PSNP Interviews: Gotakibono - Submit Your Questions!

There was a small delay, but it's now here, and so, hello one and all back to Member Interviews!

It's time for our next member interview, today we have the mysterious and alluring @Gotakibono!

Gotakibono.png

You may be asking, who is this person? Well, let's find out. Questions can be submitted starting now until November 23rd, 2020. Gotakibono has provided the community a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions :)

About Me

Well, hello there. I'm Gotakibono, an Irish guy who's been around trophy forums since the year dot. In that time I've manged to play many games, meet many great people and have a lot of fun collecting those wonderful virtual trophies we all know and love.

I don't have a particularly favorite genre of videos games, but I am drawn towards story driven experiences and engaging gameplay. I started collecting trophies in 2008 (I feel so old even typing that, like my fingers are going to turn into dust instantaneously) after loading up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune after downloading a patch which caused weird pop-ups with a cool noise to show up on my screen. After figuring out just what the hell these trophy things were, I never looked back.

Growing up I wouldn't have much access to a wide array of games, so I had to be picky with what I got. This lead me to really soaking up each and every game and shooting to achieve 100% completion. Collecting trophies seemed like a natural evolution of how I enjoyed playing my games during my childhood, so here I am 12 years and 131 platinums later! Trophies haven't changed my purchasing habits, as I only really enjoy getting trophies in games I really love, but I feel like trophies definitely add to the experience and I love going back once I've finished my first playthrough to clean up the trophy list.

Outside of trophy hunting, I have a small Youtube channel in which I post personal retrospectives and opinions on video games ( https://www.youtube.com/c/Gotakibono and I'm working as a freelance photographer. My other hobbies are playing drums, guitar, reading and always forgetting which bin goes out on what day.

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee has been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 16 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those question along with the standard question will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the question, I will post the whole Interview in a new thread.

How to be a Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added on the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, and PlayStation 4?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/ost?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. What feature (besides backwards compatibility) do you think the next console generation should have?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout out too and if so why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

The list below contains the question from the PSNP community:

1. What is the worst thing about video gaming?
  2. Do you miss ps3trophies.com?
  3. As an Irishman, how worried are you about the Brexit and its implications?
  4. What's your favorite song to play on the drums?
  5. What's your favorite song to play on the guitar? (I know, creative genius)
  6. You have both Spyro 1 and Spyro 2 platted, so when will Spyro 3 follow?
  7. What is the best-looking car in the world and why is it the Fiat Multipla 1.6-16V Active Plus?
  8. Is Thierry Henry the most hated man in Ireland considering the 2009 World Cup play-off handball, or is it Paul McShane?
  9. How many tears have been shed over the FIFA 10 100%?
  10. Toga, in your opinion, what is the earliest acceptable date to begin decorating your home for Christmas?
  11. Considering you're not Bono, are you by any chance Larry Mullen jr., and if so, does Bono always wear weird sunglasses?
  12. Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human, please rank these three games from worst to best explaining why.
  13. When the member interview project was approved to come back, what were your thoughts? Were you hopeful? What do you think could be done to improve the project?
  14. Have you played Roblox?
  15. Knack 2 when?
  16. Last year my family and I took a trip to Ireland and made a loop around the northern half of the island (Belfast, Derry, Donegal, Galway, and Dublin). We had a great time and would like to come back to visit the southern half sometime. Any recommendations for can't-miss locations?
  17. Are you a fan of the wonderful world of anime/manga? If so...

1. What is your favorite anime/manga franchise?
    2. What is your favorite anime series?
    3. What anime studio is your favorite?
    4. Who is your favorite mangaka (manga artist)?
    5. Most importantly, who is your waifu of choice? If you are confused, please see the Wikipedia description below:

Waifu/Husbando: A fictional character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga or video game) to whom one is attracted or whom one considers their significant other.

18. If you are not a fan of anime/manga, then please ignore the questions above and refer to the question below:

• If you ever were fortunate enough to win the lottery [for this example, let's say $90 million dollars ($76 million euros) was what you won], what would you do with all of that money?
  19. Has a trophy ever made you not want to start or complete a game without the trophy in question being something that would be considered excessively difficult?
Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 4

• What's your favorite song to play on the drums?
  • What's your favorite song to play on the guitar? (I know, creative genius)
  • You have both Spyro 1 and Spyro 2 platted, so when will Spyro 3 follow?
  • What is the best-looking car in the world and why is it the Fiat Multipla 1.6-16V Active Plus?
  • Is Thierry Henry the most hated man in Ireland considering the 2009 World Cup play-off handball, or is it Paul McShane?
  • How many tears have been shed over the FIFA 10 100%?
  • Considering you're not Bono, are you by any chance Larry Mullen jr., and if so, does Bono always wear weird sunglasses?
  • Like 1

I'll probably get some flack for this (your inner weeb is showing, Mossy!), but here it goes:

Are you a fan of the wonderful world of anime/manga? If so...

• What is your favorite anime/manga franchise?
  • What is your favorite anime series?
  • What anime studio is your favorite?
  • Who is your favorite mangaka (manga artist)?
  • Most importantly, who is your waifu of choice? If you are confused, please see the Wikipedia description below:

Waifu/Husbando: A fictional character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga or video game) to whom one is attracted or whom one considers their significant other.

If you are not a fan of anime/manga, then please ignore the questions above and refer to the question below:

• If you ever were fortunate enough to win the lottery [for this example, let's say $90 million dollars ($76 million euros) was what you won], what would you do with all of that money?
Edited by MossyOakRcn42

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MossyOakRcn42 said:

@Dreggit Is this PSNP interview with Gotakibono still going? It's six days past the cut-off and the OP has not been updated...

Yes, the past several weeks I have been combating a high fever, but rest assured December 12th is the target date for the interview release unless he would like to post sooner.

• Like 2