Grand Theft Auto V General Discussion

Parker

Well, I started off getting into the story. You can't really do much in the beginning anyways, so you kind of have to. And I'm talking about after you play the Prologue.

I still haven't gone on a good rampage like I'd like to yet. I want guns and ammo before I do. These cops are NOT what they used to be. In my personal opinion, they're actually quite annoying. I've never been so vigilant about making sure I don't have a single star before. :/

I don't know about you guys, but when I get toe-to-toe with the cops in GTAV, they're forever following me.

In short: I get One star, and it's like I have the entire police force after me. And the cool off period? It's excessively long.

Absolutely shocked with Trevor's first mission/cutscene, I was completely caught off guard, like wow.

[s

Is it me, or does that not seem to be the same guy we once knew from GTA IV: TLaD?

He just seems so... weak.

I've played about 5-6 hours so far and I can say this is my favorite GTA since Vice City, which is (might soon be "was") my personal favorite GTA. The gameplay is smooth and tight, the gunplay feels the best it has ever been and very similar to Max Payne 3, the car controls feel much, much better than GTA IV and everything just looks amazing. GTA IV looked dreary and drab but GTA V is extremely colorful and just beautiful to look at. The characters are the best in the series too, in my opinion. The missions are nothing out of the ordinary but the heists (I've only done one so far) are absolutely awesome and a fantastic addition to the series, in my opinion. 

So, does it live up to the hype? It is hard to say. For me I was hoping this would be the game that brought GTA back towards its roots and it has done exactly that. The story missions and characters have the charm the older games had while still having a mature side, there are planes to fly, cars to customize, guns to buy and customize and property to buy and do missions for. So for me personally, yeah, it lived up to the hype. If you hyping it up to be absolutely revolutionary in every way you might be disappointed but the fact is, this is one damn fun game. 

Parker

Awesome, I'm gonna wait till it's cheaper because it's $85 here.

I was originally worried about the "plan your own heists" Rockstar was talking about but damn they are fun. You don't have a whole lot of freedom but it is cool to have different choices and set up for them. This game just keeps getting better and better. 

Parker

I'm still wondering about the heist thing beause the game initially started talking about how you crew gains exp by taking them on heists but besides that first one there really hasn't been an option to pick your own crew so I'm wondering if maybe that comes later in the game or something.  Currently have finished 42/69 main missions.

I'm a bit dissapointed with the radio stations. The track selection for what's there is good but it's just a lot less than I was expecting. There's no jazz station, no classical, only one talk radio station. I also haven't heard a lot of hilarious commercials like in GTA4, I've heard a couple only. I don't know if more stations get unlocked later in the game but for now it honestly feels like there's less radio content than in GTA4 which is dissapointing for a game that was billed as being bigger than the last three combined. (I am loving The Downlow tho and J.B. Smoove on the talk station)

Also is it just me or is there a different person voiclng Lazlow in this game? Something's off about him and he's not as funny as before.

Other than that I'm pretty much loving the game. It's super fun and I ended up playing for around 10 hours yesterday.

*edit* Well looks like there is actually a second talk radio station, one that's only available in Blain County.

Edited by lporiginalg

I'm a bit dissapointed with the radio stations. The track selection for what's there is good but it's just a lot less than I was expecting. There's no jazz station, no classical, only one talk radio station. I also haven't heard a lot of hilarious commercials like in GTA4, I've heard a couple only. I don't know if more stations get unlocked later in the game but for now it honestly feels like there's less radio content than in GTA4 which is dissapointing for a game that was billed as being bigger than the last three combined. (I am loving The Downlow tho and J.B. Smoove on the talk station)

Also is it just me or is there a different person voiclng Lazlow in this game? Something's off about him and he's not as funny as before.

Other than that I'm pretty much loving the game. It's super fun and I ended up playing for around 10 hours yesterday.

I was really disappointed with that too. I love Jazz and really miss that station from GTA IV and the Classic Rock station is sorely lacking too, with an overabundance of awful 80's songs. That being said I love the country station "Rebel Radio" because I am a fan of real country like Jerry Reed, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson and they have all of them. No talk radio show will be as good as Chatterbox or VCPR though, in my opinion. 

Parker

Jut finished the main story and I must say that Rockstar did an amazing job and I really can't wait for the mp to come out.  Anyways I plan to start a new playthrough in  the morning and take my time to fully explore the world.

Damn, beat the story already? How many hours do you think the story took you if you had to guess?

Parker

Well apparently someone has the platinum for this already which is impossible because online isn't even up yet so they hacked it, someone who is premium report it, they should show up on recent players atm I have a screenshot if needed

Edited by little-miss-sb

So this is something awesome that I noticed, slight story spoiler:

So there a part where if Trevor or Michael enter Los Santos some henchmen will track you down and try and kill you, so while one of them was chasing me I called the cops, cops came and whenever the police were near, the henchmen wouldn't shoot me but only give me the middle finger and verbal abuse xD

So this is something awesome that I noticed, slight story spoiler:

So there a part where if Trevor or Michael enter Los Santos some henchmen will track you down and try and kill you, so while one of them was chasing me I called the cops, cops came and whenever the police were near, the henchmen wouldn't shoot me but only give me the middle finger and verbal abuse xD

That is awesome and really shows the work Rockstar out in with this game. Some of the things that may seem simple bring an incredible amount of realism in this game and make it much more believable than any other open world game.

Parker 

The thing I love is that your choices don't block you from playing the other coiche, like in heists it's good to choose a way to do it and then go to replay mision and replay the mission you didn't do, I'm at 69% now, and I can garantee that this game will be played even after I have all the trophies :P

I haven't even tried any of the other things the game has to offer like tennis, golf and all that jazz because I've been so engrossed in the story, but I think the next time I have the chance to play I'll be exploring all the other things that game has to offer. I've heard the "mini" games are actually quite extensive and very fun. 

Parker

Hi, if someone could please help me with this I would be so grateful!

So i went of to do the main missions and at 1 point i had to give lamar like 50 dollars or something, but that made me go to -22$

After that i did a couple of missions, still had -22$

Then I did the big score and got 26 million, I STILL HAVE -22$

It says on my account that there is added 26 million but i cannot get it,

I cant do anything at atm's, I cant do anything on the site, I cant purchase anything

If someone can please help me with this!!