PS+ April 2020 lineup

kidson2004

Am i the only one who thinks that Sony giving out a lovely 3RD GAME this month would be an awesome gesture to people affected by Covid-19?

Doesnt have to be technically a psplus game either. Just drop a nice 1st party title or something. 

Surely theyre raking it in at the mo with everyone indoors so giving something back would be great.

Edited by punkshepherd
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

Am i the only one who thinks that Sony giving out a lovely 3RD GAME this month would be an awesome gesture to people affected by Covid-19?

Doesnt have to be technically a psplus game either. Just drop a nice 1st party title or something. 

Surely theyre raking it in at the mo with everyone indoors so giving something back would be great.

Sony stock is plummeting right now, that's not exactly "raking in mo". Their "bump" in SIE isn't making up for shortfalls they had to take in other divisions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, punkshepherd said:

Nah, that would just give everyone 1 more game to complain about. ?

I have previously bought both games on offer here in digital sales, but haven't started either of them yet.  I think the real lesson to be learned here is don't buy games until you're ready to play them!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

I think the real lesson to be learned here is don't buy games until you're ready to play them!

Yeah but by the time you are ready to play them they won't be on sale and you have to pay full price.

37 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

Nah, that would just give everyone 1 more game to complain about. ?

I have previously bought both games on offer here in digital sales, but haven't started either of them yet.  I think the real lesson to be learned here is don't buy games until you're ready to play them!

Or do like me & play 1 game at a time xD

& no big franchises or whatever

I never even already owned a game that got on ps+ ? idk if thats good, or sad because i miss out on so much

Still, playing games 'for free' can still become a 2020 thing for me xD

I bought Uncharted 4 few month ago, I should stop buying games from PS4 Hits collection because they are main target of PS Plus games. And DiRT Rally 2.0? It's more like DLCiRT 2.0, game obviously not for everyone to enjoy. Still DiRT Rally 2.0 much better than DiRT 4 because this game is godly awful. Probably gonna play it after I finish DiRT Rally :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Check the most played games on the front page of this very website about a week after the game's have gone PS+. It will be right up there, like it always is when people say this about a big popular game. It's simply not true. Many people still do not have it, will enjoy getting it 'for free' on PS+ and will play the crap out of it :)

But you could really say that about any Plus game lol.

It wasn't meant to be offensive. I think it's great we still get AAA games, but it just sucks when you own them haha.

At least this years freebies have been very good though so it makes up for this month :)

1 hour ago, MrBeens said:

Nah, that would just give everyone 1 more game to complain about. 1f602.png

I mean considering what Plus used to be (4+ games at times) we sort of have every right to complain. Especially since they ARE making more profit off the service now that it's required :P 

They should really give at least one- two AAA game and two-three indie titles. I'd be a great balance for everyone. Especially this late in the generation.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

6 hours ago, majob said:

Sony stock is plummeting right now, that's not exactly "raking in mo". Their "bump" in SIE isn't making up for shortfalls they had to take in other divisions

So ive now seen/read/heard. I dont take much notice of stocks sadly. 

Oh well. A warm gesture could help generate sales in future....

Sonic is another series SIE double dipped from less than a year ago with Sonic Mania, even though it and Sonic Forces are mostly, drastically different games (that tie into each other). Uncharted 4 is obviously worse because—among blatantly being a top system seller—it's both being given away just two months after the trilogy/collection was, and the core gameplay matches that of it. The only apparent positive I see with this lineup is that it's better to get this out the way now than later, especially the four year old U4, a game that would be even worse to add to the IGC in the future than now. But it still eats up one of the twelve months. Hopefully next month is much better. 

They should have put Uncharted The Lost Legacy instead. You just know it's coming to plus any month now.

That's what I said before the Collection was added to the IGC in January, which was also before Lost Legacy itself was added to the PSNw lineup. Now that it was added there shortly, I'd say U4 is the better offering in comparison.

22 hours ago, Spaz said:

AAA games is nice, but practically everybody has heard and already played Uncharted 4.

Dirt Rally 2.0 is just okay. You guys still will have to pay money for that DLC, but I reckon most of you don't bother with DLC so it's whatever.

I would appreciate it if Sony threw an indie game or two on the list from time to time. But people will just gripe and bitch that they're not "worthwhile" games.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be on PS Plus eventually. I have already bet money on that happening.

Exactly. TLOUR back in October/2019 was worse because—in addition to factoring in its overwhelming popularity/sales—it's a last gen game, and it was already bundled with PS4 systems prior for a while, which is exactly how I got my version of the game.  

One other issue outside that is the game caters to specific audiences: rally/rallycross and sim racing fans. Not even pure Dirt fans—Dirt Rally is a spinoff to the Dirt series that focuses on the rally sport—and other people like myself prefer arcade and pick-ups' based racers, instead.

The good ones—that aren't actively in good sales—like Pyre, Unravel 2 (exception), Undertale, Mark of the Ninja, Hob, Owlboy, Hat in Time, Hyper Light Drifter, Freedom Planet, etc. Specifically left out titles like Matterfall, Nex Machina, Oxenfree, INSIDE, etc, because they've actively been in great sales.

With it added to PSNw two months ago, I expect it later this year or early next year.

Edited by EcoShifter

Bad month imo. Yet again a popular game that is low value, Uncharted is great but that should be a bonus game. And Dirt Rally 2 from what I've heard will be too hard for most and most won't be interested in it. Project Cars 2 would've being a much better choice. 

• Like 1

Yeah... I really don't want to see anymore PlayStation Hits/System Sellers/Constantly-on-sale games for a few following months, especially after they double dipped from the Uncharted series so soon, unless they're used to bring in new players and remind informed ones of upcoming sequels, such as Sons of the Forest from The Forest, Shantae and the Seven Sirens from Shantae ½ Genie Hero (which is rarely on sale), Dying Light 2 from Dying Light, and so fourth.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

I wonder what kind of games people expect from PS+. It looks like people cry now because AAA games, but when they give indiegames there's still people bitchin' and moaning.

What kind of magical game is the right one for PS+? ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Juzota said:

I wonder what kind of games people expect from PS+. It looks like people cry now because AAA games, but when they give indiegames there's still people bitchin' and moaning.

What kind of magical game is the right one for PS+? ?

Exactly, nothing will satisfy them anymore, all they do is complain and complain, as if that will help anyhow. If they don't like the games they should just play whatever they have in their backlog or whatever....

6 minutes ago, Juzota said:

What kind of magical game is the right one for PS+? 1f914.png

The guesses from the PS+ Prediction Contest thread show some pretty interesting data on what people expect from PS+. When I get a chance I plan to show some interesting info.

The way I look at it, I picked up several years when Plus was on sale for $40, so for my $3.33 a month, I have yet to be disappointed. I have Uncharted 4 in shrink wrap still and I'll probably mess around with Dirt on my other account. 

• Like 1