How rough is it getting 70 gold medals?

12 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Should I wait to the end to replay and how rough is it in general?

Since release they patched it to allow more items in mission replay. It’s not terribly hard-you can just abuse deadeye to get the headshots and accuracy objectives. 

1 minute ago, karaman1025 said:

It is fairly easy since you don't have to do all requirements in one try. But it is time consuming...

Is this also a part of the patch/update that changed the number of items, etc during mission replay? Because originally, everything had to be done in one shot.

To OP: My understanding is that replay is a perfectly viable option to do the gold missions (and there are obviously ones that are significantly easier than others). 

The old way would have been easier to keep an early save (like ch2/early ch 3) and play off that (using replay for early missions) and getting gold on the story missions from there on out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khain24 said:

Is this also a part of the patch/update that changed the number of items, etc during mission replay? Because originally, everything had to be done in one shot.

To OP: My understanding is that replay is a perfectly viable option to do the gold missions (and there are obviously ones that are significantly easier than others). 

The old way would have been easier to keep an early save (like ch2/early ch 3) and play off that (using replay for early missions) and getting gold on the story missions from there on out.

sorry I thing it was in gta 5 that you did not have to do it in one shot. my bad

I personally struggled with it. I took a break and plan to go back to it. It is the last difficult trophy for me to finish the game. I was thinking it would be a nice game to finish for my 175th platinum. If they patched it then that is great. If they did not, then you will want to do it as you complete the story so you can have access to all your upgraded weapons and horses. 

My only advice: stay away from missions with time limit requirements. 
Rest is easy if you watch a youtube guide for each mission and read the comment section for some good advices.

the problem with time limit mission is that sometimes the timing is really hard to achieve, sometimes you can’t do it if you watch cutscenes, sometimes you can’t do it if you don’t watch cutscenes, sometimes you have to skip one cutscene but watch the rest... its a mess. 

• Like 2

I got it before the update made it easier and even though I did them without replays and I had my stuff some were damn near impossible. I did however get gold on every single mission, not just 70 so I would say there are enough easier ones for it to be a bit better.

i did it on xbox 1x. at launch and it was pretty bad, and hard as in replay you were the same level the developers would imagine you'd be if you just hammered the story up to that point, and you had no items whatsoever. certain missions, like breaking the dickhead out of jail and shooting your way through town was impossible on replay so in the end i saved before each mission and spent anywhere up to 5 hrs practicing each one on my first run through, amazing game but insane gameplay.

if it's easier now and you get more dead eye and health meters / tobaccos for dead eye return then no problem.

12 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

What do you guys think about those damn tiny birds and studying them? Any tips? They suck!

If the everyone is right and they added more items in replay for the missions, then that makes your life a hell of a lot easier with replays. I had to redo the whole damn story cause you didn't have items in replay when I did it.

The birds are just a pain. Unless they patched something to make that easier too, you just gotta barrel through it.

4 hours ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

If the everyone is right and they added more items in replay for the missions, then that makes your life a hell of a lot easier with replays. I had to redo the whole damn story cause you didn't have items in replay when I did it.

The birds are just a pain. Unless they patched something to make that easier too, you just gotta barrel through it.

Did you use a reliable guide? We’re they difficult to see for you?

95% of the animals have a reliable spawn point. Birds can generally be found at rivers. If you study / kill things as you encounter them, this might take an extra day to finish off. The real grind is shooting perfect bird specimens for “It’s Art.”

Edited by B1rvine

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Did you use a reliable guide? We’re they difficult to see for you?

I think back then I used a mixture of guides. I mainly used PowerPyx, but if I couldn't find a specific animal on their map I would look it up on youtube and them use a random person's video as a map. But yes, for a majority I used PowerPyx and they were usually spot on.

As the person above me said, a vast majority of animals have a specific spawn. I think the birds were the last ones I had to do though because studying them was tricky since they always flew away from me. 

Edited by ChunkyKong64

Let me elaborate. If I have studied and skinned everything before New Austin opens up, is most of the work finished? I have also done 4 out of 5 of the hunting requests and I am almost finished with the exotics. Is the work to get 70 gold significantly less in comparison to the grinding I’ve already done?

On 7/24/2020 at 0:13 PM, VoidVictorious said:

Let me elaborate. If I have studied and skinned everything before New Austin opens up, is most of the work finished? I have also done 4 out of 5 of the hunting requests and I am almost finished with the exotics. Is the work to get 70 gold significantly less in comparison to the grinding I’ve already done?

Yes, there are only ~15-20 animals that are exclusive to skin and study in New Austin. A few birds took some luck (damn owls and rio turkey). Do the exotics before you get to epilogue, or a least the current step. Hunting requests when and where you can, but again don't go into the epilogue with a partially fulfilled request or exotic set. The medals guide I used was https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A-KDkbLHjXM3aRYcidsHNF9MqgObj08RJkcAwgNp990/edit?ouid=115112967549370358311&usp=sheets_home&ths=true and it lists everything (some spoiler); following this guide I had 70 golds trophy before I got the New Jerusalem trophy. 

On 7/29/2020 at 10:36 PM, Catalyst_lndigo said:

Yes, there are only ~15-20 animals that are exclusive to skin and study in New Austin. A few birds took some luck (damn owls and rio turkey). Do the exotics before you get to epilogue, or a least the current step. Hunting requests when and where you can, but again don't go into the epilogue with a partially fulfilled request or exotic set. The medals guide I used was https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A-KDkbLHjXM3aRYcidsHNF9MqgObj08RJkcAwgNp990/edit?ouid=115112967549370358311&usp=sheets_home&ths=true and it lists everything (some spoiler); following this guide I had 70 golds trophy before I got the New Jerusalem trophy. 

It’s okay to have items for the final hunting request in my satchel though right? She hasn’t sent it since she is on “vacation.”

So do all requirements still need to be met in 1 run with the new patch or can you tick off some, redo the mission and focus on the others you missed? I think in RDR1 you could do some tick them off and focus on others, not that I can do this until I buy a new PS4 anyway, can’t even run RDR2 for 15 mins without getting a notification saying my Pro is too hot, my heat sync paste is completely gone, have to wait for another 100gb install yay

4 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

So do all requirements still need to be met in 1 run with the new patch or can you tick off some, redo the mission and focus on the others you missed? I think in RDR1 you could do some tick them off and focus on others, not that I can do this until I buy a new PS4 anyway, can’t even run RDR2 for 15 mins without getting a notification saying my Pro is too hot, my heat sync paste is completely gone, have to wait for another 100gb install yay

You have to do them all in one go.  

"No health items" also means no retries from checkpoints 

• Like 1