[SOLVED] Your voice can be recorded in Parties for moderation purposes

bosstristan

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Also probably useful to fully quote Sony's actual wording on the matter:

"Please be aware that voice chats in parties may be recorded and sent to us by other users. By participating in voice chats, you agree to your voice being recorded."

Just was i was gonna say. But people these days have a google home, siri or alexa and they are afraid of ps parties beeing recorded by other players.... The before mentioned devices listen to you and gather data about what you say xD

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DaivRules said:

"Please be aware that voice chats in parties may be recorded and sent to us by other users. By participating in voice chats, you agree to your voice being recorded."

Ok but If I join a party to talk with friends, then how the hell am I consenting to being recorded? Those are 2 different things. I consent to join a party to talk with new people but I don't consent to being recorded. It makes me NOT wanna join parties anymore.

• Like 2

The privacy concerns are completely legitimate but I find it hilarious how some people are losing their shit because this might stop them swearing and force them to act like civilized human beings for once. That's gotta be tough man.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

How can a kid be bullied to death in a PS party, that they can leave at any time? Genuine question.

Yeah they can leave at any time, but that doesn't mean it won't affect them. They'll still remember what was said to them and some people and kids take that stuff very badly. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Kesme63 said:

Yeah they can leave at any time, but that doesn't mean it won't affect them. They'll still remember what was said to them and some people and kids take that stuff very badly. 

Maybe those people should get some thicker skin? It's PSN. You're never going to meet any of those people in person anyway. They are not that important. Why does what they say bother them anyway? Let that shit bounce right off of you. I mean even if that's what this is all about, consenting to let Sony spy on people to join party chats isn't the way to prevent cyber-bullying. 

7 minutes ago, sporty_chin8 said:

Maybe those people should get some thicker skin? (...)

That's not how it works really; you wouldn't say "just get healthy" to a cancer patient. Depressed and anxious people suffer from chemical imbalance of the brain and they can take even smaller negative comments way differently than you would react. The way these comments stick may seem irrational to a healthy person but when you are in that state of mind you sometimes can't detach yourself from these comments. Of course I am generalizing and every person reacts differently but there is no reason to be rude to people and then brush off these comments with "get thicker skin". The topic of cyberbullying is of course way more complex than this.

Also, I have to disagree with you that this is not the way. The chances that Sony will be listening to you are probably abysmal, my guess is they will go back and listen only if something is reported. If Sony will go back and sees someone does cyberbully others and can prevent it, then I say good for them. They already have your text messages. 

• Like 1

Me in the past when I am in a chat with my homies: "I hope nobody will ever hear this pile of shit we are talking about night and day"

Sony 2020: "hold my listening device"

Joking aside, I guess they give a shit about 99,9% of us, and in modern times, where we can't take a dump without getting tracked, it's just a sidenote, so whatever ?

Edited by DavySuicide

19 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

If you really cant figure that out, you need to read up a bit on mental health and how bullying affect kids emotions. 

Are you calling me uneducated? You are giving me the impression that you are looking down at me because you know about something that I don't. That's some potential bullying right there and could prevent me from asking questions in the future to learn more if I don't understand something.

But I guess it's okay when YOU do it.

EDIT:

In all seriousness though, comparing bullying to joining a random party, hearing two sentences and leaving is a bit much. As for kids, it's the responsibility of parents to explain and control what they do on the internet (depending on which age we're talking about).

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

EDIT:

In all seriousness though, comparing bullying to joining a random party, hearing two sentences and leaving is a bit much. As for kids, it's the responsibility of parents to explain and control what they do on the internet (depending on which age we're talking about).

I agree that parents should have awareness of what their children are doing, however kids want to take part in chats too and I think blaming kids for actions of adults who can't behave is not fair. We should teach people not to bully and insult, not say 'don't participate' to kids.

The title of this topic is very misleading..

I don't think I have anything to worry about.

Here's a thought for people worrying about their privacy.

The moment you signed up for PSN, they already got your information.

The moment you linked your CC to your account they got more information;

The moment you decided to post all your trophy progress on forums or facebook or whatever, they got more information

That one time you linked your PSN to a twitch account... they got more information. 

I dont think they will ban you for having a normal conversation including F-bombs while playing with your friends. 

If you're that concerned, use discord, which is another company that already has your information and probably records too. 

Might as well get rid of your cellphones all online accounts and what not if you're THAT concerned about your privacy.

Just my opinion, feel free to disagree I don't mind...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kesme63 said:

I agree that parents should have awareness of what their children are doing, however kids want to take part in chats too and I think blaming kids for actions of adults who can't behave is not fair.

I never blamed any kid, what.

We should teach people not to bully and insult, not say 'don't participate' to kids.

We should also teach people not to break into other people's houses. I prefer to just lock my door though.

Try to let your car stand around with open doors, and get the money back from your insurance when it got stolen, because "it shouldn't be my responsibility to lock it, we should just teach people to not steal cars".

We can tell kids to only participate in parties with their friends.

We can prepare kids for rude people, and tell them that they don't have to take it seriously and always come to an adult they trust to tell what happend.

Obviously nobody wants to be on the receiving end of mean things and it would be great if they didn't happen, but pretending we have to educate the perpetrators instead of preparing for such circumstances, is a bit naive in my view.

Edited by Infernopommes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Infernopommes said:

I never blamed any kid, what.

I'm not saying you did specifically, I'm not talking personally about you. I'm talking abou the stance I think we should take.

3 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

We should also teach people not to break into other people's houses. I prefer to just lock my door though.

We can tell kids to only participate in parties with their friends.

We can prepare kids for rude people, and tell them that they don't have to take it seriously and always come to an adult they trust to tell what happend.

Yeah I agree, let's do both. I was taught at school about the dangers of the internet and people that are on their and I'm sure they still warn kids at schools. I just don't think it's that much to ask people to be civilized when playing a game with other people.