Got the Platinum a few days ago, have a few tips to share

SublimeHawk

I adored Death Stranding, played it on a backup not focusing on trophies (still got 65% from just playing the game). The post-game grind is what is putting me off. 70 hours sure seems more palatable than 100-150, though...

Main thing I find confusing is the zipline advise from various sources. This helps provide some clarity on this though, so thank you. I'm primarily an XB1 player but may do a 'bigger' project as a final goodbye before next-gen, or if I end up getting furloughed (not saying I won't play XB1 or PS4 anymore, but obvioulsy much less). I might make it Death Stranding.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Platinumed in 84 hours.

Like people said, the best piece of advice is obviously to take time to invest in a Zip line network that will cover every single station. I never wasted Chiral bandwidth with any other construction. Zip lines also allow to avoid BTs and Mule while i got attacked several times on a repaired road.

It was a huge pain to deploy Ziplines in the mountains of Central region but in the end, it's worth it considering you will have to use them hundreds of times to complete all the Premium orders and max out all facilities.

As for gunfights, Bola gun + Armor Plate lv4 is the best combination. And when you use the bola gun but you couldn't do a headshot, dont forget to kick the mules while they are down or they will recover after a couple of minutes. I got surprised the first time i thought i "cleared" a mule camp.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2020 at 8:10 PM, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Platinumed in 84 hours.

Like people said, the best piece of advice is obviously to take time to invest in a Zip line network that will cover every single station. I never wasted Chiral bandwidth with any other construction. Zip lines also allow to avoid BTs and Mule while i got attacked several times on a repaired road.

72 hours here (didn't skip any cutscene, except for - obviously - repeat animation ones).

- I can also vouch for only ever creating zip-lines. There are plenty of online structures and if you're stuck you can always create a generator etc. and immediately de-construct it. I never really had a bandwidth issue at any point during my completion this way.  

- Create your zipline en route to everything during the story after Episode 5 starts. When you hit the orange/blue chiral connectivity border, backtrack once you've gotten the facility back online. It'll be really worth it, trust me. By the end of the story I had all but 4-5 preppers linked up, and I just had to worry about some preppers during Episode 3 as I didn't backtrack to them). 

- Build all roads (Route 23 at end of Chapter 5, Route 41 at end of Chapter 8)  It takes 4-5 hours. Makes connecting the hubs in central an absolute doddle with massive orders, meaning you get yet more bandwidth well as grinding for Level 60. I got lucky and only had to rebuild 2/3 of Route 23 and 3/4 of Route 41. By waiting until the end of these episodes, your hubs should have tons of resources. 

- Never had an issue with gunfights, even on hard. Lv. 3 assault rifle with non-lethal rounds was the only precaution I ever took. Plated armour helps. 

• Like 1

If it wasn't mentioned already, I would also like to add that checking your mail for specfic facilities such as the first prepper, novelist son, veteran porter, would save you a lot of heartache since their star progression would stop until you check their corresponding mails. If you don't receive any mail, head to your oyr private room and at some point you would start receiving them... I learn the hard way sadly ?

• Like 2

For the out of the way preppers... grab every lost cargo you see for them. Everything. It soon adds up and saves you a ton of time.

Ziplines are your go-to for the mountainous region. Special Alloy practically exists solely to repair them. Sprinkle in a little chiral on top and you can quickly and efficiently restore them with little effort.
Roads are great for huge deliveries  that require  the truck to do.

Watchtowers are largely worthless, but you can use the ones other players have built to check the area quickly for memory chips.

Don't be like me and ignore the emails- read them whenever they pop up after you've rested.

Chapter 8 atm, and have done a huge chunk of the prepper maxing out. Want to get as  much as that done as possible right now, since I know you get taken to  another area not long after where I am now.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

Not. Sure how people are doing it this quick, I played for almost 80 hours and still need a lot of time for Dearly Beloved and Great Deliverer 

The top fastest achievers did it in just over a day, about 30 hours, no sleep and insane organization skills I'd say.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

The top fastest achievers did it in just over a day, about 30 hours, no sleep and insane organization skills I'd say.  

haha

definitely should've been more organized. I guess it's better to max every facility as you progress 

6 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

haha

definitely should've been more organized. I guess it's better to max every facility as you progress 

I'm not knocking you it took me over 100 hours.  I wasn't trying to speed run the thing and I didn't even realize about the stupid hidden places I had to get into the network like the prepper and such.  I literally had only like one or two of them unlocked until the last few days.  I chose to play this game 100% guide free up until the collectibles.  So it took more time than it should have.  While i'm not accusing anybody of any wrong doing, I really would like some insight to how people finish this game in less than two days.  The previous fastest achiever who somehow managed to do Days Gone and Death stranding on the same day both in under a day was removed I see.  LMAO.  that was two 60 plus hour games, at best, in the same day.  He was a beast.

• Like 3

^ lmao in the same day? wow  

anyway, one of the reasons why this is taking longer than it should:

I've been casually maximizing facilities thinking Great Deliver would come naturally... well wrong, I'm almost done with Best Beloved but delivery time is lagging behind so now I have to deliver big time sensitive orders, meaning I'll go back to delivering to facilities I've already maxed out..

organization skills: 0

my tip, unless you want to take your sweet time with it, don't do it randomly, follow a list, and focus on big orders. also do Great Deliverer before Best Beloved, because that would cut the time as well 

• 4 weeks later...

Man this is a grind! My main problem is that I've built up my zip line network (currently finishing the roads near Mountain Knot City) however I can't find any packages to the Veteran Porter, First Prepper or Novelist's Son. And when i do see them, I'm flying around on my zip lines which are on top of mountain cliffs and I have to go down the mountain to pick them up and climb all the way back to the top just to get back on my zip lines. My other part of the problem is the other players zip line locations. The locations they used are usually behind some rock or something making it useless. At least put them on top of the cliff with view points all around. It's like the game is messing/teasing me on purpose because I'm grinding this out and it's making it harder than it needs to be. At least connect me with some competent players...hahaha

I’ll be making this game my 75th plat...all I need is my 74th plat first lol.

As for miscellaneous orders, I usually just make BTs go away with a Timefall Shelter and pass time. It doesn’t work with all areas, but most of the time it does the trick. It’s way less of a pain than dealing with mules or terrorists. 

Sometimes I come upon weird structures, like redundant bridges and badly placed zip lines. However, the players that put up really good zip lines I make contracts with; this means I can see more of their work in other places!

Edited by FearElemental
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

30 hours?  That's crazy.  The end credits were at least 12 of that ?

One tip I wanted to add, every time you leave a location empty, take resources to upgrade your zip lines to level 2.  You need it for durability and sometimes you even create new cooler paths with online zip lines because you increased the range.

Allowed me to deconstruct a few of my own zip lines, opening up band width.

If you do this routinely, you wont have broken down zip lines by the end.  Took me about 100 hours, but I was nowhere as efficient as I could have been.

Game was so cool.  Very unique experience.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

When is the earliest possibility to start creating zip lines? Seems to be integral to doing this platinum in a reasonable time.

Chapter 5. You can zipline the entire Central area (except the Mountainous one) and go back and 5 star the Eastern region. Keep in mind though that each zipline needs 500 chiral bandwidth so you will have to level up some facilities before being able to build a network

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 28.09.2020 at 4:30 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

How can i check in which categories i have completed Legends of Legends premium deliveries? I have done 4 so far

I know you asked few months ago.. but maybe someone else will use it.

Go to Bridge Link, find yourself (on the top), click X and one of the tabs will show you how many LoLs you have in which category.

• 5 months later...

It took me about 150h, with this being my 20th plat. I was pretty inefficient on the whole, especially with the zipline routes. I think I also lost a lot of time picking up lost cargo/materials. I should really have focused just on the story from the start. Not the hardest of games, but very time consuming. I did enjoy the story, even thought the last portion dragged on a bit.