What is the last movie you have watched in a theater?

kratosgreatsword

1 hour ago, talespagni said:

I'd like to take the opportunity and ask everybody: how is the experience nowadays going to the movies for you?

I find it increasingly annoying: people simply can't stop talking during the movie, looking at their cell phones, taking pictures, etc.

I used to love going to the movies, I used to go watch something 2/3 times per month.

Not anymore.

For me usually I go weeks after the movie has been released so it's usually pretty empty and I don't see or hear any of that usually. 

When I do go closer to release, I don't see a lot of it during the movie, occasionally though throughout. Some chatter, but nothing extraordinary. (probably a big different story on weekend nights at release day)

Just mostly when we're waiting for the movie to start which is totally fine with me, better than dead ass quiet. Cellphones don't bother me as long as no ones talking and the phone is on silent 

For me it was Avengers: Endgame (the same day it premiered), yes, long ago. 

I hate when ppl keep talking during the film, with their phones, and commenting the damn film, yisus just wait till it ends. That's the reason why I stopped going to the theatres and just go when I really wanna enjoy the film with the theatre's atmosphere. 

The rest of the movies, we watch them in streaming services or buy them. 

• Like 1

Tenet, which I saw about a week ago. This was in a small and not-very-full cinema. No one coughing behind me, fortunately.

The film itself was fine. I went in predicting that I wouldn't understand everything, and I wasn't proven wrong. That said, it wasn't compelling enough for me to watch a second time.

8 hours ago, talespagni said:

I think it was "Avengers: Endgame", I don't really remember if I saw something else after that.

I'd like to take the opportunity and ask everybody: how is the experience nowadays going to the movies for you?

I find it increasingly annoying: people simply can't stop talking during the movie, looking at their cell phones, taking pictures, etc.

I used to love going to the movies, I used to go watch something 2/3 times per month.

Not anymore.

id say i would agree that going to movies is like a place to hangout nowadays, i almost never go alone anymore and always expect that there will be distractions. Earlier i used to go about once a month but now its more like once every 3 months or so

7 hours ago, Alderriz said:

I rarely see something like this in Russia. Most people try not to bother others. They can be a little loud before the movie starts, talk, laugh, maybe take some selfies with friends, that kind of normal stuff. But when the trailers start rolling, 99% of audience goes quiet and hides their phones. Once in a while you'll see an asshole who checks their phone. Only once in my entire life have I seen a guy filming the screen with his phone. 

Also people here don't react very loudly to what's happening on the screen. I've seen a video of people reacting during an Avengers Endgame screening in the US (I believe it was in LA, to be more specific). They were cheering and shouting and clapping in the middle of the movie. I didn't even know people could be so loud in a movie theater. In Russia, you'll hear people laugh at jokes and gasp at jump scares, but nothing more than that really. It could probably be cool to experience this level of energy, though. But only once, and only if I'm watching the movie a second time and already know what happens. Wouldn't want to sit with such crowd often. 

Thats great! i used to think people giving loud reactions to scenes ( especially those iconic ones like Cap picking up Thor’s hammer) and recording them to upload to video sharing sites has become a norm lately lol

6 hours ago, Puppeter04 said:

For me it was Avengers: Endgame (the same day it premiered), yes, long ago. 

I hate when ppl keep talking during the film, with their phones, and commenting the damn film, yisus just wait till it ends. That's the reason why I stopped going to the theatres and just go when I really wanna enjoy the film with the theatre's atmosphere. 

The rest of the movies, we watch them in streaming services or buy them. 

do u buy blu rays of movies to collect them or just digitally?

6 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Hmmm

Probably Stat Wars episode VIII

Don't remember besides that

What a God awful movie to be the last I saw, I'll need to remedy that when the vaccine comes out

haha definitely could have been better 

8 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Birds of Prey, really enjoyed it although everyone and their mother was trashing it, not as good as Shazam but better than Aquaman

yea definitely better than Aquaman

Godzilla King of the Monsters don't remember what was the one before that. Not of a fan of theaters cause people don't know how to PUT THE F**KING PHONE AWAY do they not realize it is a distraction? So I just stopped going or I wait til the movie has been out for a while so I know the theater will be mostly empty.

Edited by Void

8 hours ago, kratosgreatsword said:

do u buy blu rays of movies to collect them or just digitally?

I kinda have a collection, buy not that big. Mostly of my fav directors. Or genres that we really enjoy. Another type of films that we say "hey, let's see that, It seems cool" we just rent it.  Btw, places to rent movies/vg/music are disappearing at least here in Europe, and it's kinda sad :(

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, Puppeter04 said:

I kinda have a collection, buy not that big. Mostly of my fav directors. Or genres that we really enjoy. Another type of films that we say "hey, let's see that, It seems cool" we just rent it.  Btw, places to rent movies/vg/music are disappearing at least here in Europe, and it's kinda sad :(

awesome! yeah renting outlets no longer exist.

14 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Last one was Peninsula (train to busan 2). Tomorrow will see Tenet.

A lot of great movies delayed this year. pretty disappointing

cool , heard tenet is awesome

• Like 1

On 10/09/2020 at 4:20 AM, Alderriz said:

I rarely see something like this in Russia. Most people try not to bother others. They can be a little loud before the movie starts, talk, laugh, maybe take some selfies with friends, that kind of normal stuff. But when the trailers start rolling, 99% of audience goes quiet and hides their phones. Once in a while you'll see an asshole who checks their phone. Only once in my entire life have I seen a guy filming the screen with his phone. 

Also people here don't react very loudly to what's happening on the screen. I've seen a video of people reacting during an Avengers Endgame screening in the US (I believe it was in LA, to be more specific). They were cheering and shouting and clapping in the middle of the movie. I didn't even know people could be so loud in a movie theater. In Russia, you'll hear people laugh at jokes and gasp at jump scares, but nothing more than that really. It could probably be cool to experience this level of energy, though. But only once, and only if I'm watching the movie a second time and already know what happens. Wouldn't want to sit with such crowd often. 

Oh man, I saw that Endgame video as well and it was painful. I wonder if it's always like that in the US? That would drive me insane and I would much rather stay home. Here in Australia it's pretty good, same as what you mentioned about Russia. People are well mannered and keep quiet, don't look at phones etc. Every now and then you might get someone who is rude but it's not the norm.

Back on topic, the last movie I saw in the Cinema was Tenet a few weeks ago. The last movie I saw in the cinema before the pandemic was Richard Jewell.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I wonder if it's always like that in the US?

No, it's not always like that in the US. It depends on which theater and which days/times you go.

The closest theater to my house has seats that are reserved when you purchase your ticket, giant recliners that are positioned so you can barely see down your own row and tall enough not to see the people in front of you and it's the same price as the other theaters.

If you go to some of the other theaters (the three others closest to me) on a Friday or Saturday night, most weekends when there are gigantic crowds of people, you might get the rudeness mentioned above, but the last time I remember a movie experience that was bad, but not as bad as described above was when Iron Man came out. I have yet to have a similar experience although in recent years I haven't been to the theater very often.

• Like 2

The last movie before Co-vid everything shutdown was Bloodspot. My brother and I saw that movie because we knew the theaters was probably be closed the next week because of Co-vid.

i did see Tenet last week. I have been going to the theater since it has been reopen about over a month ago.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 1:58 PM, kratosgreatsword said:

oh , really loved skyfall. I watch a lot of series too. which one is your favorite ?

I’d probably go with Breaking Bad overall. I’ve yet to watch The Sopranos/The Wire so it could change in the near future. Adding to that, the most re-watchable series for me has to be Peep Show. I don’t think I could ever get sick of it!

Edited by GraniteSnake
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

I’d probably go with Breaking Bad overall. I’ve yet to watch The Sopranos/The Wire so it could change in the near future. Adding to that, the most re-watchable series for me has to be Peep Show. I don’t think I could ever get sick of it!

yeah breaking bad’s pretty great ! never watched Peep Show but sounds like a fun show

14 hours ago, jpfield said:

The last movie before Co-vid everything shutdown was Bloodspot. My brother and I saw that movie because we knew the theaters was probably be closed the next week because of Co-vid.

i did see Tenet last week. I have been going to the theater since it has been reopen about over a month ago.

cool ! i will be watching tenet when i get the chance