Do non stackable difficulty trophies bother you?

xzero4812

:hmm: nope. it doesn't bother me.  don't mind at all

You average over 8 trophies a day and you're saying you wouldn't mind grinding another 6-10 hours for a trophy for beating a game on easy that you should've already gotten by beating a game on the hardest level?

Does not compute. . .

Maybe its a question of time availability. I have a job where I work at least 50 hours a week so my playtime (average daily trophies are only 4.77 per day) is limited. Last think I want to do is burn 6-10 hours playing something I already played, which is why I always play on the hardest difficulty to start with.

It's the classic playing for fun vs. playing for trophies argument.  Bullstomp won't buy a game if the difficulty trophies don't stack, his choice, nothing wrong with it.  Personally, I don't even really look at a trophy list before buying a game very often.  If I want to play a game I'm gonna, regardless of the trophy list. 

As for your question, no, it doesn't bother me.  If I don't want to play a game through more than once then I won't. If I enjoy it enough then I will.  Letting trophies dictate what I play doesn't interest me at all.

• Like 4

You average over 8 trophies a day and you're saying you wouldn't mind grinding another 6-10 hours for a trophy for beating a game on easy that you should've already gotten by beating a game on the hardest level?

Does not compute. . .

Maybe its a question of time availability. I have a job where I work at least 50 hours a week so my playtime (average daily trophies are only 4.77 per day) is limited. Last think I want to do is burn 6-10 hours playing something I already played, which is why I always play on the hardest difficulty to start with.

i've only played one game that had difficulty trophies that didn't stack and it was a game i enjoyed. If it wasn't a game i enjoyed my opinion might be different on this. :P

Edited by shawn

Does not compute. . .

My super limited game time (45 hours a week working, 2 children and a wife that doesn't like video games) is a big part of why I don't care.  When I actually do get a chance to play a game it's going to be, above all else, something I want to play, regardless of the trophy list.

• Like 1

Depends on the game I suppose, Shadows of the Damned didn't stack but the game was fun so I didn't mind. Of course it's more enjoyable if you have a new game+ mode. It would never put me off buying a game though, if it bothers you that much just don't go for the platinum, or come back to it at a later time.

• Like 2

Yea it bothers me.  Here is a what-if example that can probably counter any person who says otherwise...

Before I get harassed for using this game, I would like to say I have heard great reviews, plan on buying this game, and will probably at least try to plat it.

Ok, here is my what if...

What if Last of Us was non stackable?  Like I said, I already know that it is a really good (maybe the best this year???) game.  However, would you play the game eight times just to get the platinum?  I highly doubt it...but maybe some of you would.  :dunno:

Yea it bothers me.  Here is a what-if example that can probably counter any person who says otherwise...

Before I get harassed for using this game, I would like to say I have heard great reviews, plan on buying this game, and will probably at least try to plat it.

Ok, here is my what if...

What if Last of Us was non stackable?  Like I said, I already know that it is a really good (maybe the best this year???) game.  However, would you play the game eight times just to get the platinum?  I highly doubt it...but maybe some of you would.  :dunno:

To further that, if they weren't stackable would that stop you from playing the game all together? 

Personally, I couldn't care less about trophies and as such I couldn't care less whether or not difficulty trophies stack either. If the game is good I will play it regardless of the trophy requirements and enjoy the hell out of it. To me, trophies are the icing on the cake. I enjoy earning trophies but they do not dictate how or what I play.

Parker

• Like 1

It wouldn't bother me at all. The reason being is simple: games are meant for fun, and I would never blow off a game that I would enjoy just because of some trophy list. Or, I would just make an alternate account if trophies really dictated my gaming habits.

Edit: Didn't read Parker's post prior to submitting; similar thoughts.

Edited by iMilkCarton
  • Like 1