies, there's not much, if anything we can do. Trophy hunting is still a niché thing that developers or Sony don't care about at all.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...