Don't skip the text!

dtb345

Very close to the end of the game personally, and as much as it pains me to say, there's a lot worth skipping if you played P5. There is so much content that was not changed whatsoever, and the game makes it pretty evident when you're seeing a new scene or new dialogue, so really, I would encourage skipping if you're losing interest.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dtb345 said:

I see many people beating a place than getting the next palace done in an hour please just enjoy the game and don't skip text! Skipping the text is the same as just buying 60$ game just to skip everything!

Good point, but a lot of us have already played it.

I haven't touched p5 since I beat it back in 2017, and as much as I LOVE this game, there's numerous points where I'm like, "Yeah I don't care what they're saying right now."

Also, some people who enjoy blasting through games. Weird, but to each their own.

I mean i played the orginal p5 3 times lol but im not skipping text because there are so many subtle changes

On 4/5/2020 at 9:47 PM, Blaul_Part said:

Very close to the end of the game personally, and as much as it pains me to say, there's a lot worth skipping if you played P5. There is so much content that was not changed whatsoever, and the game makes it pretty evident when you're seeing a new scene or new dialogue, so really, I would encourage skipping if you're losing interest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 6:40 PM, Van-Helsings said:

Well I believe people should enjoy/play their games however they want.

Pretty much.

As long as no one is telling another person to play a game in a specific way because it's the "correct way" and their way is "wrong" because of a silly reason then it's all good. It's their purchase and their experience they want to have with it. If that is how they want to enjoy the product then so be it and more power to them.

As for me, haven't even started the game yet because of other games but I can see myself skipping some confidants and old story beats with no huge changes. :D

Edited by Alufeii

On 06/04/2020 at 1:26 PM, dtb345 said:

I see many people beating a place than getting the next palace done in an hour please just enjoy the game and don't skip text! Skipping the text is the same as just buying 60$ game just to skip everything!

Don't take this the wrong way. Just because people like to skip text Royal doesn't mean people will agree to your opinion. Who are you judging people whether they can or can't skip text lol?

For the record TC, i've been through the original about 10 times, currently playing P5R and played first 2 months 3 times so far and I have NEVER EVER viewed the text or watched cutscenes......

.....And i've loved every minute of it!

I have different motivation I guess as I make guides but my point is that you would be surprised what people can find enjoyable.

P5 actually has really fun gameplay!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

For the record TC, i've been through the original about 10 times, currently playing P5R and played first 2 months 3 times so far and I have NEVER EVER viewed the text or watched cutscenes......

.....And i've loved every minute of it!

I have different motivation I guess as I make guides but my point is that you would be surprised what people can find enjoyable.

P5 actually has really fun gameplay!

Not saying that I agree with dictating others how they should play the game, but it was obviously aimed at first time players. It goes without saying that gameplay is fun, I personally plan buying it again mainly for gameplay since I platinumed original quite recently. But why rob yourself by skipping the story if you haven't experienced it yet?!

• Like 2

On 06/04/2020 at 2:26 AM, dtb345 said:

I disagree, I didn't skip everything but most of the time it's just going over and over the same plot points. Took me 110hrs to get the plat, alot of fastforwarding and I didn't feel I missed out on anything. You tell people to just enjoy the game and yet tell them how to play it, maybe just let them enjoy it the way they want to?

Also a first time player, understood the plot, the only thing that killed it in places was basically being a visual novel, after completing a palace only to get daily phone conversations from confidants saying a variation of the same 'Im worried' in 20+ messages... yeah no thanks, pointless fluff

Edited by Turbobuddah

15 minutes ago, Turbobuddah said:

I disagree, I didn't skip everything but most of the time it's just going over and over the same plot points. Took me 110hrs to get the plat, alot of fastforwarding and I didn't feel I missed out on anything. You tell people to just enjoy the game and yet tell them how to play it, maybe just let them enjoy it the way they want to?

Also a first time player, understood the plot, the only thing that killed it in places was basically being a visual novel, after completing a palace only to get daily phone conversations from confidants saying a variation of the same 'Im worried' in 20+ messages... yeah no thanks, pointless fluff

110 hrs means you did not skip it.

56 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Not saying that I agree with dictating others how they should play the game, but it was obviously aimed at first time players. It goes without saying that gameplay is fun, I personally plan buying it again mainly for gameplay since I platinumed original quite recently. But why rob yourself by skipping the story if you haven't experienced it yet?!

P5R is actually quite fun even after playing original, the new gameplay features/expansion actually do make it feel a bit fresh, you will enjoy it ;)

I didn't rob myself, I purely play games for gameplay, stories in videogames just dont interest me at all. Watching them actually 'robs' me off time, its why I usually dont follow story except for rare occasions. To me, my time is more important than the story, I would just rather be actually playing than just watching, it's just me, which is why I just will just will not watch P5 story.

I watch movies for that story experience or listen to audio books, gaming is purely for me to game ;)

I'm sure I don't speak for a lot, I have a very unusual way of how I approach videogames, very very unusual in fact but just saying videogames can be enjoyed in many many different ways xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, UltraFire121 said:

Don't take this the wrong way. Just because people like to skip text Royal doesn't mean people will agree to your opinion. Who are you judging people whether they can or can't skip text lol?

Thanks for the good tip. It's really hilarious how some people complain about others skipping the story, when others don't give a shit about it, but they wanted just the gameplay. Gameplay is what interests most of them.

3 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

110 hrs means you did not skip it.

To be fair 10hrs was probably idle time, a good 20 hours wasted exploring and messing around in mementos. Fast forwarded most confidant meeting text, all classroom text, all group message text, the majority of confrontation text

Each dungeon took me a good 3+ hours and I spent god knows how long in the velvet room playing with fusions, guess I just spent more time playing the game than reading dialogue ?‍♂️

Someone skipping or not skipping the text will not affect me in the slightest, having a thread about such a thing is not a good look.

Didn't finish my 2nd playthrough on vanilla P5 to the end (skip used too), about 75+hrs in Royal having finished Futaba palace without skipping anything. I didn't skip as I don't mind refreshing myself on the texts and wanted to look out for translation differences/improvements.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 4/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, dtb345 said:

I didn't skip the text or voices the first time I got the platinum, it was fun romancing Futaba. She's now my waifu. ^_^

But the second time... eh, I really don't give a damn. That's the problem, you already seen every scene before. Also, one post on a forum will not stop everyone playing this game for the platinum from fast-forwarding and skipping cutscenes. They are all lazy slaves of the God of Control - they hate having to watch movies in their video games. Shame, the voices for Persona 5 are wonderful. xD

Maybe Atlus should disable skipping until you go to NG+ for Persona 6? Then that would be a turn-off for everyone. I mean, everyone who has played FFXIV avoids Main Scenario Roulette because you cannot skip cutscenes or dialogue. If they did that trick in Persona 5, Atlus would lose money on Persona 5 because most of the people playing it just want the platinum.

Edited by faint-magician2