kidson2004

Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath

66 posts in this topic

Wow. I just recently tweet to Ed to make a story expansion with more characters etc like a week or 2 ago. This is shocking.. its really happening. Im sold!!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

£35-40 is expensive for a DLC expansion? Full games cost that much

Edited by Good_Sir_Matt_II
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Good Sir. Way too pricey for 3 new characters (one not even being a mortal kombat character) and probably a new story that's only a few hours long.

 

The free update almost feels better if you think about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 5/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

£35-40 is expensive for a DLC expansion. Full games cost that much

Not to also mention that the pricing also doesn't make any sense. Why would the expansion by itself be $40 and only $10 more with kombat pack 2, but somehow still $60 all together? It's really fucking over people who bought the game at launch.

Yes, yes I know, game prices drop when complete editions come out, but how is the DLCs worth around $5 (base is $49.99) and then sold individual at $40?

Edited by BestUsername----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna wait until a sale for the new DLC. And there’s no DLC trophies so that’s a plus. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

I’m gonna wait until a sale for the new DLC. And there’s no DLC trophies so that’s a plus. 

I guess there will be trophies, but who knows

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 8:28 PM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

£35-40 is expensive for a DLC expansion? Full games cost that much

 

I'll wait for a price drop before getting this

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the price that puts me off. 

 

If the story mode is significant, then I guess it's not too bad, or even if the stuff that's free (stage fatalities, new stages, friendships) was a part of the package, but a few extra story chapters and three characters for £15 less than the whole game was when it came out is a bit silly. And, tbh, the free stuff sounds more exciting to me personally than the paid content.

 

I'll still get it because I'm a completionist (and a bit of a mug), but I'll wait on word of how much story there is before I decide on whether to wait for a sale or not.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm most excited for the Robocop character.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its Sunday and most times trophy list come out. I see nothing on aftermath so, looks like no trophies thats a relief!  Cause did not want to buy just for some trophies so saving money here :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Its Sunday and most times trophy list come out. I see nothing on aftermath so, looks like no trophies thats a relief!  Cause did not want to buy just for some trophies so saving money here :) 

 

What would make you think that? We're still two days out from release.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

 

What would make you think that? We're still two days out from release.

I could be wrong .. but most times these lists come out on Sunday. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I could be wrong .. but most times these lists come out on Sunday. 

Not always, sometimes it's not until the patch that adds the dlc support that reveals the new trophies drops.

Edited by Snake2410
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Not always, sometimes it's not until the patch that adds the dlc support that reveals the new trophies drops.

As I said I could be wrong .. but I remember on mk x the dlc was 2 or 3 days before release date. Cause I remember I look on my ps app and saw it! I was like damnit lol 😂 but this time have not seen it yet :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Its Sunday and most times trophy list come out. I see nothing on aftermath so, looks like no trophies thats a relief!  Cause did not want to buy just for some trophies so saving money here :) 

COD dlc trophies list usually come out on release date, so you never know...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

COD dlc trophies list usually come out on release date, so you never know...

True .. so hoping nothing shows up ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

True .. so hoping nothing shows up ;)

And if they do I'm hoping they're easy and don't require online competitive stuff. 

 

I had to use two copies of the game on two ps4's to get the MKX dlc ranked trophies.  It kept connecting me to the same 2 people and they were far better than I ever was.  Luckily I was able to match up with my dummy account in ranked and get them that way.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

And if they do I'm hoping they're easy and don't require online competitive stuff. 

 

I had to use two copies of the game on two ps4's to get the MKX dlc ranked trophies.  It kept connecting me to the same 2 people and they were far better than I ever was.  Luckily I was able to match up with my dummy account in ranked and get them that way.

Nice! lol Never thought of that one .  But I have a feeling there going to be do a friendship, do a fatal in new stage and so on .. If we do get one! Still hoping its a no thou :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Nice! lol Never thought of that one .  But I have a feeling there going to be do a friendship, do a fatal in new stage and so on .. If we do get one! Still hoping its a no thou :)

I managed to get a copy of the XL edition for $15 a year or so after it released, otherwise I wasn't going to bother with X's dlc trophies.

 

If they do add trophies I'm hoping it's like Injustice 2's Legendary upgrade and it's just 9 character specific trophies that can be done in local, plus one or two for dlc story completion.  Either way I'm excited to play as RoboCop, even if in the long run he ends up sucking or something.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I managed to get a copy of the XL edition for $15 a year or so after it released, otherwise I wasn't going to bother with X's dlc trophies.

 

If they do add trophies I'm hoping it's like Injustice 2's Legendary upgrade and it's just 9 character specific trophies that can be done in local, plus one or two for dlc story completion.  Either way I'm excited to play as RoboCop, even if in the long run he ends up sucking or something.

Yeah, Im playing it right now lol Just in case they add trophies LOL 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Nice! lol Never thought of that one .  But I have a feeling there going to be do a friendship, do a fatal in new stage and so on .. If we do get one! Still hoping its a no thou :)

 

I'd imagine that if there are trophies, then while Stage Fatalities, Friendships etc. would be factored in to the trophies I think those trophies would also have to feature an element of the paid DLC (so that people can't get friendship trophies without also getting the paid side of the DLC) - so a stage fatality would have to be done with one of the DLC characters, or it will ask for a specific DLC characters' friendship.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

£35-40 is expensive for a DLC expansion? Full games cost that much

Individual characters cost £4.99 and this comes with three, so technically you are paying £20 for a story expansion, which actually isn't that bad when you take into account the price of the characters. Though I do think they should just offer people the ability to buy the story part only and the characters separate.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havok_Knight said:

Individual characters cost £4.99 and this comes with three, so technically you are paying £20 for a story expansion, which actually isn't that bad when you take into account the price of the characters. Though I do think they should just offer people the ability to buy the story part only and the characters separate.

You also have 3 skin packs with it, which is another $5.99 each.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, aftermath is out now and there are no trophies I see add so ... I think they will do what they have been doing release the game of the year or whatever Ed. With everything!!! Then I believe we will see a new trophy list

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.