GTA Online:Rockstar apologizes with half a million to all players

drummerklg

Rockstar has announced it's giving GTA Online players half a million GTA$ as compensation for multiple launch issues.

The cash will be given to anyone who's played Grand Theft Auto Online during the month of October, and will be delivered in two deposits of $250,000 each in order to avoid destabilising the in-game economy.

While Rockstar has yet to confirm exactly when the money will be dished out, the studio is hopeful the first batch will arrive next week, following confirmation that the most recent patch has indeed resolved the issues that caused characters to be deleted. The second instalment should arrive before the end of the month.

The announcement reads, "For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet."

As previously mentioned, to qualify you need to have played GTA Online during October. Additionally, you'll have to install a new title update (1.04) due for release next week that should hopefully sort the issue that's causing purchased vehicles to disappear.

Since launching on October 1, Grand Theft Auto Online has been plagued by technical issues. While most of these have now been resolved, an especially pernicious one last week saw a large number of players lose their characters without warning. Though Rockstar's latest patch should have resolved this issue, the developer has still released some advice you should stick to if you want to make doubly-sure nothing untowards happens.

Additionally, Rockstar has confirmed that this means if your character was deleted, you won't be getting them back. An updated post explains, "For those asking about their lost characters or rank, those will not be able to be restored so we sincerely hope that this cash stimulus we’re giving out this month will help you get back on your feet."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/11/gta-online-rockstar-apologises-with-gta-for-all-players

• Like 1

Nice, not sure how much half a million is in GTAO though

hmm

after over 48h of playing and reaching lvl 46 i managed to earn 1 million

i wasnt boosting it

i was just playing some death matches, races and missions

so i would say its quite nice amount of cash

for example most expensive apartament cost 400k

hmm

after over 48h of playing and reaching lvl 46 i managed to earn 1 million

i wasnt boosting it

i was just playing some death matches, races and missions

so i would say its quite nice amount of cash

for example most expensive apartament cost 400k

So it would take approx 24 hours to get 500k

The fact that they are announcing this in advance and until the end of October shows it's a ploy to sell more copies as much as an apology.

Still, I'm not going to complain about a freebie. I haven't played much as the launch issues were pretty extremely frustrating and even when it's working I find it slow and somewhat tedious with all the loading screens. Maybe I still need to learn the interface better, only level 7 so far...

Anyway I hope this first installment comes soon and I can buy some gear to level the playing field a bit.

$500k will get you a top apartment with 10 car garage if you've not got one already, it's very easy to blow that amount and more on upgrading a car, if you've levelled up and unlocked the upgrades of course, $500k is not a huge amount in GTAV.

I didn't lose much with the early problems, only got to rank 7, so I'm not as annoyed as those who lost much more.

Despite the early problems,so far so good with the game online, I can't put it down to be honest, get yourself in a crew with friends and time will fly, I've not laughed so much during a game before.

$500k in game sounds good, some free DLC would've sounded better. 

$500k will get you a top apartment with 10 car garage if you've not got one already, it's very easy to blow that amount and more on upgrading a car, if you've levelled up and unlocked the upgrades of course, $500k is not a huge amount in GTAV.

Yeha, 500k isn't that much in GTA Online, but it's better than nothing, and it will go towards my new car!