PS+ April 2020 lineup

kidson2004

Didn't read through each post, and am guessing what I'm about to say isn't a fresh thought, but four Uncharted games in four months of this new year?  I'd rather almost anything else to add some variety, especially an indie title or two.  Or ten.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, DaivRules said:

Sony is trying this year to pull in any remaining non-PS4 owners before PS5 launches. They've been doing a good job selecting games for Plus that would cater to exactly that crowd.

This theory interests me, and will undoubtedly change up my current approach to submissions for the PS+ predictions contest.

• Like 3

Good for those who haven't played Uncharted 4. Had a great time playing it.

I'll try Dirt Rally 2.0 but I'm not sure if I'll get the platinum. It seems easier than the first one - I bought the first one really cheap but decided to skip on it. I was terrible at it.

Edited by Ghost

5 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

This may be exactly what you do see.  Five bucks on Horizon Zero Dawn as next month's freebie.

Which is precisely what I don't want to happen. General quality aside, Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted The Lost Legacy next month would be bad choices. 

On 01/04/2020 at 2:10 PM, EcoShifter said:

Yeah... I really don't want to see anymore PlayStation Hits/System Sellers/Constantly-on-sale games for a few following months, especially after they double dipped from the Uncharted series so soon, unless they're used to bring in new players and remind informed ones of upcoming sequels, such as Sons of the Forest from The Forest, Shantae and the Seven Sirens from Shantae ½ Genie Hero (which is rarely on sale), Dying Light 2 from Dying Light, and so fourth.

DOOM! Freaking Doom!

I was looking forward to playing Dirt Rally 2.0. Dirt 2 was my first platinum back in 2009 and I haven't played a racing sim in quite some time. I'd be so disappointed if I'd paid retail price for this game, so much of the content has been sold as DLC, the amount of different tracks and stages is really poor. No idea why it's all been made online, forcing you to connect with a server every time you want to do something either - especially annoying at the moment as they're overloaded with people checking the game out on PS+.

Edited by EIdain
Spelling

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

I was looking forward to playing Dirt Rally 2.0. Dirt 2 was my first platinum back in 2009 and I haven't played a racing sim in quite some time. I'd be so disappointed if I'd paid retail price for this game, so much of the content has been sold as DLC, the amount of different tracks and stages is really poor

Cool! I jumped ship from Xbox 360 (got max achievements for Dirt 2) and bought a PS3 with Dirt 2 bundled, which became my first platinum as well. Things have gone from bad to worse ever since: Codemasters seems determined now to release games with fewer and fewer tracks, repetition ad nauseam, and ever this-was-in-the-main-game-before-we-decided-to-fleece-you-by-putting-it-back-through-dlc. It’s become a joke and I’m not laughing. They tricked me still with Dirt 4 but I am never paying full price again, that’s for sure. I will admit I retried the F1 games (got burned with F1 2010 originally) through PS Now and I love those, mainly because the license forces them to put in all the content ?. Not paying though. 

Will give Dirt Rally 2.0 a spin, but only because it is free. Hopefully one day we will see the old Codemasters again. But I am not holding my breath. 

35 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

Things have gone from bad to worse ever since: Codemasters seems determined now to release games with fewer and fewer tracks, repetition ad nauseam, and ever this-was-in-the-main-game-before-we-decided-to-fleece-you-by-putting-it-back-through-dlc. It’s become a joke and I’m not laughing. They tricked me still with Dirt 4 but I am never paying full price again, that’s for sure. I will admit I retried the F1 games (got burned with F1 2010 originally) through PS Now and I love those, mainly because the license forces them to put in all the content 1f602.png. Not paying though. 

Will give Dirt Rally 2.0 a spin, but only because it is free. Hopefully one day we will see the old Codemasters again. But I am not holding my breath. 

I haven't been keeping up with Codemasters so I don't really know what's been going on with the studio. But in terms of content it's definitely a stark contrast to the first two Dirt games I played which is a shame. You hit the nail on the head and you haven't even played the game lol.

I've started playing it now so feel obligated to get the platinum, but I'm sat contemplating buying some DLC so I'm not playing the same small handful of tracks for however long it's going to take me. Yet I know if I did that I've fallen into their trap. So conflicted ?

I will also add that it's garbage the some of the trophies require you to do the weekly challenges yet if you don't own the DLC for whatever that weeks challenge is you gotta wait.

Edited by EIdain

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

I've started playing it now so feel obligated to get the platinum, but I'm sat contemplating buying some DLC so I'm not playing the same small handful of tracks for however long it's going to take me. Yet I know if I did that I've fallen into their trap. So conflicted 1f612.png

You know what the *right* solution is, but it’s up to you ?

It’s easier for me though, I am not quite as strict as you in my trophy fetish ?

I think this is a pretty good month. Uncharted 4 is a definite big hitter regardless of how many people have it, so giving it 'away for free' isn't a bad call at all really. A high number of people will have it, but plenty won't have picked it up yet too. On that note, would be interesting to know what % of PS Plus users do have it.

Dirt 2 is a recent game from a fairly big series. Personally loved Dirt 2, 3 and Showdown but have missed the games since. Will be cool to give this a go.

37 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I'm just playing Uncharted 4 for the first time so it was a great month for me1f62c.png I wanted to try Dirt 2.0 but I read you can only access campaing mode while connected to internet, that's kinda annoyed for me 1f605.png

My internet could handle the always online need for speed so I hope it will be enough on this.