Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

12 minutes ago, TheGuyWithAnICD said:

Ive Been Playing Crash Ever Since 1996. I’ve Platinumed Crash Bandicoot 1 The Fastest On The Playstation Leaderboards! And Yet This Crash Really Tests Your Skills!

But My Question Is Do You Think They Will Fix The Animal Riding Segments? ?

I doubt it.  I don't know what they could even do to fix it? Maybe give more forgiving hitboxes? But then they'd have to do actual work to adjust them only in the riding sections and not for the tnt/nitro. I haven't even seen anyone mention any changes potentially happening or even acknowledging those sections suck, so I wouldn't be too hopeful. 

1 minute ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Stan, stop saying bullshit, you're already dead, let it go.

What part of "Don't @ me" did you not understand. Sheesh, just accept I'm correct and right about everything and move on!!!!

Excelsior!

• Like 2

I have to say, as of now, I am done with Crash 4. I got about 1/3 of the N. Sanely Perfect relics and I beat every stage and the game but I just feel it's going to take way too long to plat it for its own good. Maybe I will go back to it way in the future but as of now, I enjoyed it and it's not worth the hassle to platinum it

Edited by NOWITSREYNTIME17

31 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I have to say, as of now, I am done with Crash 4. I got about 1/3 of the N. Sanely Perfect relics and I beat every stage and the game but I just feel it's going to take way too long to plat it for its own good. Maybe I will go back to it way in the future but as of now, I enjoyed it and it's not worth the hassle to platinum it

Yes, agree. Good game to play, bad game to complete.

The Completionist clocked in at 126 hours and 30 minutes. (126:33:21, to be precise.)
He was aiming for the developer runs but he quit while he was ahead. Likely because of the reason mentioned in the spoiler below.

I'll summarize his experience because there are game spoilers if you watch it.
The video casually blurts out Crash's full name, amusing references, a colored gem location, a gameplay trophy, a couple ending slides, maybe others.
So, a fair warning to those who want to discover all of that on their own.

(The summary itself is spoiler'd for those who want to watch the review, there are no game spoilers.)

Spoiler

He butters the game hard, but ultimately gives the rating I thought he would: Finish It!
He doesn't mention the usual complaints (long levels, too many boxes, weird hitboxes, etc.)

I would think the time trials are a normal challenge compared to the N. Sanely Perfect relics, but they were his main points of contention.
Especially the developer runs; despite his name and that title literally being his job, he had to give up on those.
The only other time he gave up (that I know of) was Persona 5, where he had to beat the game ten times just to get all of the romantic items.
Now the developer runs have physically injured him. Thankfully, true completion is none of our concern, but yeesh.

3 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

It's absolutely a time sink, but highly dependent on skill. Here's what my file looks like at the moment (there's definitely a few hours of AFK time):

PS_Messages_20201017_222303.jpg

Although compared to some other times I have seen, I'm starting to think I just suck at the game lol

Edited by sepheroithisgod

33 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's absolutely a time sink, but highly dependent on skill. Here's what my file looks like at the moment (there's definitely a few hours of AFK time):

Although compared to some other times I have seen, I'm starting to think I just suck at the game lol

just doesn't seem worth it to get frustrated and not have fun with a game for such a long immense amount of time when I can enjoy myself and tons of games in that time. Maybe sometime in the future I will plat, as of right now I am done

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

What are the 3 You Have Left? I’m Working On Run It Bayou And I legit keep missing the boxes 

7 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

You did the honorable thing and admitted to defeat. Respect to you. 

Too many people here just whine and complain if something is too hard or long until the end of days, or they finally just give up. 

Fall Guys is a perfect example. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

You're so close! Keep going - maybe get the remaining gems first to take a break from the N Sane relics?? 

Not sure on the amount of time played but it'll be a lot. I completed the story and now I'm going back and replaying all the levels again on normal to get all boxes and hidden gems while also doing the same for Nverted mode lol....only up to Mosquito Marsh but racking up the gem count big time - feels awesome to get 4-5 gems in one run (if I can). Then I'll try and do the tape levels if I can unlock them.

Then I'll be doing N Sane relic runs before time trials lol. Too much to do and too little time lol...

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

Too many people here just whine and complain if something is too hard or long until the end of days, or they finally just give up. 

There is definitely something wrong with you mate. Before throwing so dumb comparisons like "you admitted to defeat" or "this game separates men from boys", maybe just buy a fucking game first, boi?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

There is definitely something wrong with you mate. Before throwing so dumb comparisons like "you admitted to defeat" or "this game separates men from boys", maybe just buy a fucking game first, boi?

I've done harder stuff than this game dude. Super Meat Boy, Surgeon Simulator (currently working on) which I still regard as more difficult than Crash Bandicoot 4. Over 100 people already have the platinum and I still regard this game as fairly new, so it's plenty doable.

I can admire someone who can politely admit they can't or won't finish a game due to either lack of time or lack of skill, or both. I imagine if you guys played shit like Far Cry 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 1 you would literally break a blood vessel because those games really made you work your ass off for the platinum trophies.

I see so many people with the same generic trophy lists on their account. I'm happy to see that Crash 4 does provide a good challenge, because there has been a general lack of those games in recent times. It's a nice change a pace to the overly easy AAA games that people just flock to solely because of how easy they are, rather than play them because of the gameplay.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Not really. It isn't comparable at all- Fall Guys is largely luckbased, there's an element of skill you need but to compare it to a game where the impetus is entirely on you to improve is pretty disingenuous.

• Like 2

Just now, Alos88 said:

Not really. It isn't comparable at all- Fall Guys is largely luckbased, there's an element of skill you need but to compare it to a game where the impetus is entirely on you to improve is pretty disingenuous.

Fall Guys is a fairly new game. A number of games from back in 2008 - 2010 when trophies were new required you to do a lot more, as well as the games themselves being genuinely more difficult due to hardware limitations.

This is why I continuously tell people that unless they're determined or they are playing purely for fun, do not play multiplayer only games. Dead Star and Marvel Heroes Omega both proved that multiplayer only games can and will fail, resulting in server shutdown prematurely and having everybody screwed.

9 hours ago, TheGuyWithAnICD said:

What are the 3 You Have Left? I’m Working On Run It Bayou And I legit keep missing the boxes 

Toxic Tunnels, Cortex Castle, and Seeing Double. I went in order after beating the game. If your missing boxes just follow PowerPyx videos.

5 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

You're so close! Keep going - maybe get the remaining gems first to take a break from the N Sane relics?? 

Not sure on the amount of time played but it'll be a lot. I completed the story and now I'm going back and replaying all the levels again on normal to get all boxes and hidden gems while also doing the same for Nverted mode lol....only up to Mosquito Marsh but racking up the gem count big time - feels awesome to get 4-5 gems in one run (if I can). Then I'll try and do the tape levels if I can unlock them.

Then I'll be doing N Sane relic runs before time trials lol. Too much to do and too little time lol...

My usual routine has been, get the N.Sane Perfect Relic, get all N.verted Gems, then Platinum time relic. This is really a game of memorization and hand cramps from the triple spin.

• Like 1

Crash-Bandicoot-4-It-s-About-Time-202010My advice for the N.Sanely Perfect runs: just practice the levels, learn from your mistakes, play safe and try to keep a cool head. It is doable when you really know the levels. The more you play them, the easier it gets.

I've uploaded the hardest levels on my YouTube channel Link

Now I only need to get the platinum time trial relics.. ?

Edited by PETMAN3000
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Pfft, looks like a 1/10. I haven't plahyed it but trust me, it's dead easy.

Don't @ me

@Stan Lee LOL.

Completely unrelated, some dude in the comments section posted "don't @ me", so of course I did. He then explained to me that he wasn't literally saying this, but instead just wanted to say that he didn't want to have discussion. 

Given the lack of sensing irony, I was sure he was German, but nope - the flag was Spain.

3 hours ago, PETMAN3000 said:

Crash-Bandicoot-4-It-s-About-Time-202010My advice for the N.Sanely Perfect runs: just practice the levels, learn from your mistakes, play safe and try to keep a cool head. It is doable when you really know the levels. The more you play them, the easier it gets.

I've uploaded the hardest levels on my YouTube channel Link

Now I only need to get the platinum time trial relics.. ?

Well done mate...really solid effort there and I agree with your advice. I'm only half way through getting the gems but I've found a run through or two on a level and I can then get all the gems no issues. N Sane relics will take a few goes and probably an hour or two for the last few levels but at least parts of the game are looking quite doable.

You doing the time trial relics now or taking a break from the game?

8 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I see this dude all the time in the crash 4 forums and he doesn't even own the game. Says he's gonna get it when a guide comes out ? it's kinda sad. Doesn't want to hurt his game percentage on his profile. But telling people that they admitted defeat is such a pathetic thing. Atleast they played the damn game ? I don't have the game so I have no say in the difficulty but I do plan on getting it when it goes on sale. I expect not to get the platinum but to enjoy the story. I do love going into the these forums and seeing these completionist get butthurt over this game due to it's difficulty. So glad I'm not a completionist anymore. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

Well done mate...really solid effort there and I agree with your advice. I'm only half way through getting the gems but I've found a run through or two on a level and I can then get all the gems no issues. N Sane relics will take a few goes and probably an hour or two for the last few levels but at least parts of the game are looking quite doable.

You doing the time trial relics now or taking a break from the game?

definitely not taking a break ? because I'm so (how should I say?) "in the flow" of the game that i dont want to lose that "flow" / energy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

definitely not taking a break ? because I'm so (how should I say?) "in the flow" of the game that i dont want to lose that "flow" / energy

I know what you mean. If you take a break and play a new game, you come back and have to adjust to the controls again lol. When you're on a roll, you gotta keep going and see how much more you can do. I hope to knock out all the gems before PS5 comes out and then idk...maybe go for relics or NSane relic runs.

Sometimes when I struggle with challenges, I take a break and a day or two or even a week later I can do the challenge within a few attempts. Life works in mysterious ways lol.