ps5 controller looks like a xbox controller. and i hate it

melodicmizery

I need to hold it to know for sure, but the only thing I'm worried about is the ergonomics of it. I thought the DS4 was near perfection...it's the most comfortable controller I've ever used...so I find it hard to believe changing it in any way is going to be overly positive. 

I don't really think it looks like an Xbox controller. It still looks like a PlayStation controller. The real test is when you find out how aerodynamic it is when you get upset and throw it across the room. But, like everyone else, I need to hold it and use it to see what I think about it. I definitely can't wait for this thing to come out.

It looks wonderful. Haven’t ever been excited by a controller but this really seems to be the pinnacle. Just wish it wasn’t going to be held back by the Xbox’s conservative “dead” controller.

On 13/07/2020 at 9:52 PM, Gamehelp said:

Not a fan of the ravines on the side of the touchbar (where the led shines through), just looks like a nice spot for dirt and dust and god knows what else to get stuck in.

Hide contents

BIvYCGu.png

I too hope the DS4 will be compatible with the PS5, can for sure see the bulkiness and the comparisons between this and the xbox controllers, probably has something to do with the grips not being separated from the buttons - it's just all 1 smooth wide surface, not to mention the depth of the controller, maybe sony is trying to attract microsofts customers with this design?  that's the only thing I can really think of..  but I mean if the DS4 will be supported with full functionality then there is at least an alternative to those that don't like the new design (me)

Well, it can’t be supported with full functionality as the DS4 doesn’t have adaptive triggers and haptics. For that I’ll put up with a bit of dust in grooves.

2 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

From that picture everything is of the same proportions and placement other than the “arms” are longer and the touchpad larger.

Pretty much, those were exactly my expectations, some thought it would be as big as an Xbox controller

• 2 weeks later...