i cant see s**t on nighttime maps

melodicmizery

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

The game was made by a bunch of a f*cking hacks formerly at Evolution Studios, so what's to be expected. I can't see sh*t either when it's dark and have run into too many rocks while driving on night time tracks too.

You played those Driveclub heavy rain nighttime events too, huh?

tumblr_mbs7chZ6IG1qfi990o1_500.gif

Yeah, they sure favor style over playability often.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

The game was made by a bunch of a f*cking hacks formerly at Evolution Studios, so what's to be expected. I can't see sh*t either when it's dark and have run into too many rocks while driving on night time tracks too.

Boo. Those guys are talented. Loved their work in DriveClub. Evolution created a potential answer to Forza Horizon and it would have come to fruition if Layden hadn't shuttered them.

5 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

You played those Driveclub heavy rain nighttime events too, huh?

tumblr_mbs7chZ6IG1qfi990o1_500.gif

Yeah, they sure favor style over playability often.

I remember my first-time reaction to that was, 'They expect me to race a hypercar through this in 30fps?!'

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

@Eraezr Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Motorstorm and Driveclub fan and wish we were still getting sequels to those, but truth be said, Evo's work has become increasingly flawed over time.

And it's only getting worse since they joined Codemasters and EA.

I feel like I can't count Onrush as a fair test to their calibre as Codemasters did not allow the team to complete their game. I was watching the developers' social media closely, and it's as if CM used the negotiation money Sony gave to absorb the devs for the company's own gain. Which is a small wonder why Rushdie and the others left the studio shortly, going over to Avalanche.

Edited by Eraezr

@Eraezr I know very little about that stuff, but at the time I believe they said they made the game they wanted, as they wanted (OnRush).

And Rushy still points to it as one of his favorite games:

I'm more into simcades, but I actually enjoyed OnRush. It's simply something I would never play for very long.

Have you tried Dirt 5 and Grid Legends? Now those are truly disappointing. I literally fall asleep playing those games. LITERALLY!

16 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Have you tried Dirt 5 and Grid Legends? Now those are truly disappointing. I literally fall asleep playing those games. LITERALLY!

Nah, I'm a little reluctant to touch rally-focused games for the time being after V Rally 4 (different studio and style I know) so the stigma might sit there for the next two years until I'm ready. Won't be playing Grid Legends since Project Cars 3 won out of backlog acquisition priority for my simcade fix, so that's that.

I never had much issues with night levels in Onrush, sure was rather annoying at times but mostly were fine, Driveclub however is a completely different matter, doesn't matter how good your eyesight is, some tracks are simply impossible to see what the hell is going with all the rain and darkness in front of you.