I have a spare online pass

crazyjake29

3 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

If my memory serves me well, i believe for the trophies, you don't need an online pass and the trophies come from the tutorial section do they not?

There is a single online trophy, which is for completing the MP tutorial but you can't access it without having the Online Pass installed and being signed into PSN.

On 02/04/2020 at 8:34 PM, HuntingFever said:

There is a single online trophy, which is for completing the MP tutorial but you can't access it without having the Online Pass installed and being signed into PSN.

I didn't purchase any online pass nor did I redeem anything however I played the game through PS Now so maybe that could've allowed me to get that trophy? 

4 hours ago, ShahinMiah said:

I didn't purchase any online pass nor did I redeem anything however I played the game through PS Now so maybe that could've allowed me to get that trophy? 

That's why then, because all PS Now games with online trophies actually come with the Online Pass hardcoded into the game itself so you don't have to buy it separately.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

do i still have to pay some shitty fee to unlock a trophy ? fuckin scrubs.

you can buy a month of PS Now and get the trophy since the online pass is included with the game on PS Now. It SURE would cost you money but at least you got other games to play with for 1 month.

55 minutes ago, SeniorRicketts said:

Sony still not removing the online passes for these old games is a crime

Trust me until Sony finds a way to remove the online-related trophies for old games with literally nobody playing, I'm sure extreme perfectionists will still buy the passes. At least for this game you can dodge the bullet by playing the game on PS Now (as the game is complete edition on PS Now). Try Dante's Inferno. That game's DLC was delisted from NA store despite the server is still on; I learnt it the hard way and had to buy the DLC for 15 UK pounds just for 8 trophies I believe. Not feeling worth it after all though.

P/S: I also just got the MP trophy for Ascension through PS Now anyways LOL.

Edited by manh_and_cheese
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 4:15 AM, manh_and_cheese said:

Try Dante's Inferno. That game's DLC was delisted from NA store despite the server is still on; I learnt it the hard way and had to buy the DLC for 15 UK pounds just for 8 trophies I believe. Not feeling worth it after all though.

I assume you had to get a PAL dantes inferno as well?

3 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

I assume you had to get a PAL dantes inferno as well?

In a way. I actually bought the UK version off Amazon without knowing (tbh I never care about the region thing unless there are different trophy sets for different versions) so by the time I know I'm screwing up with the trophies, I got relieved knowing that my hard copy was from UK and I could just buy the DLC from an UK store using an UK account and download the DLC.

Edited by manh_and_cheese