STAY HOME and #PLATINUMWITHME

Hello girls and guys, 

I was wondering if it would be taking in consideration to keep the date for the free game switchs to May 1st even if the event have been pushed april 24th ? 

I was actually waiting for next wednesday for PS to announce their free games for May to finalize my list.  With the Covid and only one left in my house having a job, i try to tackle backlog and not buying new games here... I'd assume we would be a few waiting for free May games there. 

That said, i can't wait to start the event ! ?

22 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I should be alright as I've set up the sheet to be as easy to update as possible, but I wouldn't say no to additional help if you want to :)

Just PM me your e-mail address and I can give you editing permissions and we can work out a schedule on who should update when so we don't duplicate efforts? :)

Also everyone is updated until this point! :)

My list is still not updated and I posted it three times :/ What's going on?

2 hours ago, hsn963 said:

does it have to be an action RPG, could games such as Sekiro & Darksiders be considered)

I only said action RPG and Metroidvania because that was what I was familiar with, but any action-adventure title will work. If you read the description again, it says "any title with action elements in it, like Metroidvania or an action-based RPG." Darksiders or God of War or even Sekiro all have action-based combat and exploration so they count.

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

Took me awhile to come up with my list but here it is.

#Cookwithme: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

#dance/singwithme: Yakuza 4

#craftwithme: The last of us

#hangoutwithme: World War Z

#Readwithme: Utawarerumono: Mask of deception

#learnwithme: Infamous First light

#Getreadywithme: Final fantasy 7 remake

#solvewithme: Phoenix wright: ace attorney trilogy

#watchwithme: Everybody’s Golf

#bondWithme: Dishonored 2

#workoutwithme: Bloodstained: ritual of the night

#fightwithme: Guilty Gear XRD revelator

#travelwithme: Yakuza 5

#gamewithme: Call of duty: black ops 3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Varhur said:

My list is still not updated and I posted it three times :/ What's going on?

Its updated now. You may have to pick a new game for #COOKWITHME though as @Rune_Crys made a judgement (a few posts up) LEGO The Lord of the Rings wasn't valid.

Edited by gruffiiti

UPDATED LIST:  I have updated #CookWithMe and #StayHomeAndWatch

#COOKWITHME: Back to the Future (Ultra challenge) - As noted by @Rune_Crys, LEGO Lord of the Rings isn’t valid, but the minigame for creating fuel does count, so I’m replacing this with Back to the Future.

#DANCESINGWITHME: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered - This campaign has an AMAZING soundtrack in my opinion, especially the mission “Of Their Own Accord” when you exit the bunker. Hans Zimmer is an excellent composer and I’m going to enjoy hearing his music again when I do this.

#CRAFTWITHME: Fallout Shelter (Ultra challenge) - Many of this game’s trophies are based on crafting

#HANGOUTWITHME: Star Wars Battlefront (Ultra challenge) - I have one multiplayer trophy left, which is reaching Level 100, as well as a co-op trophy

#READWITHME: Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness (Ultra Challenge) - Visual Novel which apparently requires all endings

#LEARNWITHME: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (Ultra Challenge) - Takes place during the Industrial Revolution, with DLC containing Charles Darwin and Jack the Ripper

#GETREADYWITHME: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes (Ultra Challenge) - Has one trophy for acquiring all hats/helmets, which are wearable. I already have that specific trophy, but I do not have platinum yet. 

#SOLVEWITHME: Heavy Rain (Ultra Challenge) - I’m told this has detective elements. Hoping I enjoy it

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:  Goosebumps the game - Pretty self explanatory. Based on the hit book series which later spawned a show (which I loved as a kid) as well as two movies. I’ve seen Harry Potter games count and since it technically started as a book series as well, I believe this should count. 

#BONDWITHME: LEGO Indiana Jones 2 (Ultra Challenge) - “Don’t call me junior!” Getting to deal with Indiana Jones as well as his father and son. Played this on the Wii as a kid and have been meaning to get platinum for awhile

#WORKOUTWITHME: Wolfenstein: The New Order - All that running and gunning requires a lot of PT, and so I think this should count

#FIGHTWITHME: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Ultra Challenge) - The use of a combo system for special moves I think justifies this pick

#TRAVELWITHME: Need for Speed Rivals (Ultra Challenge) - A vast open world ranging from snowy mountains to dry deserts, what more can you ask from an open world game?

#GAMEWITHME: Zombi (Ultra Challenge) - Didn’t see anything directly horror related, so I felt I should throw this in, especially since I’m so close to platinum.
6 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Well, in that case, do you know any games on PS3 that could fit that category?

@Varhur I know it’s an absolutely brutal platinum, but the only game I can think of with cooking elements on PS3 would be the Fallout series (Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas).

Can Wizards Tourney be my CookwithMe Ultra challenge game? 

You have to "cook" potions on one of the minigame. You need to find ingredients and put them on the cauldron

Also the last game "GameWithMe" ultra challenge has to be a ultra from PSN servers or is it from PSNP servers? 

Edited by maiathewinners

oh i didnt realize the start date got pushed up.im going to make a change to travelwithme as im finishing a game tomorrow that fits into that spot

#travelwithme: God of war(2018)

@gruffiiti i see on a few of my games your not sure if its UC.

Readwithme: (utawareumono) it isnt UC to my knowledge but if i happen to be wrong ill let you know

Bondwithme: (dishonored 2) it is UC. you play to play at least one playthough with corvo and emily who have a father-daughter relationship

Fightwithme: (guilty gear) it is UC. purly a fighting game 

travelwithme: yakuza was openworld but now is god of war which is also an open world game

Edited by Ampplaca
  • Like 1

On 16/4/2020 at 3:53 AM, Rune_Crys said:

I got the inspiration for this event from a Youtube channel called #STAYHOME (link to the intro video for the channel in the title) where people make videos telling viewers how they can enjoy a sedentary lifestyle which people are being to adopt due to the Corona Virus pandemic. Unless you have had your head in the sand like an ostrich for the past two months, you know how the US government has ordered everyone in business to stay home and not interact with people physically due to a deadly pandemic which has started claiming a lot of lives, usually old people and babies who cannot fight off the COVID-19 virus. This Youtube channel is encouraging people to STAY HOME and entertain yourself with home activities, with many categories involving various activities you can do, like clean your house, cook, watch a marathon of movies or garden.

They also have a video game category but it's mostly the new Animal Crossing game that came out. So this event is going to try to get you to try new games and earn platinums in them, because let's face it, if you lurk on this forum, you are obviously interested in earning platinums and now you have all the time in the universe to do so. But to commemorate the people who made this channel, I want you guys to play games which revolve around the themes of the channel. So let's get to the rules!

But before we do, @Kristycism has created a Tracking Spreadsheet to help me keep track of participants. If you want to check your list or lists of other people, you can go there and check it out. Thanks to her for creating the spreadsheet! ;)

EDIT: I have lifted the hard cap number for people who want to join since Kristycism has made a spreadsheet, but I am closing sign-ups on May 1 when the event starts so if you want to be scored and rewarded with a shiny new badge for your siggie, you need to declare your intent to participate before then. However, you are free to unofficially participate and post progress on your games(but be aware that it will bloat the thread if you do so as I am encouraging official participants to post their progress too). I have also edited the scoring a bit to make it easier to understand.

EDIT 2: I have moved Telltale games to the #WATCH category from the #READ category. However, if you do platinum a Telltale game for both READ and WATCH, they can't be different versions of the same game(you can't put the Vita version of The Walking Dead for READ and the PS4 version for WATCH) - both games have to be unique.

EDIT 3: Changed the start-up date.

[...]

Hi!! I'd really love to sign up if it's still possible, unfortunately I only saw this post today! Here goes the list (I'll try to get the platinum badge, we'll see if it will become reality), every game SHOULD be eligible for the Ultra challenge if I did not make any mistake (not a native English-speaker so I may have missed something):

#COOKWITHME: The Sims 4 (PS4)

#DANCESINGWITHME: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3) - there's also a trophy tied to the dancing minigame

#CRAFTWITHME: Control (PS4)

#HANGOUTWITHME: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)

#READWITHME: Zero Time Dilemma (PS4)

#LEARNWITHME: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

#GETREADYWITHME: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

#SOLVEWITHME: Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (PS4)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH: Late Shift (PS4)

#BONDWITHME: Brothers - a tale of two sons (PS3)

#WORKOUTWITHME: Batman Arkham VR (PSVR)

#FIGHTWITHME: Guacamelee! (PS3)

#TRAVELWITHME: Borderlands (PS4)

#GAMEWITHME: Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

I hope I got everything right! I'll make any adjustment asap ;)

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
  • Like 1

#Cookwithme: Overcooked 2

#dance/singwithme: Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight

#craftwithme: The Last of Us

#hangoutwithme: Persona 4 Golden

#Readwithme: Goosebumps The Game

#learnwithme: Fifty Words by POWGI

#Getreadywithme: Sonic Forces

#solvewithme: Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc

#watchwithme: The Walking Dead Season 1

#bondWithme: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

#workoutwithme: Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality

#fightwithme: Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

#travelwithme: Persona 5

#gamewithme: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Edited by MegaMLGMaster20
  • Like 1

#CookwithMe: Overcooked 2

#Dance/SingWithMe: Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight

#CraftWithMe: The Last of Us

#HangoutWithMe: Persona 5 Royal

#ReadWithMe: Goosebumps The Game

#LearnWithMe: Crossovers by POWGI

#GetReadyWithMe: ReadySet Heroes

#SolveWithMe: Danganronpa 1.2 Reload

#WatchWithMe: The Walking Dead Season 1

#BondWithMe: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

#WorkoutWithMe: Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality

#FightWithMe: Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

#TravelWithMe: Yakuza 5

#GameWithMe: Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Like 2

Well I finished my list. 

For CraftWithMe I will change RE Revelation 2 for Resident Evil 3 counting for Ultra Challenge, there's a trophy that requires crafting an item. 

For ReadWithMe Ultra Challenge I will go with Steins:Gate

Finally for CookwithMe Ultra challenge I will pick Wizards Tourney because it has a cooking minigame where you need to find ingredients and put them on the cauldron. 

Wow, I am getting a lot of posts during crunch time. I had to crunch somewhat too to finish my list. :(

28 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

For CraftWithMe I will change RE Revelation 2 for Resident Evil 3 counting for Ultra Challenge, there's a trophy that requires crafting an item. 

For ReadWithMe Ultra Challenge I will go with Steins:Gate

Finally for CookwithMe Ultra challenge I will pick Wizards Tourney because it has a cooking minigame where you need to find ingredients and put them on the cauldron. 

Okay fine, that's good. I am going to just say that for COOK if it involving something similar to heating ingredients in a device, then it counts as cooking. I don't want to have to answer a ton of questions. Also, Varhur...

6 hours ago, Varhur said:

@Rune_Crys Why couldn't you tell me that LEGO LoTR was a bad choice earlier and not one day before event starts :P

Yeah, I am so sorry. I haven't been on the forums lately so I apologize if you got disappointed that I axed that option. I just don't want a ton of people to cop out. There has to be some effort in this or the Ultra Challenge wouldn't be... Ultra. :S Skyrim is fine for COOK as I know there is cooking involved. I played that game briefly, didn't take to it, but I hope you have fun.

4 hours ago, Adras_Nightmare said:

Hi!! I'd really love to sign up if it's still possible, unfortunately I only saw this post today!

Sorry, I didn't expect people to miss this event but if you want to sign in now, that's fine. The sign-ups won't close until May 15, so anyone who just saw this post is still eligible to join, you just won't have as much freedom swapping games once free game swaps are locked out but if you have a good list, then you're good. And you're pretty good with your list, @Adras_Nightmare so welcome to the thread! Can't wait to hear your stories with FFVII remake! ^_^

Also, I didn't see the shadow snipe by @MegaMLGMaster20 and @LRFGod19! Welcome to the thread! I will be adding new names for these new people.

12 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

I was actually waiting for next wednesday for PS to announce their free games for May to finalize my list.

Uhm geez... seriously? Well, I don't want to be a pushover but...

Okay fine, I'll allow people to wait until May 1 to finalize their lists to take advantage of PS+'s May deals, I might have to refinalize my list later anyways. :(

Speaking of my list, I finally finalized it.

COOK: Kingdom Hearts 3 (U)
 DANCE: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (U)
 CRAFT: Dragon Quest Builders (U)
 HANGOUT: Dreams (U) - only because there are multiplayer trophies on it and they aren't proactive, you are sharing your creations with other people and don't interact
 READ: A Winter's Daydream (N)
 GETREADY: Dragon Quest XI (N)
 SOLVE: Pic-A-Pix Classic 2 (U)
 LEARN:  Trials of Mana (U) - returned this to the list because there are trophies for learning all of a character's skills, so it sort of counts as a skill tree mastery
 WATCH: Ratchet and Clank (2016) (N)
 BOND: Modern Tales: Age of Invention (N)
 WORKOUT: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (N)
 FIGHT: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (N)
 TRAVEL: Dragon Quest Builders 2 (U)
 GAME: Dark Cloud 2 (U)

Unfortunately most of these are on PS4 so I won't be able to spend much time with some of the longer titles as I only have one PS4. The only ones not on PS4 are Dragon Quest Builders(which I will play the Vita version; while I have the PS4 version and earned a few trophies there I am going to earn the rest of my trophies on the Vita version as my Vita is sadly lacking), a Winter's Daydream(will get that done easily) and Pic-A-Pix Classic 2(since it was the Vita version).

Well... less than six hours in my time zone before we begin. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to hear your progress. For the record, I don't care if it's too short. I am not asking for six paragraph summaries(like what I would do in my trophy checklist if I didn't censor myself, I tend to ramble xD), just give progress when you get milestones in your games and give your thoughts. I'll be doing that with spoiler tags for games like Trials of Mana and Dragon Quest Builders 2.

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 2

Golden Week sale is here :D So anyone needing a rhythm game check out Persona, all 3 games for $22

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/23/save-up-to-50-with-playstation-stores-big-in-japan-sale/

So can I please have my DanceWithMe plat switched from Tv Superstars to Persona 4: Dancing All Night and then CookWithMe switched from Sims 4 to TV Superstars as I don't think Sims actually has you cooking(just a trophy for being good at cooking).

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Going to need a judges ruling I think for some of these...my goal is to only do hardcore since there is no time limit or anything. I'm trying not to look too much into the games I'm going to play so if you feel they don't qualify, I have no problem finding something else...the only games that definitely need a home this event are the four Mass Effect games. That series is my main goal for this event...the rest is up in the air.

#COOKWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which has you do a cooking mini-game or in which you have to put some effort into the cooking.
  • The Long Dark: It's a survival game in the woods...I'm assuming there's some kind of cooking mini-game that would qualify

#DANCESINGWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game with a dancing or rhythm minigame in it or a rhythm game
  • Beat Saber: It's the only game on my list I don't own yet and is the most likely to be changed if I see I have a game I already own that could qualify

#CRAFTWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which has a trophy requiring you to craft
  • Mass Effect 3: A quick look at the trophy list looks like you need to modify/craft/upgrade your weapon, but this one is a shot in the dark...no idea if this counts here.

#HANGOUTWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game with at least one multiplayer trophy
  • Mass Effect Andromeda: A quick look at the trophy list shows there is a multiplayer trophy

#READWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a visual novel which requires you to watch every ending for a trophy.
  • Steins; Gate: I don't know anything about this game other than I think it's a visual novel and there appeared to be multiple endings

#LEARNWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which has a skill tree a nd a trophy requiring you to max out the skill tree.
  • The Witcher III: Big reason for some of these games on my list is the lack of a time limit...I'm assuming there's a skill tree in this game but not really sure

#GETREADYWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which gives you a trophy for unlocking every alternate outfit.
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake: Pre-ordered this game in 2016 I believe...needless to say I've been looking forward to this for a long time. You need to collect all the dresses for a trophy.

#SOLVEWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which requires you to do nothing but solve puzzles
  • Energy Balance: Probably the only 'garbage' game I'll end up playing...but I bought it a year and a half ago for the spelling bee event when I needed an E and ended up playing something else instead. Since I paid for it I should play it and now is as good a time as any :)

#STAYHOMEANDWATCH:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a very difficult sports game (must be at least 5/10 on the Playstationtrophies.org difficulty rating or PSNProfiles.com guides site)
  • Everybody's Golf: 8/10 according to the trophy guide and I've heard this game is a lot of fun so looking forward to it!

#BONDWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game where one or more of the family members of the cast are playable characters
  • Detroit: Become Human: This is a total shot in the dark...the other Quantic Dream games I played involved family members so I'm hoping this does...but this could be totally wrong lol

#WORKOUTWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum any PSVR title
  • DriveClub VR: It's in the title!

#FIGHTWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a fighting game; beat-em-up games or games which have fighting-game style combat mechanics.
  • Mass Effect 2: I think it's FPS ish...but appears to have several different kinds of combat mechanics so again throwing up a hailmary here.

#TRAVELWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game which has an open world mechanic
  • Mass Effect: I think this takes place in an open world environment...but I really don't know.

#GAMEWITHME:

• Ultra Challenge: Platinum a game with an Ultra Rare Platinum
  • Ash of God: Redemption: I know absolutely nothing about this game except that it looks like The Banner Saga, seems to be a TBS game that is my favorite genre and is currently UR...only 74 owners of this game on the site and 2 platinum winners...so this should be fun :)

So feel free to tell me I'm way off base and where I need to change up! If everything is Kosher....in the words of Billy Bob from Varsity Blues..."Lets ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL"

Edited by Briste