Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath

kidson2004

Wow. I just recently tweet to Ed to make a story expansion with more characters etc like a week or 2 ago. This is shocking.. its really happening. Im sold!!

On 5/6/2020 at 1:28 PM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

£35-40 is expensive for a DLC expansion. Full games cost that much

Not to also mention that the pricing also doesn't make any sense. Why would the expansion by itself be $40 and only $10 more with kombat pack 2, but somehow still $60 all together? It's really fucking over people who bought the game at launch.

Yes, yes I know, game prices drop when complete editions come out, but how is the DLCs worth around $5 (base is $49.99) and then sold individual at $40?

Edited by BestUsername----

It's the price that puts me off. 

If the story mode is significant, then I guess it's not too bad, or even if the stuff that's free (stage fatalities, new stages, friendships) was a part of the package, but a few extra story chapters and three characters for £15 less than the whole game was when it came out is a bit silly. And, tbh, the free stuff sounds more exciting to me personally than the paid content.

I'll still get it because I'm a completionist (and a bit of a mug), but I'll wait on word of how much story there is before I decide on whether to wait for a sale or not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Its Sunday and most times trophy list come out. I see nothing on aftermath so, looks like no trophies thats a relief!  Cause did not want to buy just for some trophies so saving money here :) 

What would make you think that? We're still two days out from release.

33 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I could be wrong .. but most times these lists come out on Sunday. 

Not always, sometimes it's not until the patch that adds the dlc support that reveals the new trophies drops.

Edited by Snake2410

5 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Not always, sometimes it's not until the patch that adds the dlc support that reveals the new trophies drops.

As I said I could be wrong .. but I remember on mk x the dlc was 2 or 3 days before release date. Cause I remember I look on my ps app and saw it! I was like damnit lol ? but this time have not seen it yet :)

11 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Its Sunday and most times trophy list come out. I see nothing on aftermath so, looks like no trophies thats a relief!  Cause did not want to buy just for some trophies so saving money here :) 

COD dlc trophies list usually come out on release date, so you never know...

12 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

True .. so hoping nothing shows up ;)

And if they do I'm hoping they're easy and don't require online competitive stuff. 

I had to use two copies of the game on two ps4's to get the MKX dlc ranked trophies.  It kept connecting me to the same 2 people and they were far better than I ever was.  Luckily I was able to match up with my dummy account in ranked and get them that way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

And if they do I'm hoping they're easy and don't require online competitive stuff. 

I had to use two copies of the game on two ps4's to get the MKX dlc ranked trophies.  It kept connecting me to the same 2 people and they were far better than I ever was.  Luckily I was able to match up with my dummy account in ranked and get them that way.

Nice! lol Never thought of that one .  But I have a feeling there going to be do a friendship, do a fatal in new stage and so on .. If we do get one! Still hoping its a no thou :)

15 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Nice! lol Never thought of that one .  But I have a feeling there going to be do a friendship, do a fatal in new stage and so on .. If we do get one! Still hoping its a no thou :)

I managed to get a copy of the XL edition for $15 a year or so after it released, otherwise I wasn't going to bother with X's dlc trophies.

If they do add trophies I'm hoping it's like Injustice 2's Legendary upgrade and it's just 9 character specific trophies that can be done in local, plus one or two for dlc story completion.  Either way I'm excited to play as RoboCop, even if in the long run he ends up sucking or something.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I managed to get a copy of the XL edition for $15 a year or so after it released, otherwise I wasn't going to bother with X's dlc trophies.

If they do add trophies I'm hoping it's like Injustice 2's Legendary upgrade and it's just 9 character specific trophies that can be done in local, plus one or two for dlc story completion.  Either way I'm excited to play as RoboCop, even if in the long run he ends up sucking or something.

Yeah, Im playing it right now lol Just in case they add trophies LOL 

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I'd imagine that if there are trophies, then while Stage Fatalities, Friendships etc. would be factored in to the trophies I think those trophies would also have to feature an element of the paid DLC (so that people can't get friendship trophies without also getting the paid side of the DLC) - so a stage fatality would have to be done with one of the DLC characters, or it will ask for a specific DLC characters' friendship.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

£35-40 is expensive for a DLC expansion? Full games cost that much

Individual characters cost £4.99 and this comes with three, so technically you are paying £20 for a story expansion, which actually isn't that bad when you take into account the price of the characters. Though I do think they should just offer people the ability to buy the story part only and the characters separate.

1 minute ago, Havok_Knight said:

Individual characters cost £4.99 and this comes with three, so technically you are paying £20 for a story expansion, which actually isn't that bad when you take into account the price of the characters. Though I do think they should just offer people the ability to buy the story part only and the characters separate.

You also have 3 skin packs with it, which is another $5.99 each.