Would you play a game for the platinum

Yandeyu

I feel like I have answered this question in another thread before  :hmm:

I buy a game for the fun of it first, then if the platinum is possible I will continue for the plat.

The only exception to this statement for me was the Bleach game.  One of my friends let me borrow it and bet that I couldn't get the plat.  Had to prove him wrong  ^_^

The only game I played strictly for the platinum and not for enjoyment was Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. Usually I have a pretty good sense for picking out games I know I'll enjoy and try to plat every one I play, but this one game was the one rare exception where I made a mistake. I blame the fact that I'm a fan of the show was what blinded me into thinking the game would be good. I ended up platting it because I can't stand having a game with a low completion percentage on my trophy profile.

I have and I will. 

Trine 2 for example. It's a beautiful and high quality game but I just wasn't into it. had there not been a Platinum I would have stopped playing when I decided it wasn't for me.

InFAMOUS 1 & 2. I had no interest in doing an evil playthrough. Being a good guy was all I wanted to do. I played them both to get the trophies but my gaming experience would have been satisfying and complete had only done the good playthroughs.

What I won't do is buy a game that sucks or has holds no interest for me simply to get a platinum.  

hmm in my opinion i could platinum a game i dont like if its fairly easy to do. For example i platted saints row 4 it isnt the best game ever but its really easy too plat. But if its a game i really hate (cod, BF or any other generic game) i wouldnt do it. But im one of those people that dont care if a have a game with 3% completion rate on my trophy card.

I know what game I'm gonna pick out next, and even if I don't know what the game is going to be like, I'll usually like it. Like Mafia II, I thought it was another GTA offshoot but it was pretty good apart from collectibles. If I don't like the game, I'll still go for it if it has less than 50-60 hours Platinum ETA.

My issue as of late, is I have a very odd taste in games depending on Mood. For example, I have started and stopped Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us. Most people think it's odd I can just stop at the beginning of a game and switch focus, but it's actually very easy. Maybe mild ADD helps? My point being, I can be as excited to play a stupid budget game as I am for the next AAA title.

Ill go back to Last of Us and Bioshock soon, but I'm also looking forward to seeing how terrible games like Ride to Hell: Retribution are. They're all games, and I dig em all.

I'm on the fence about this, mainly because I've started games before that I really didn't enjoy to begin with (Borderlands) and because of my desire to get platinum, it made me give the game a fair chance & I ended up going on to love it & it's one of my favourite games on my trophy list that I've played.

I wouldn't get games that I know I wouldn't enjoy just for the Platinum (e.g. Hannah Montana,Terminator Salvation) and equally I wouldn't let a difficult platinum stop me from playing a game I loved