See saw event is just bad

CritterK

It seems broken or something and "working together" really? It's a battle royale?

I've been seeing the hate for the team based games but I don't mind them well I haven't actually played much of the game because of the stupid see saw event!

Idk if they make it broken on purpose but some of the ramps just stay tilted and I've seen people having to wait. The level is too long and there's too many ramp sections and waiting also when you actually qualify you're waiting for like 5-10 minutes because of how long and hard it is! They should fix it

One of my favs to be honest

1 minute ago, gazdavis11 said:

i’d also bet my mortgage not once have you waited 10 minutes to finish a round after qualifying. 10 mins lol ? 

I waited about 20 seconds after winning and thought i was billy big bollocks. They must have faced some slow arsed people

3 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

What a load of nonsense, the ramps stay tilted when most people are on one end compared to the other.

i’d also bet my mortgage not once have you waited 10 minutes to finish a round after qualifying. 10 mins lol 1f602.png 

Nope, literally no one was standing on the end of the platform and yeah I waited for maybe 5 minutes idk I only played it 3 times 

I don't mind this mini game. I always qualify when playing this. Just using the jump dive tactic towards the center usually works as long as you don't try it when the see-saw is tilted to high and you should be fine. I won this mini game many times and yes i have waited several minutes for the game to finish because a lot of players struggle on this event.

D00M3D_UK_.png

I love see saw. It can be so funny. The tilts are all just down to if you are with the crowd or not so not really a fault. I still think the team games are most unfair (like being eliminated if you have a tail but your team still came last sucks because there’s nothing else you can do to help your team if you already have a tail). But see saw and all the races games are among my favourites. 
Edit: actually I agree that it may be slightly too long. Maybe one set of ramps less. 

Edited by wolvieware

On 15.08.2020 at 2:14 PM, djb5f said:

This event is all about starting position.

Front row and you fly through unscathed.  Fourth row and you are screwed!  

I had at least two runs that I fall 3 times in a row from first see-saw and still able to qualify as 20-25. IMHO it's more about technique and thinking 1 step ahead.

I used to hate it, because whether or not my fall guy would stay on his feet seemed like the crappiest RNG. Then I learned that if you dive parallel to the seesaws you stand a much better chance of staying on it. Since then it's pretty much been an auto qualify for me regardless of my starting position.

3 hours ago, Iacobus19 said:

I had at least two runs that I fall 3 times in a row from first see-saw and still able to qualify as 20-25. IMHO it's more about technique and thinking 1 step ahead.

oh, you can still qualify as there are a lot of people who have no idea what they are doing.  But it takes so much longer to finish (and of course you have not shot at finishing first).

I have never not qualified on See Saw, love this event!  Actually, I'd say I qualify on at least 95% of races, but I lose at Hex a Gone too often.  I know how to play it and I know the tricks to cut people off and prepare pits for people above me, but I still never seem to win that one and I get it almost all the time as a final event.

There is this part when the main path branches into two separate paths connected by a single seesaw. It's straight up broken. If there are too many players on the other path, they will just keep hopping onto the seesaw, tilting it extremely hard and making it impossible for you to make a jump. What's worse, after you choose one of the paths you get a checkpoint, so you cant even jump down to respawn earlier and switch sides. Sorry for my bad englando, place i'm talking about can be seen here at 0:25:

On 8/14/2020 at 7:19 PM, CritterK said:

It seems broken or something and "working together" really? It's a battle royale?

I've been seeing the hate for the team based games but I don't mind them well I haven't actually played much of the game because of the stupid see saw event!

Idk if they make it broken on purpose but some of the ramps just stay tilted and I've seen people having to wait. The level is too long and there's too many ramp sections and waiting also when you actually qualify you're waiting for like 5-10 minutes because of how long and hard it is! They should fix it

Use the dive button. My first couple of times at it, I didn't know about the dive button and kept ragdolling off the ramps. You won't ragdoll if you use dive (you may ragdoll if you collide with another player in the air, but you wont ragdoll from hitting the ramp). After my first couple of failed attempts back when I was level 1-3, I have never been eliminated from See Saw since. I am now level 39, working my way to level 40.

Also, it's not 5-10 minutes. It's 3 minutes TOTAL. So even if you finished it in less than 1 second (obviously impossible lol), you'd only be waiting for 3 minutes. It is a hidden timer. I know this, because sometimes the hidden timer runs out and not everyone qualifies (reaches the qualification number). So for example, if the qualification number is 0/41, I've seen the timer run out with only 37/41 people qualifying. When i first started noticing this, I started keeping a timer at the start of the level. Again, it's 3 minutes total for the entire level.

hope this helps :)

Edit: One more thing... as far as 'waiting for the ramps'.... turn back and go to the other side of the ramp. I know which ramp you're talking about (the one that does it the most), it's one of the purple ones. Also, dont get stuck being the one that tilts the ramps for other players to advance while you get stuck behind on the ramp (if you know what I mean...it's hard to explain this one).

Edited by Fish613