are you a game hoarder?

stevemiff71

I never sell my old games as I prefer to have a collection then get a small amount of money back from a game that no one plays anymore because it took my two years to finish. It also just looks nice and gives me a collecting hobby I can (mostly) indulge in. 

I did sell a few Xbox games that I figured I'd never play/had dups of. Maybe I shouldn't have sold off that Halo steelbook...oh well!

I have only ever traded in a bunch of PS2 games (think it was around 15 titles). I still have every other game I have ever bought for every system I still own. I did sell a Dreamcast and around 5 games to a mate when I needed some cash. I still have at least 5 boxes of old Spectrum cassettes, some of which I have had for over 25 years. I also have games for the Gameboy, DS, N-Gage :blush: , PS1, PS2 and of course over 100 discs of PS3 games.

I hoard games too got around 150 ps3 games about 100 disc games and around 50 download games hell i still have my ps2, ps1 and my n64 around 50 games for ps2 and still have goldeneye 007 and vigilante 8 for the n64

I would probably sell them as a bundle for the right price if i could find a buyer but i can't lol

• Like 1

Yes I prefer the term 'collector'.

But I've sold all my PS1/PS2 games to fund PS3 ones.

As for my PS3 games I've sold a couple of them but always bought them back again a few months later, so now I've learned to do more research before I buy and I've kept all my games since. I've currently got 43 physical games and some old PS1 games I've purchased on the PSN store.

I do intend to keep my PS3 and all the games well into the future so that I can go back and collect the trophies. Although I don't know how I'll go about getting the online trophies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well yesterday I decided to sort through my games I decided to trade some of my games that were collecting dust under my bed, I checked the trade in prices at cex then took 60 games to local game store they price matched cex and I got £397 for games I would never played again so I paid for my new ps4 with cash left over to go towards a ps4 game!

I used to trade my games in but, realized how little I was really getting for them. It's a shame the trade-in value is so terrible. I'd have to count them to be sure but, i'm sitting on roughly 100 games for PS3. I couldn't count the number of older system games that I have; most of the older collection consists of NES, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, some Sega Genesis, and I think I even have a Action Max console boxed up somewhere :lol:

I keep all games and I don't trade. I love my games so I have a list of all the games I own, everytime I buy a new game I write it on the note and once a month I check that all games are still in my room (I check if there are the disc and the manual in every single game). 

Maybe I'm just a bit maniac, but it's true love for my babies :D

I used to trade my games in but, realized how little I was really getting for them. It's a shame the trade-in value is so terrible. I'd have to count them to be sure but, i'm sitting on roughly 100 games for PS3. I couldn't count the number of older system games that I have; most of the older collection consists of NES, SNES, N64, PS, PS2, some Sega Genesis, and I think I even have a Action Max console boxed up somewhere :lol:

I use to sell games on ps2, never sold a ps3 game but you are right about how terrible the trade in system is. You'll be lucky to get half of what you paid for the game and then they'll sell it used for almost double what they gave you