Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

11 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

I agree with this! I watched the clips too and triple spin is clearly used. 

You can look at my trophy timestamps if you want. I got all plat relics before finishing the game (and thus, before the trophy for using triple spin.)

It is absolutely doable.

5 hours ago, madbuk said:

You can look at my trophy timestamps if you want. I got all plat relics before finishing the game (and thus, before the trophy for using triple spin.)

It is absolutely doable.

Yes but you were using dash spin cancel or whatever which is faster then triple spin and somewhat harder to pull of, but its great that platinum times can be earned using only the triple spin. 

Edited by Ptirle

I'm replying to this thread because I made a discovery, but it's not really deserving of a new thread because of how useless it is. Or is it?
I haven't even beaten the game yet, so maybe it has potential.
For what it's worth, it helped me bypass a tricky part in a Flashback Tape that I didn't feel like doing. 
I've only tested this glitch in said Flashback Tape, but at least it's good for that! (The tape in question is N. Gin N. Terview.)
I imagine the logic follows in 3D.

You can jump on Nitro boxes and live, but only when they're jumping.

For whichever reason, colliding the player hitbox with the Nitro hitbox isn't instant death. Functionally, yes, but technically, no.
I have video evidence that Nitro jumping can be done consistently.

The only drawback I can think of is that it's harder to do than whatever you're trying to avoid.
Still, where there's bug smoke there's bug fire, so this may point to helpful jank somewhere else in the game.
Other hitboxes may work like this, for example.

If the developers see this, name the Nitro Jump technique after me. Thank you.
And please don't make DLC where you have to do it ten times in a row.

EDIT:
I found something that may be actually be useful.
Such is to say I found someone else finding out that you don't need Wumpas for N Sanely Perfect Relics!

I haven't tested this out myself but this info appears to be properly vetted and collaborated.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/293598-crash-bandicoot-4-its-about-time/79043358

Edited by Shuriken_Shiguru
New Informations
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

I found something that may be actually be useful.
Such is to say I found someone else finding out that you don't need Wumpas for N Sanely Perfect Relics!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but generally the wumpa fruits quantity required to obtain 3 gems, is going simultaneously with the crates quantity in a level, so... if it's required to hit all the boxes in a level without dying, 3 gems for wumpa fruits will come naturally without even focusing on them. 

That is indeed the case! So, something like this isn't game-changing, but it's something.

As noted in the thread I linked, this tip is better for shaving off seconds that could add up to minutes.
You don't have to worry about jumpy boxes or tiptoeing around TNT, you can just blow it all up and go.

• Like 1

It's a step in the right direction. Peace of mind goes a long way.

There are a non-zero amount of people who made it through the whole gauntlet only for the game to brick at the finale.
That's "I'm never playing videogames again" level of rage, so if it truly is fixed, that's wonderful!
The troll may not be any easier to defeat, but at least we know our time and effort won't be utterly annihilated!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

Just tried to get all the boxes on the level Booty Calls. I missed one box at the start of the grind rail (super hidden!) and decided to play the level again just to get all the boxes (esp that one) and I inadvertently got the N Sane relic too! haha...pretty stoked with that!

I spent a lot of time trying to find that one too! Worst thing was that I had gotten all boxes during my inverted run, but the color scheme of some levels can be treacherous.

Crash Bandicoot 4 It’s About Time Update 1.04 Patch Notes

CB4 PS4 patch note:

• Data Changes
  • Addressed crashing issues.
  • Addressed loading screen issues.
  • Added overall gameplay improvements.
  • Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
  • Fixed some audio-related issues.
  • Other under the hood fixes.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but generally the wumpa fruits quantity required to obtain 3 gems, is going simultaneously with the crates quantity in a level, so... if it's required to hit all the boxes in a level without dying, 3 gems for wumpa fruits will come naturally without even focusing on them. 

Your thinking right but if you break too much basket type creates you can actually able to miss it, there is a little chance but still there is because i missed the 3rd gem for wumpas after i got perfect relic in Out for Launch level. I dont know are there any levels that have a chance to missing it but it is not a big deal after getting the perfect relic.

1 hour ago, speedomer said:

Your thinking right but if you break too much basket type creates you can actually able to miss it, there is a little chance but still there is because i missed the 3rd gem for wumpas after i got perfect relic in Out for Launch level. I dont know are there any levels that have a chance to missing it but it is not a big deal after getting the perfect relic.

Sure, definitely it is a value added to this topic - now we all know that to obtain a N.Sanely Perfect Relic, the only two requirements are to collect all the boxes without dying.

1 hour ago, thedarkness91 said:

Just got another N Sane relic inadvertently....this time on Give It A Spin. I know it's a relatively simplistic level but these relics can't be that hard if you can get some of them by accident on some levels??

Can't be that hard? Let me know how many attempts it takes for you to achieve the NPR on each riding level (Bears Repeating, Building Bridges, Crash Landed), Toxic Tunnels and Rush Hour. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Can't be that hard? Let me know how many attempts it takes for you to achieve the NPR on each riding level (Bears Repeating, Building Bridges, Crash Landed), Toxic Tunnels and Rush Hour. 

I'm doing Crash Landed so I can get it out of the way before I continue, and so far 30+ attempts full of failure. The animal riding stages are absolutely awful overall throughout this game.

Edited by RolePlayingPuji
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RolePlayingPuji said:

I'm doing Crash Landed so I can get it out of the way before I continue, and so far 30+ attempts full of failure. The animal riding stages are absolutely awful overall throughout this game.

Totally agree. Riding levels are messed up, I don't know if they even tried them out.

• Like 1

Does anybody know what the tick mark means while it's shown next to a level name in the level stats menu?

I guess it's related to the completion of a level, but in some levels I obtained everything and the tick marks is present, but in some levels it's not.

Please find my two pictures below:

1. https://ibb.co/GWNrZgm

2. https://ibb.co/vqG2D1y

23 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Does anybody know what the tick mark means while it's shown next to a level name in the level stats menu?

I guess it's related to the completion of a level, but in some levels I obtained everything and the tick marks is present, but in some levels it's not.

Please find my two pictures below:

1. https://ibb.co/GWNrZgm

2. https://ibb.co/vqG2D1y

If you complete everything in a level you get a tick mark. (All gems, relics, etc that you can possibly get) The two first levels don't show a tick for whatever reason. I saw that once you complete everything else the first two get a tick. Looks like a little menu glitch. 

3 hours ago, RolePlayingPuji said:

Took me about 20-30 attempts, it was infuriating. Although I did find it easier to play the level in N. Verted mode. The crates stand out more against the pastel filter and are much easier to spot from far in the riding section since a lot of the background textures are almost non-existent. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

If you complete everything in a level you get a tick mark. (All gems, relics, etc that you can possibly get) The two first levels don't show a tick for whatever reason. I saw that once you complete everything else the first two get a tick. Looks like a little menu glitch. 

Thanks for clarifying.

Just beat the game. Its hard and that's what I expected. I will try for the plat but I don't have high hopes.

Only real complaint is that the levels are too long and have too many boxes. That to me makes the time trials and the N.Sanely perfect relics seem harsh.

• Like 3