STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided that my personal end date for this event will be June 1st. I always have a hard time sticking to lists and I'm getting burnt out a little. I kind of want to do the summer backlog challenge, but it's more likely that I will just casually pick games I want to play while sitting around waiting for work to trickle in. Thanks to the host for setting this event up, and I think I got enough points for the gold badge but I might be wrong about that.

• Like 1

#COOKWITHME: Marenian Tavern Story (Ultra) (0%)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Akiba's Beat :platinum:
#CRAFTWITHME: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (Ultra) (11%)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Hero Must Die Again :platinum:
#READWITHME: Death Mark (Ultra) :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Ultra) (0%)
#GETREADYWITHME: Tales of Symphonia (Ultra) (7%)
#SOLVEWITHME: Word Search by POWGI (Ultra) :platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:  Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter :platinum:
#BONDWITHME: Nier (Ultra) :platinum:
#WORKOUTWITHME: Dark Cloud (0%)
#FIGHTWITHME: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (Ultra) (0%)
#TRAVELWITHME: TBA
#GAMEWITHME: Dark Cloud 2 (Ultra) (0%)

Finished up the speedrun in Nier and got the plat!  It's also my 150th plat as well.  Actually took a lot less time than I thought, it was more like around 10 hours when you have to do it under 15 hours.  I even goofed off a bit and did some grinding so I'd be at a more decent level and did a few quests to raise enough money to get the best weapon in the game.  Only hard part was the boss at the end of the first act because for one phase of it you have to knock out about a third of its HP meter before it can reach a certain location and on a speedrun you do so little damage that if you mess up even the slightest here, it's game over.  Thankfully a game over just put you back to the last checkpoint with full health so with bosses you start at the beginning of whatever phase you reached in case you do screw up so it just took a lot of tries to ensure I got the perfect timing and barely defeat that shit-hog as Kaine so kindly put it.  After that, the rest was easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clairelifelistjo said:

according to the guide but forgot that that number is for better players than me, i think it means if you have played this game before and know exactly what you are doing you could complete in this time frame. However I'm not to far off so I will get it next week.

I understand you SO MUCH ! Guides sometime tends to be... Off with the time they suggest. I always add a good ten hours whenever i start a game. 

And i dont see myself as a noob, i have 69 plat on this account and 30 on another and a few challenging ones as well. 

I can only think of two reasons why writers would underappreciate times on guides.. 1- They are insanely OP or... 2-it helps their egos when People on the internet cant do better than what they wrote    They forget that games are meant to have fun and we take the time to enjoy them. 

11 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

After thinking long and hard about it, I have decided that my personal end date for this event will be June 1st. I always have a hard time sticking to lists and I'm getting burnt out a little. I kind of want to do the summer backlog challenge, but it's more likely that I will just casually pick games I want to play while sitting around waiting for work to trickle in. Thanks to the host for setting this event up, and I think I got enough points for the gold badge but I might be wrong about that.

Oh thanks! :D I am glad you set your own personal deadline. I don't want people to be burned out on an event. With people going back to work commutes (now that more info on The Virus is trickling in and precursors are taken to ensure people don't get sick - we'll probably be wearing masks outside of the house for many many months :() I know a few people will go back to their casual free gaming time of two hours or so a day so you do you. ;)

Thanks for the thanks. I tried to make sure this event was fun but doable. Also, if you are unsure of your score or standing, Kristycism's table should have all of your information so you can calculate it yourself. ;)

11 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

I can only think of two reasons why writers would under-appreciate times on guides.. 1- They are insanely OP or... 2-it helps their egos when People on the internet cant do better than what they wrote    They forget that games are meant to have fun and we take the time to enjoy them. 

Uh huh, preach it! I had my doubts about playing Kingdom Hearts III with the DLC's EZ Codes, but they made the trophies go by. For the record, after walloping several early bosses with Deadly Blow, I took it off for the final battles and it was more exciting and suitable. The thought of [spoiler final boss] going down in one hit is silly. :P

Thanks to those EZ codes, I managed to go from 0% to 91% trophy completion in KH3 in 20 hours. I just have to grind Sora to max level which will probably be done as I gather the materials for those last synthesis recipes, and gather a lot of bananas to make dessert for Little Chef because I failed the banana souffle six times. I want to know - should I just enable the Chef code and cheese those two recipes? I don't know if that would disable the Master Chef trophy as I heard that if you cook a dish you haven't learned with the code on, it automatically teaches it and you get the Excellent for it. I want to try to get the last two desserts legit but if I fail the egg game again I am going to just nope out of that. The egg minigame is the worst.

Bytheby, did you know that Sora's voice in all three games was Haley Joel Osment, who surprisingly was the little kid in "The Sixth Sense", a movie I saw years ago in theaters. It was about a kid who could see ghosts of the dead. How that little kid who acted like a scared six year old played Sora was amazing and his voice changed the character in the games. :)

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

Sorry to post again so fast but I busted out another game today that I thought I wasn't gonna be doing for a while. I had loaned my VR stuff out to a friend but he gave it back so I decided to get my 7th game done.

#COOKWITHME - VA-11 HALL-A PS4 :platinum:

#DANCEWITHME - Hasbro Family Game Night 4 

#CRAFTWITHME - The Evil Within 2 

#HANGOUTWITHME - Jeopardy PS3 :platinum:

#READWITHME - Death Mark PS4 :platinum:

#LEARNWITHME - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

#GETREADYWITHME - Final Fantasy 7 Remake :platinum:

#SOLVEWITHME - Thimbleweed Park 

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH - Erica :platinum:

#BONDWITHME - LEGO Jurassic Park PS4 :platinum:

#WORKOUTWITHME - No Heroes Allowed VR :platinum:

#FIGHTWITHME - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

#TRAVELWITHME - L.A. Noire PS4

#GAMEWITHME - Wasteland 2

you're gonna have to take my word for this right now as im currently getting that bug that doesn't show my profile here anymore. But the game is done and platinumed.

• Like 3

Aight, I'm gonna say something, so it won't look like I've given up on this contest. My console has been broken since 3 weeks ago (wasn't reading any discs) and I've sent it to repair, yesterday it came back, but now I couldn't even put discs inside, so I returned it, and maybe it'll be back before the weekend.

So, I guess I can make my list better to look at

#COOKWITHME: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (0/76, still have to buy)

#DANCESINGWITHME: LEGO The Movie (0/49, still have to buy)

#CRAFTWITHME: Assassin's Creed: Revelations  :platinum: (70/70)

#HANGOUTWITHME: Air Conflicts: Vietnam  :platinum:  (17/17)

#READWITHME: XBlaze Code: Embryo (0/39)

#LEARNWITHME: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (0/51, still have to buy)

#GETREADYWITHME: Sleeping Dogs (0/60, still have to buy)

#SOLVEWITHME: L.A. Noire (0/61, still have to buy)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Batman: The Telltale Series (0/31, still have to buy)

#BONDWITHME: Red Dead Redemption (73/91)

#WORKOUTWITHME: Five Night's At Freddy's: Help Wanted (0/15, still have to buy)

#FIGHTWITHME: Mortal Kombat (32/51)

#TRAVELWITHME: Minecraft (27/94)

#GAMEWITHME: Crysis 3 (23/61)

• Like 1

My update after being away for some weeks. 

340?cb=20110614221032

I got the platinum for inFamous 2, unfortunately the PS Now version of the game has some game breaking bugs (for example you can't choose certain options that lock you from getting some trophies) thankfully if you have a 2nd controller you can void all this problems by switching controllers when the game asks you to choose your path. Overall good game, the villain was meh, I really didn't liked his powers or the character but the ending paid it off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Varhur said:

Aight, I'm gonna say something, so it won't look like I've given up on this contest. My console has been broken since 3 weeks ago (wasn't reading any discs) and I've sent it to repair, yesterday it came back, but now I couldn't even put discs inside, so I returned it, and maybe it'll be back before the weekend.

Ouch! Sorry to hear your PS4 is busted! I hope you can get one running soon, I know it sucks not being able to game. :(

Also, to maiathewinners, congrats on the plat! :)

Persona 5 Royal finally done! Took me awhile since I took quite a few breaks but now it's done & my god was the new content absolutely amazing! Probably going to take a break for a little bit from getting platinums since Phantasy Star Online 2 comes out tomorrow on PC & I've been waiting for the game to release to NA since 2012. I'm half way through this list now though, so I think a break is in order anyway! I'll see you all again once I get a new platinum!

#COOKWITHME: Dead Hungry (Game about cooking for zombies:platinum: (Also the second faster achiever for it, nice!)
#DANCESINGWITHME: Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Game about dancing:platinum:
#CRAFTWITHME: The Surge 2 (Gotta Craft 'em All Trophy)
#HANGOUTWITHME: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Multiple trophies requiring at least 1 other person)
#READWITHME: Root Letter (Finding the Truth! Trophy) They're called routes in the game but are still achieving all endings :platinum:
#LEARNWITHME: Far Cry 4 (Fully Loaded Trophy:platinum:
#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Dressed to the Nines Trophy)
#SOLVEWITHME: Waking Violet (Puzzle Game:platinum:
#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Erica (FMV Game)
#BONDWITHME: Persona 5: Dancing Star Night (You can play as the twins which are related)
#WORKOUTWITHME: Arizona Sunshine (VR Game:platinum:
#FIGHTWITHME: Yakuza Kiwami (Combat is Fighting)
#TRAVELWITHME: Persona 5 Royal (You explore quite a bit of Tokyo during you free time:platinum:

#GAMEWITHME: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Currently 4.08% on PSNProfiles)

• Like 3

I got another game completed, atleast there wasn't a big gap between this one and the last one ?. 

1L9becb8.png

Wizards Tourney is a Mario Party style of game where you take part on various minigame such as, building towers, collecting orbs, and cooking. 

I have to say this game has very little to do about magic and Wizards, it seems like they ran out of ideas for wizards minigame right on the first one and decided to go with whatever they had in their minds, there's a minigame that's more about the future then magic itself. 

The journey for the platinum is short but repetitive, you have to play each minigame 50 times and there's 7 of them, so be ready to lose some hours completing the same thing over and over again, if the minigames were fun this would go in a flash but they are not and they take some time to complete (looking at you pupkim minigame). 

Now I'm getting ready to tackle Resident Evil 3 which will also be my 100th platinum

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 2

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can. Shoots a web from his butt, does a split and breaks his nuts. Look out, here comes another plat.

1f532.png #COOKWITHME -

1f532.png #DANCESINGWITHME - Guacamelee! 2

2611.png #CRAFTWITHME - Subnautica :platinum: 

1f532.png #HANGOUTWITHME - Persona 5 Royal

1f532.png #READWITHME - Zero Time Dilemma ⭐

1f532.png #LEARNWITHME -

2611.png #GETREADYWITHME - Marvel's Spider-Man :platinum: ⭐

1f532.png #SOLVEWITHME -

1f532.png #WATCHWITHME - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

1f532.png #BONDWITHME - A Plague Tale: Innocence ⭐

1f532.png #WORKOUTWITHME -

2611.png #FIGHTWITHME - Demon's Souls :platinum:

1f532.png #TRAVELWITHME - Plague Inc: Evolved (43/52)

2611.png #GAMEWITHME - Two Point Hospital :platinum: ⭐

I also like the idea of using green for finished games and orange for ones in progress, so we'll do that from now on.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Rune_Crys said:

I am a bit iffy about Persona 5. I did playing Persona 4 Golden but I need a lot of motivation to go into Persona 5's universe considering that I don't really like time management games. The reason Persona 4 Golden worked was because it had a dialogue fast-forward option.

P5 is a lot easier plat than P4G was.  There's a really solid guide on here to get everything maxed out in one playthrough and to quickly get the second playthrough stuff.  Even if you mess up, P5 has a ton of leeway on social links and the other miscellaneous trophies unlike P4G where the timing on being able to wrap everything up is down to the wire.  I think it also does have a fast forward option, but I really found the story much more interesting than P4G's. 

6 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

P5 is a lot easier plat than P4G was.  There's a really solid guide on here to get everything maxed out in one playthrough and to quickly get the second playthrough stuff.  Even if you mess up, P5 has a ton of leeway on social links and the other miscellaneous trophies unlike P4G where the timing on being able to wrap everything up is down to the wire.  I think it also does have a fast forward option, but I really found the story much more interesting than P4G's. 

Yeah, I know that. I know Persona 5 Royal has less trophies so it's not as difficult to platinum and you can even do it without having to go to a New Game+. I just need some more time. Also, I have a lot of games to get through and the next Shantae came is going to be coming out on PSN soon and I want to try it out. However, I know my lessons well and will wait for the trophy list. I expect I have to do another 100% speedrun, as that was the norm for Shantae games. If the other trophies are a pain in the keister, I'll look to it for the Switch instead. ?

@Upendo_Vitani Well done on finishing up and good luck in the summer backlog.

@ladynadiad Awesome to get your 150th plat, that's amazing.

On 25/05/2020 at 11:57 PM, dadoudelidou said:

I understand you SO MUCH ! Guides sometime tends to be... Off with the time they suggest. I always add a good ten hours whenever i start a game. 

And i dont see myself as a noob, i have 69 plat on this account and 30 on another and a few challenging ones as well. 

I can only think of two reasons why writers would underappreciate times on guides.. 1- They are insanely OP or... 2-it helps their egos when People on the internet cant do better than what they wrote    They forget that games are meant to have fun and we take the time to enjoy them. 

Thank you for sharing my frustration, I always question if its me, that I'm just to slow or bad at gaming, but they always feel quite off. It does feel like people saying this is the fastest it can be done when I feel it should be more of an average, or maybe both a quickest time and an average, would be more helpful to more people.

Well done @DoctorDrPepper for completing half the games!

I hope you get your console sorted soon @Varhur.

And well done to everyone who has completed games this week!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, clairelifelistjo said:

Thank you for sharing my frustration, I always question if its me, that I'm just to slow or bad at gaming, but they always feel quite off. It does feel like people saying this is the fastest it can be done when I feel it should be more of an average, or maybe both a quickest time and an average, would be more helpful to more people.

You're definitely not alone when it comes to guides.  The worst is guides for VNs.  Almost always they give a time that involves skipping all text rather than only skipping read text.  While yeah I get that is the fastest way to get a plat, it also defeats the purpose of playing a VN if you aren't going to read any of the story.  VN guides nearly always have times that are way off if you want to play the game as it is intended to be played.

• Like 1

Another update, 7 categories cleared:

1f532.png COOKWITHME: Punchline Cocking features & Scenes are present

☑️ DANCESINGWITHME: UR FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Dancing Queen Trophy :platinum:

2611.png CRAFTWITHME: UR BIOSHOCK - Avid Inventor Trophy :platinum:

1f532.png HANGOUTWITHME: UR FAR CRY 4 Community Surprise Trophy

1f532.png READWITHME: UR DEATH MARK trophies for acquiring all ends

☑️ LEARNWITHME: UR KNACK 2 Incredible Power! Trophy :platinum:

1f532.png GETREADYWITHME: UR SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS Speed King trophy

2611.png SOLVEWITHME: Bioshock 2 Master Hacker :platinum:

1f532.png STAYHOMEANDWATCH: ALIEN: ISOLATION

1f532.png BONDWITHME: UR AZUR LANE: CROSSWAVE  playable sisters  

☑️ WORKOUTWITHME: SLY COOPER AND THE THIEVIUS RACCOONUS :platinum:

2611.png FIGHTWITHME: WAR THEATRE: BLOOD OF WINTER Mega-Kill Trophy :platinum:

☑️ TRAVELWITHME: UR ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Map Maker Trophy :platinum:

1f532.png GAMEWITHME: UR RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 The Never-Ending Nightmare Trophy 

• Like 2

On 2020-05-22 at 5:42 PM, dadoudelidou said:

#dancesing : FFVIII 
#Craft : Deponia 2 (ultra) 
#hangout : Bortherlands 3 (ultra) 
#StayHomeandWatch: Spyro 3 
#learn : Gravity Rush 2 ( ultra ) 
#Fight : Days Gone 
#Game : Farming Simulator 19

Games completed :
#Travel : Watchdog 2 (ultra) 
#Bond : AC Brotherhood (ultra)
#Solve : Lego Marvel Super Héros 2 
#getready: Assasins Creed Syndicate
#Stayhome : AC Freedom Cry ( 5 points) 
#cook : Overcooked 2 (ultra) 
#workout : FarCry New Dawn 

Update: 

I'm working though Gravity Rush 2 and i should be at around 60-70 % Done (19/21 missions, 31/50 side missions, 11/20 challenges and i started the huge gem grind all ready to be OP for final boss) 

I really start to get burned out of the game but I feel like i cannot put it down and come back later because controls are so complexe with it's differents modes, etc.. I truely hope i get the Plat within the next week. 

Next game is Bortherlands 3 , i'm worried tho.. I kinda force the idea to a friend of mine to buy it to play coop together and then... Ive seen that playing coop can bug some trophies.... Any recommandations you can give me to prevent bugs with it (and dont tell me to play it solo, i really enjoy coop games with him) 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 2:09 PM, maiathewinners said:

I got the platinum for inFamous 2, unfortunately the PS Now version of the game has some game breaking bugs (for example you can't choose certain options that lock you from getting some trophies) thankfully if you have a 2nd controller you can void all this problems by switching controllers when the game asks you to choose your path.

Oh really? That sucks, wonder how they managed to mess that up xD

I was gonna play it on PSNow but I guess I'd be better just buying the disc since it's not too expensive in the UK anyway

Hello. It's been a while since I last visited this page, but I managed to get the platinum for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, thus completing the #FIGHT requirement:

#COOK (ultra)- Kingdom Hearts 3

#DANCE - ???

#CRAFT (ultra)- The Last of Us Remastered

#HANGOUT (ultra)- Super Bomberman R

#READ (ultra)- Steins;Gate 0

#LEARN (ultra)- Final Fantasy 13

#GETREADY (ultra)- Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed 

#SOLVE - ???

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH (ultra)- UFC 2009 Undisputed

#BOND - ???

#WORKOUT - ???

#FIGHT (ultra)- BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

#TRAVEL - ???

#GAME (ultra)- Mugen Souls

I will have to figure out what to put for the rest, but this is what I have for the time being.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

Congrats for everyone who got categories filled! You'll finish your lists in no time! :)

Might swap in Shantae and the Seven Sirens, though it'll tank my score by 15 points if I do so. Need to see the trophy list before I can make a ruling. But Shantae would be a great DANCE game - she uses magic through dancing and any Shantae game is amazing with soundtrack(can't use Pirate Curses because Shantae doesn't dance in that title for story reasons).

EDIT: NEVER MIND. I just got the trophy list for Seven Sirens and it will probably be the HARDEST Shantae to platinum because it copies the Squid Savior trophy from Pirate's Curse(get all the heart squids but never use them to upgrade your health, basically an Ocarina of Time 3-heart run :(). If I do work on this game, I will wait until a year passes and someone puts up a 100% speedrun guide. ?

I am not saying that I hate Shantae and I am a wussy-poo. I did platinum Half-Genie Hero(sans DLC because it can go to Hell) but I am definitely going to either rent this off Gamefly(had to create a new account as my credit card address was wrong and I blew all of my attempts to change it. AGAIN.) or wait until I get another stimulus check on June 3 as I am already down to $250 in my account and my mom was asking me "What do you spend on games?" I don't like that sort of question which shows that I need to cut down on one-and-dones and go back to renting games(and risking the carts getting destroyed by rain, my mailbox is outside and it's been raining and storming WAY too many times and mail has gotten soaked by the humidity. :(

Mini-Me: "Good! You need to stick to Ice Cream Beat. I know you have three Kingdom Hearts games but you PROMISED to platinum the entire series come hell or highwater! So GET TO IT!!!!" ?

Eep. I hate my inner child sometimes. :o Anyways, I do need to get crackin' on DQB2 anyways, no more excuses. :P

Edited by Rune_Crys

6 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Oh really? That sucks, wonder how they managed to mess that up xD

I was gonna play it on PSNow but I guess I'd be better just buying the disc since it's not too expensive in the UK anyway

You will definitely be better off with a physical copy. The Now version was odd, hopefully it doesn't repeat with other games

Edited by maiathewinners