Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

3 minutes ago, OakenHowl said:

This trophy relies far too much on pure crazy luck and circumstance.  

Why not just change it to "Win 50 episodes / Reach max fame in three separate seasons" or something. It'll prolong the life of the game for a lot of people while simultaneously allowing the platinum trophy to become obtainable to more people than just 2,363 people (at the time of this writing), most of which used the exploit that was in the early patches of the game.

2363 people isn't that little. For example, Wolfenstein 2's Mein Leben trophy has only 840 achievers (adding up the regular and the German version). Also, for "reach max fame in three separate seasons", what when they stop making new seasons a few years down the line? 

7 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

2363 people isn't that little. For example, Wolfenstein 2's Mein Leben trophy has only 840 achievers (adding up the regular and the German version). Also, for "reach max fame in three separate seasons", what when they stop making new seasons a few years down the line? 

2363 people out of the 179,439 people who own the game on this website make it out to 0.01%. Let that process.

Only 0.01% of the people that use this website have this dumb trophy. Simply comparing it to a game that has half of the player base isn't a fair comparison.

Also, this is purely a multiplayer game. The trophies will become unobtainable at some point no matter what.

11 minutes ago, OakenHowl said:

2363 people out of the 179,439 people who own the game on this website make it out to 0.01%. Let that process.

Only 0.01% of the people that use this website have this dumb trophy. Simply comparing it to a game that has half of the player base isn't a fair comparison.

Also, this is purely a multiplayer game. The trophies will become unobtainable at some point no matter what.

Well, it's currently at 1.55% rarity, but OK. And, if playerbase matters, let's take GTA V's Masterminds trophy then. 2097 people out of the 1 million total players have it.

And sure, the trophies will become unobtainable after some time, but, the way it is now, you have the entire lifespan of the game to do it (and they're already adding easier ways to do it). In the other case, you don't.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Well, it's currently at 1.55% rarity, but OK. And, if playerbase matters, let's take GTA V's Masterminds trophy then. 2097 people out of the 1 million total players have it.

And sure, the trophies will become unobtainable after some time, but, the way it is now, you have the entire lifespan of the game to do it (and they're already adding easier ways to do it). In the other case, you don't.

I still don't think we should be fine with ridiculous trophies just because there are other ridiculous trophies out there. Just my opinion.

Most of the people who earned it did with the exploit.  They are also the ones most vocal against changing it lol.

I agree devs can put in whatever difficulty they want (as long as they are not bugged).  

But that in the neighborhood of 90% seemed to earn Infallible via the exploit (still difficult and time-consuming), this plat will forever be in question.  I don’t think they should change the requirements after the fact though.

8 minutes ago, djb5f said:

this plat will forever be in question

Meh. This game is but one platinum in a sea of thousands. If it hasn't been on Plus this would have been more of a whimper than the multitudes of dramatic posting it has attracted.

Let the people who will spend the time to identify this game on someones profile out of the dozens or hundreds throw their accusations that someone used a glitch, while never having proof. Seems like a waste of energy under any circumstance.

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Meh. This game is but one platinum in a sea of thousands. If it hasn't been on Plus this would have been more of a whimper than the multitudes of dramatic posting it has attracted.

Let the people who will spend the time to identify this game on someones profile out of the dozens or hundreds throw their accusations that someone used a glitch, while never having proof. Seems like a waste of energy under any circumstance.

Oh I don’t care about anyone’s profile but my own (and that only to a certain extent).  But those who played Fall Guys know the true story of the plat.  Nothing more.

From my experience I don't think the trophy is hard, but there are 2 things make it extremly hard.

1- the "mountain" race final, this one is just impossible...

2- Team games. Everytime I got a team game, I ALWAYS end up in the losing team. Of course this makes me question myself about my teamwork skills, but if it weren't for these, the game would be, so much easier.

Still enjoying the game, with the new "sets" of games it's getting easier.

EDIT: Of course I just wrote that so I just won the Fall Mountain final. But still, I keep my word on it. It's the hardest of them all.

Edited by Kuroko-Kuroroko

22 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Why not? It is the developers game, they should do whatever they want with trophies.

This is simply not true, they have to follow SONY guidelines or else "one click platinums" whould be a thing on PSN

Back to the thread i don't  understand why some "gamers" are so anal against changing this trophy to make it more doable. I mean its not the first time that a trophy change its requirements, the last one i remenber is LIS: before the storm

32 minutes ago, Chingon_Player said:

This is simply not true, they have to follow SONY guidelines or else "one click platinums" whould be a thing on PSN

I was speaking in the on-topic context of this thread and never advocated for whatever you’re making up. 

Clearly the developers already followed Sony’s trophy guidelines since their game has already been released and their trophies passed whatever guidelines existed. 

1 hour ago, Chingon_Player said:

Back to the thread i don't  understand why some "gamers" are so anal against changing this trophy to make it more doable. I mean its not the first time that a trophy change its requirements, the last one i remenber is LIS: before the storm

Everyone knows trophies can have their requirements changed. The problem is that, in this case, there's no reason to - it's perfectly functional. Changing this to make it easier would just open the floodgates for everyone to whine once there's a hard trophy in any game whatsoever.

In Before the Storm's case, there was an oversight which didn't allow you to get the plat unless you purchased the Deluxe edition of the game. That's why it was changed.

14 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

Just wait for Among Us to come to PS4/PS5 and require you to win 5 consecutive games as an imposter.

This could be boosted pretty easily. Set up private server, fill lobby with boosters, then change to public if you can't get trophies in private.

6 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

This could be boosted pretty easily. Set up private server, fill lobby with boosters, then change to public if you can't get trophies in private.

I see. I guess I’m forgetting that particular game is intended to be arranged with friends, not random batches of public entrants.

On 11.1.2021 at 3:24 AM, djb5f said:

Most of the people who earned it did with the exploit.  They are also the ones most vocal against changing it lol.

I agree devs can put in whatever difficulty they want (as long as they are not bugged).  

But that in the neighborhood of 90% seemed to earn Infallible via the exploit (still difficult and time-consuming), this plat will forever be in question.  I don’t think they should change the requirements after the fact though.

We have 47 achievers only on psnprofiles this year (13 days). Really much I think. There will be hundreds more at the end of the year. Doable? Yes! 

The Exploit was removed on September 2020. 

So many players did it without. It's no excuse anymore to point on that damn exploit, which was removed month ago. 

And well, I tried it with the exploit and did not get Infallible. At this time I was just to bad. 

I kept playing and in the end I got infallible legit without the exploit. 

Even with the exploit, it was hard af. So don't blame any player who used it. 

• Like 3

I

15 minutes ago, sn4pper92 said:

We have 47 achievers only on psnprofiles this year (13 days). Really much I think. There will be hundreds more at the end of the year. Doable? Yes! 

The Exploit was removed on September 2020. 

So many players did it without. It's no excuse anymore to point on that damn exploit, which was removed month ago. 

And well, I tried it with the exploit and did not get Infallible. At this time I was just to bad. 

I kept playing and in the end I got infallible legit without the exploit. 

Even with the exploit, it was hard af. So don't blame any player who used it. 

I knew one person who did it legit at the beginning but other than that and my self included, everyone used the exploit. It was still damn hard but I have to say GG for the 47 achievers who got it this year. Impressive that they got it somehow and beat the bad chances of randomness, bad luck, not having luck and the skill of many player by now

• Like 1

I'd just like to throw some maths out there. Assuming an even playing field in terms of skill and likelihood of victory, there is a 1/(60^5) chance of winning five games in a row. That is equivalent to 1 in 777,600,000. To earn the trophy legit, you must overcome those odds.

Edited by ryanofx92
Poor wording

25 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

I'd just like to throw some maths out there. Assuming an even playing field in terms of skill and likelihood of victory, there is a 1/(60^5) chance of winning five games in a row. That is equivalent to 1 in 777,600,000. To earn the trophy legit, you must overcome those odds.

Your maths would be right, if every player has the same skill level. 

But it's not like that. 

A good player usually gets at least to the final, if there is a mode without team games. 

You are also able to play in a team. This leads to less opponents and better chances to win. 

Edited by sn4pper92
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

lol thats not math, just rubbish.

You're just assuming a lot of wrong things, and coming up with an irrelevant number.

The playerbase is not equally good in any game, and since they introduced the themed games, it's much easier.

3 rounds of hexagone repeated is so much easier, than playing 4-5 rounds of luck based team games and so on.

• Like 1