Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Crash Bandicoot 4 Update 1.03 Patch Notes

• Added fixes for some crashing.
  • Fixed players reported glitches.
  • Added gameplay optimizations.
  • Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.
  • Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.
  • Other under the hood fixes.

So it did fix a few glitches. Good!

On 11/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, illuminati1556 said:

I wrote in earlier but I wanted to come back to give some personal thoughts. For reference, I've platinumed the other 4 crash games, demons/dark/blood/sekiro, and I put Hollow Knight at my number 1 most difficult because of that damn Pantheon of Hollownest.

I beat about half the game and did 10 time trials. Fun, difficult, but doable. This was all without triple spin. I decided to plow through the rest of the game just to get triple spin because I noticed a lot of stages required it over the slide spin. 

As far as beating the levels, I honestly didn't find the back half bad, except for the final level in the food world. I dunno what happened but I really got stuck at the end.

As far as time trials go, I decided I would shoot for Cortex Castle first.  And well... I just did it! It took a solid 90 minutes, but I did it, and it was worth it. I really think people are overreacting about the difficulty.  It's definitely hard, but if me, a dude in his 30s whos reaction time is only diminishing, can do it, you can too.

What helped me with Cortex, and some others, is watching both platinum and purple time trials on YouTube, and then splicing together the best route. You don't need to use all the difficult shortcuts from the purple relic, but if you use just 1 or 2, it will make the platinum much easier. 

I can't speak to the N. SANELY PERFECT relics yet because I figured the time trials would be my nightmare.  

Best of luck to everyone, YOU'VE GOT THIS!

Honestly you don’t need triple spin. I’ve been doing everything as I go (nsanely perfect, time trial, nverted) before moving onto the next level. I’m currently up to Cortex Castle with plat relics in everything (even got one toys for bob relic, and was half a second off the Toxic Tunnels toys for bob relic)

Since I haven’t finished the game, this was all without triple spin.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Honestly you don’t need triple spin. I’ve been doing everything as I go (nsanely perfect, time trial, nverted) before moving onto the bextblevel. I’m currently up to Cortex Castle with plat relics in everything (even got one toys for bob relic, and was half a second off the Toxic Tunnels toys for bob relic)

Since I haven’t finished the game, this was all without triple spin.

Thanks for sharing. I had wondered if people had achieved any of the platinum relics without using triple spin. I wish they had incorporated running shoes into the game instead of triple spin as it's far more realistic (why would Crash spin to go faster? and anyway he is wearing running sneakers lol).

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, Ptirle said:

Well some people are superhumans and some are not, what you gonna do?

—\(u_u) /—

Superhumans can brag, regulars can cry and moan, that's all there is to it. 

No such things as super humans, there are only ppl who give up and those who dont.

It really is that simple. ?

• Like 3

How ist it possible to reach 28 Seconds in Rude Awakening? xD
And the most of the Platin owners get the 106% Trophy 1-2 Minutes after the "all Platin Reliques" Trophy... 

EDIT: ok not everybody... Some People have a difference of two hours between.

So they get everywhere the Dev Time from the beginning or the 106% is something else... Could it be that the Gold Reliques are required for the 100% and the Platinum Reliques for the 106%...?

Nice day and Happy Crashing

Edited by Leo12Packers

2 minutes ago, Leo12Packers said:

How ist it possible to reach 28 Seconds in Rude Awakening? xD
And the most of the Platin owners get the 106% Trophy 1-2 Minutes after the "all Platin Reliques" Trophy... 
So they get everywhere the Dev Time from the beginning or the 106% is something else... Could it be that the Gold Reliques are required for the 100% and the Platinum Reliques for the 106%...?

Nice day and Happy Crashing

The extra 6% comes from N.Sanely Perfect relics.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PETMAN3000 said:

Is it normal that my % isn't going up? I'm currently trying to get every gem in every level (normal & n.verted) but my % stays at 93 since ~ten levels...

screenshot

My percentages only changed when i finished ALL relics of a type. It is probably normal.

13 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

I think getting all the Platinum Time Trial Relics, N. Sanely Perfect Relics and Flashback Tapes count towards the 6%. 

I got 2% for finishing the flashbacks which is probably the same for all relics (2+2+2 %).

35 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Is not possible play bear section with this hitbox 

Honestly thought it was just me being terrible. Nice to see it isn't. Why is the hitbox so horrendous? Even with the latest patch it's a pain. 

Also I've managed to get about half of the platinum relics as I went along without the triple spin. Possible that it's mostly needed towards the latter levels but there is hope. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Honestly thought it was just me being terrible. Nice to see it isn't. Why is the hitbox so horrendous? Even with the latest patch it's a pain. 

Also I've managed to get about half of the platinum relics as I went along without the triple spin. Possible that it's mostly needed towards the latter levels but there is hope. 

Did you narrowly beat the platinum relic times? It'd be interesting to hear the difference between triple spin and not using it. I'd like to attempt the times without using the triple spin as well but I'm leaving the relics for later (just focusing on getting all the gems first in all the levels to also help familiarise myself with everything).

Once I finished the story, I'm continuously obtaining all gems and N. Sanely Perfect Relics, level by level.

Yesterday I did "Off Balance" in Tranquility Falls island, and I found this quote easy to do (which I previously thought it's insane).

So today I decided to go for a platinum time trial relic, due to I enjoyed this level yesterday and my mind is fresh for it.

After couple of quite hard attempts I managed to finish the time trial - I was aware of a few mistakes made by myself, especially the one where triple Aku mask ends and Ika mask starts - I had to wait for a platform. But generally I was in a flow and felt it's going well.

In the end I was stunned while I saw the result... a gold relic with a fucking huge backlog of 20 seconds... I lost my hope. Fuck.

I feel like a newbie, even if I've got platinum trophies in Crash 1-3 and CTR...

Here's the proof of my failure.

https://ibb.co/HHZTc24

Edited by Bykovsky7
typos

5 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Once I finished the story, I'm continuously obtaining all gems and N. Sanely Perfect Relics, level by level.

Yesterday I did "Off Balance" in Tranquility Falls island, and I found this quote easy to do (which I previously thought it's insane).

So today I decided to go for a platinum time trial relic, due to I enjoyed this level yesterday and my mind is fresh for it.

After couple of quite hard attempts I managed to finish the time trial - I was aware of a few mistakes made by myself, especially the one where triple Aku mask ends and Ika mask starts - I had to wait for a platform. But generally I was in a flow and felt it's going well.

In the end I was stunned while I saw the result... a gold relic with a fucking huge backlog of 20 seconds... I lost my hope. Fuck.

I feel that a newbie, even if I've got platinum trophies in Crash 1-3 and CTR...

Here's the proof of my failure.

https://ibb.co/HHZTc24

You must of missed a few boxes that stop the clock, are you using the triple spin?

4 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

You must of missed a few boxes that stop the clock, are you using the triple spin?

Yes I am, and hit every single time box... 5-7s are lost by waiting for a platform there, I know, but rest of the time? Over 10 second backlog.

Edited by Bykovsky7

On 03/10/2020 at 9:13 PM, Property_Damage said:

Yeah because my mentality is that of ratalaika games! Spot on

lets make every game wolfenstein 2 difficult to proove me wrong

Ive posted in the past that this generation is too easy to complete games in so im not even going to go there That this is why trophy hunting went down hill

you know what destroyed trophy hunting?

capitalism..MONEY

someone figured out that they could sell you trophy games and they could make a living out of it, and guess what, it worked! Those guys are simple geniuses and were all mad at them for it

im entitled to my opinion on anything i have interest in, just like the next person.  These games were made for a target audience, and thats the younger generation, Cute cartoony characters, quirky jokes, bright fun colors, non violent violence As in no blood and gore..im not wrong in thinking the requirements should fit its audience like wtf lmao

Kids are not the target audience for Crash lol. This game targets nostalgic adults who grew up playing the notoriously difficult (for the time) games when they first came out, who should by now have developed the skills to play through the majority of this game or at least have the focus and determination to keep playing after the frustration sets in. Just because a game isn't gory does not automatically make it a kids game. 

Also Ratalaika single handedly destroyed any value platinum trophies ever had and wrecked trophy hunting for everyone. What is the point of having a lot of piss easy crap platinums everyone can get in ten minutes of playing? 

That being said, there does not need to be two extremes in terms of difficulty, which is what, imo, makes AAA games so good. They are easy enough that the mass audience that they appeal too can get their platinums, while being long or just difficult enough that casual players won't necessarily achieve them and then the next game comes out that takes their attention away. This is not a AAA targeting mass audiences, and they certainly don't think of children as their main consumer. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's the advantage of capitalism; you can make your own decisions.  

Edited by Upendo_Vitani
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Compare this to your run to see where to make up time: 

Okay now I'm about 8 seconds once reached the first platform section, and I'm about 43 seconds when a thirds Aku mask is - so I think I'm messing up somewhere farther...  But at least I know that at the half of the level I'm doing well so far.

Thanks for this.

Edited by Bykovsky7

7 hours ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

2 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

Did you narrowly beat the platinum relic times? It'd be interesting to hear the difference between triple spin and not using it. I'd like to attempt the times without using the triple spin as well but I'm leaving the relics for later (just focusing on getting all the gems first in all the levels to also help familiarise myself with everything).

Got the plat today, can confirm every time trial is doable without triple spin. I even have videos up on my Youtube channel of every level done without it. I only got 2 purple relics (Run It Bayou, Cortex Castle), but plat is absolutely doable.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Got the plat today, can confirm every time trial is doable without triple spin. I even have videos up on my Youtube channel of every level done without it. I only got 2 purple relics (Run It Bayou, Cortex Castle), but plat is absolutely doable.

Congrats and well done on doing it without triple spin! I will check out your channel in due course - please keep them up on YouTube as it'll be useful in the future.

Did you beat the platinum times with a decent gap or was it quite close (1-2 seconds or less)?

Just now, thedarkness91 said:

Congrats and well done on doing it without triple spin! I will check out your channel in due course - please keep them up on YouTube as it'll be useful in the future.

Did you beat the platinum times with a decent gap or was it quite close (1-2 seconds or less)?

Tbh I can’t really answer that because I’m not even sure what the plat times are lol, I usually got them on my first complete run of a level. On the rare occasions I did get to see the plat time I’m pretty sure I finished several seconds ahead at leadt. My channel is Madbuk101 since I think madbuk was taken lol, also have vids of perfect relics/flashback tapes.

• Like 1