X360: opinion?

Mr_Freaker

I know there's such a thing as a console war and I used to take part in it.

I was anti-Halo, anti-Mass Effect (when it was exclusive), ant-gears of war,...

A real sony fanboy (dating back to the psone in '96)

I now have both a PS3 and a 360.

My question to people who have both.

What do you think of the 360?

I also used to be one of those ravage fanboys of Sony. But after using it, I quite like it. The controller is much better in my opinion, the multiplatform games also seem to perform and look slightly better (though it's barely noticeable). I'm not too fussed about the online on either consoles. They both seem pretty good (I wasn't around during the PSN blackout though). Though I'm not a fan of their UI. And the exclusives just aren't as impressive. 

Edited by Herwest299

Personally... I used a Xbox360 before I had a PS3. SO my experience with it is quite good. I liked it but not 100%. reasons being that i wanted to play online and i couldn't get HDMI and Wireless internet. Also Batteries. I used to use $40 worth of batteries in about 1 week but it was still fun. On full thogh it is a good console but with flaws. I have and still kinda use my Xbox360 Arcade. 

I used to have both but I sold my 360 a while ago.

It has some good exclusives like Halo, Forza but I found that more and more of my friends were abandoning it and going over to the PS3. The main reason being able to play online for free.

I did enjoy using the 360 but found that I always favoured the PS3 (when buying games available on both I usually bout the PS3 version). Not sure this was really a conscious choice not to get it on 360.

I eventually found that my 360 was fairly redundant and never got used so I decided it was better to sell it and hopefully be used regularly by someone else.

I am often tempted to get one again though....

I have the original 360 dated back to 2006, the online has always been far superior however in my eyes the free games with PSN plus kinda made things almost balanced however the cross chat/private are just a must feature which psn dearly misses, the profiles on xbox are also far superior (talking about this gen strictly), games wise I am not really a huge fan of any 360 game maybe Gears of War but that kinda went downhill and Bioshock and Mass Effect were out also on PC which is the Platform I actually played the most at the time and they later came on PS3 anyways. I still have it mainly because it didn't break somehow (06 xboxes are supposed to be doomed with rrod) and because most my personal friends have one which also the reason why I pre-ordered the Xbox one because most my friends will get it, don't blame them really they are all 'casual' gamers who just buy fifa and cod every year so a console choice is kinda redundant at that stage.

My 360 is gathering dust.

There are no exclusives that interested me in the slightest except one: Kameo.

For this reason, I only own 2 games. Prince of Persia: The Forgoten Sands (awesome game, friend gave it to me) and Kameo (again, awesome game, bought it)

Microsoft (It may have been the developer, but I'm 90% sure it was Microsoft) shot down Kameo, stating something along the lines "This isn't what gamers want" :facepalm:

Due to trophies, I only buy exclusives on my U/360. And the sad thing is, the U has the same amount (2) of games my 360 does, and the 360 has been out much longer.

EDIT: I also like the trophy system better than achievements. Gamerscore is nice, and when I actually play my 360 I hunt the achievements, but we have trophy points and platinums.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

The only reason I have my Xbox 360 is because of the exclusives. I prefer just about everything else about the PlayStation 3. I feel the online aspects of both consoles are identical in terms of performance though the 360 has a few extra features (that I never use such as cross game chat) that may make it "better" in some peoples minds. In terms of quality of connection and download speeds they are identical. 

The system itself is louder and feels cheaper and easier to break. The HDD system is ridiculous, the UI is the worst I've ever seen, the controller is good (I much prefer the DualShock though) but I still think it is a great system to have for some of the fantastic exclusive games it has. 

Parker

I've had a X360 for about 2 years now and in those 2 years I've used it to play all the Gears of War games as well as the Halo games with friends. But now that nothing new in those 2 franchises has come out in awhile my 360 is just collecting dust.

I prefer the PS3's controller by far as well as it's UI and performance, I'm not much of an online player but I hear that the online features are a big plus for the Xbox 360 over the PS3 though.

I've had an xbox 360 since release although have gone through a few since then, but I think it's an excellent console, don't play it much any more due to the fact most of my friends are on the PS3.

I find the controller far better on the Xbox for me personally it has a better weight and size for my hands and I also find it much more reliable. The online to me is slightly better again, but I think this is due to my pretty bad connection, again it is just more reliable and stable, I get a lot of problems on the PSN which I just don't on the xbox.  It has it's advantages with the cross game chat which is an excellent feature, despite the fact some people bitch about the xbox being an entertainment system, personally I like that aspect to my console, it just gives you a lot more choice on things to do.

The exclusives, there ok, I'm a big fan of Halo, I did like Gears of War but not so much any more it seems to have gone downhill gradually, there not really titles that grip me and I want to play for a long time. My favourite though is probably the Kinect Sports games, love these.

Edited by Jimskeleton

I have a ps3, xbox360, and steam and they all play video games. I usually go with whichever system has the game cheaper. Most of the new games on steam are compatible with a controller, so it is like having another console and achievements. In the end play whichever system you get more enjoyment from.

I had my 360 long before I got a PS3 and I still like it better, especially the controller. Since I don't really care for any of the PS3's exclusives, the fact that I love Fable and Viva Pinata make me prefer the 360. Only reason I bought a PS3 is because I'm getting a PS4 and want to knock off all the PS3 games I haven't played yet off my list.

• 1 month later...

I had a 360 for almost 4 years. Bought it on 2009 and she died last month. I've been with Sony since PSOne but decided to change to 360 and for me it was a good console.. never been a fanboy, indeed I was and I am an anti-Halo, and anti-Gears Of War, I never liked those games at all.. But what I've seen is that there is not too much variety of genders on the 360 exclusives, Halo, Left 4 Dead, GoW c'mon just shooters, and I realised that PS3 had much more variety of the genders I like.. (hack n slash, more adventure, 3rd person action, etc)

And then I started to realise Microsoft only thought on Kinect, and tried to make us happy with another GoW and another Halo, what about some new IPs? And I went, hey look at Sony it's the end of generation and it still making new AAA IPs.. so I decided to buy a PS3 on August :)

My best moment(best videogame with Xbox360)

I had nice moments with my 360, but the best exclusive I played on it, is Alan Wake. The storyline of that game is awesome, give me an awesome story that keeps me there in front of the TV, those kind of games you always want to know what's going to happen next, I really love them. Alan Wake is not a survival horror game, but there is tension, there is a dark atmosphere, you feel what you see is really happening, and there's something dark on that town, and it makes you feel it's really a nightmare, like a nightmare in your dreams when all you do is run and you feel like Alan, cause it comes the time when you can't distinguish the dream from the reallity, just like the character you ask yourself, hey is this really happening? or it's all in Alan's mind? Is it a dream?  and I never had that feel ever, at least not in a videogame.. 

Well, i think I wrote too much..

I still have both and just bought my PS3 this past summer and I can say both consoles have their ups and downs. The online on the 360 is a bit more stable, despite what the Sony fans would have you believe. I've had many more random drops on my PS3 than the 360 in anything I've played on both consoles. Party chat is an awesome feature that I'm glad has been mentioned for the PS4. The PS3 takes the advantage as far as notifications. Having to hear the bloop every time anything happens really puts a damper on when you earn an achievement, compared to the trophy sound which is exclusively for trophies.

The 360 has a couple solid shooter exclusives, but it also had Lost Odyssey which I loved. PS3 has a ton of exclusives I haven't even gotten around to playing yet. Despite what the raging fanboys would say, I'd say the consoles are pretty much even.

I still have both and just bought my PS3 this past summer and I can say both consoles have their ups and downs. The online on the 360 is a bit more stable, despite what the Sony fans would have you believe. I've had many more random drops on my PS3 than the 360 in anything I've played on both consoles. Party chat is an awesome feature that I'm glad has been mentioned for the PS4. The PS3 takes the advantage as far as notifications. Having to hear the bloop every time anything happens really puts a damper on when you earn an achievement, compared to the trophy sound which is exclusively for trophies.

The 360 has a couple solid shooter exclusives, but it also had Lost Odyssey which I loved. PS3 has a ton of exclusives I haven't even gotten around to playing yet. Despite what the raging fanboys would say, I'd say the consoles are pretty much even.

Over three years I blew through two original 360s and a Elite. First two got red ring and the Elite got the EL2 error. That is when I finally got a PS3 and gave up on xbox -_- But fun while it lasted.

My best memories from the 360 are of playing GTA IV while in a party of friends, just chatting and screwing around in public free roam sessions. Also playing Skate online Hall of Meat with strangers xD

Edited by xWSPx420x

Source? Is there any evidence to back that up other than user feedback? In my experience the PSN has been more stable for me with both wired and wireless connections and it certainly isn't the "Sony fan" in me that is causing that to happen. 

I'm not saying that the 360 wasn't more stable for you but that doesn't mean everyone else has that same experience.

Parker 

Source? Is there any evidence to back that up other than user feedback? In my experience the PSN has been more stable for me with both wired and wireless connections and it certainly isn't the "Sony fan" in me that is causing that to happen.  I'm not saying that the 360 wasn't more stable for you but that doesn't mean everyone else has that same experience.  Parker

To be honest, 360 online was much more stable for me as well. It never disconnected me, but the PS3, well...That's another story :P But as you said, not everyone has the same experience.

I used to have one since launch. And was a fanboy of MS. Only decent exclusives were in the consoles first few years and now it's pretty much dried up. Unless you want to count Kinect games as exclusives. The only good thing party chat is good for is boosting, thats it. Many have a hard time on XBL trying to finish their SP stuff in a game because of this feature.

To be honest, 360 online was much more stable for me as well. It never disconnected me, but the PS3, well...That's another story :P But as you said, not everyone has the same experience.

Exactly. The PS3 has been much more stable for me (as well as the majority of my real life gaming buddies) and I find it odd that some people post it as fact that Xbox Live is more stable (connection wise) than PSN. I've had people claim I'm just a lying PlayStation fanboy when I've let it be known the PSN is more stable for me.  :rolleyes:

Parker

Exactly. The PS3 has been much more stable for me (as well as the majority of my real life gaming buddies) and I find it odd that some people post it as fact that Xbox Live is more stable (connection wise) than PSN. I've had people claim I'm just a lying PlayStation fanboy when I've let it be known the PSN is more stable for me.  :rolleyes:  Parker

Sadly, everyone jumps to that conclusion when you don't agree -_-

• Like 1

It's funny you felt the need to state the fact it isn't the "Sony Fan" in you that makes that happen as if I were making that out to be the reason. Next time I'll say "Denizens of PSN" in order to ensure you aren't going to take it the wrong way lol. My point was many people I've ran in to in communities such as this have argued that they're equal and I personally don't believe it to be true. If I were trying to call you a lying fanboy like in your past experiences, I would've said just that rather than "fans".

Only reason I mentioned that bit was due to the fact when I was playing games like SoulCalibur V, Naruto Storm games and both of the Blazblue titles I had random drops that annoyed me. This paired with the fact I've been told FEAR 2 lobbies can't hold any more than 4 people without the chance of dropping completely, it really makes you wonder if certain titles don't get as much love on PSN or something like that. Granted I have no actual data, like you said, so it's really just conjecture.

The one post of mine where I forget to include "In my opinion" and it's taken completely out of context. :lol: Have to be careful on the internet.

At first I had a PS2 and loved it. Didn't even thought about switching to Microsoft back then (and quite frankly - the original Xbox had simply no chance against the PS2, hands down). Then, around 2007 a colleague of mine said that he would be able to get Xbox 360 games for a very, very low prize and that was the reason I bought the 360 Arcade. I was in LOVE with that console, because I never really had any issues with it. Then, about 10 months ago, my best friend told me that she wanted to play some Online CoD and BF with me, but since I only had a 360, while she was playing PS3, I purchased the other CurrentGen as well - not only because of her, but mainly because of The Last Of Us, which I was utterly stoked for (and Heavy Rain was on top of my to-do-list for over 2 years anyways).

Since then, my Xbox 360 is almost nothing more than a dust magnet. Right now I even gave it to my ex girlfriend, who wanted to play The Walking Dead for quite a while. And I'm not even missing it that much.

Don't get me wrong, I like my 360, she was my baby for over 5 years, but now the PS3 has definitely taken over.

I never played online on the X360 (because I couldn't and it was expensive for me at that time), but I borrowed alot of games from my buddy who now owns a very loud X360 Slim and it was as fun as it is now on the PS3. I gave it to my dad since I wanted to play more PS3 games and I didn't have any games I could borrow anymore since my buddy joined the glorious PC master race.

I don't even miss it anymore, and as GameCoreX said, the PS3 has taken over me and I don't want to go back (although Crysis 2 was amazing on X360)