ZHAO
Gangster       99 X   Weapon: Curved Crystal Saber EX +3
Chef           30         Head:   Cyber Helmet
Fortuneteller  33     Body:   Cyber Armor
Foreman        30     Legs:   Illegal Boots
Enforcer       30       Accessories:
                               Kongo Chainmail
                               War God's Keystone  

Did exactly this and got it on my second try. Made a big mistake while playing it for the first time and failed on the 3rd floor.

• Like 1

Well I just obliterated the final Millennium tower easy peasy, then thought ‘oh true Millennium tower, how hard can it be?’, Well turns out when you’re level 93 with the hero job at level 60 and level 1 in everything else you will get obliterated by the very first enemy in one hit.

so now I have looked through the Pages here and can see i’m so underleveled that I have to grind alot, where is the easiest way to do this?, I know the undergrund area in kamurocho has alot of the vagabonds that give insane amounts of exp and I have grinded there before.

also what setup did you guys use?

4 hours ago, dj_lalle said:

Well I just obliterated the final Millennium tower easy peasy, then thought ‘oh true Millennium tower, how hard can it be?’, Well turns out when you’re level 93 with the hero job at level 60 and level 1 in everything else you will get obliterated by the very first enemy in one hit.

so now I have looked through the Pages here and can see i’m so underleveled that I have to grind alot, where is the easiest way to do this?, I know the undergrund area in kamurocho has alot of the vagabonds that give insane amounts of exp and I have grinded there before.

The kamurocho underground method is the fastest way to get EXP, epically with the EXP boost items, can't remember my exact setup as it's been a while since I did it but my team consisted of Ichiban, Joon-gi han, zhao and sayako

12 hours ago, dj_lalle said:

Just scroll up a bit to my last post, did exactly as one of the tips said in here.
Grinding takes a bit of time (around 15-20 hours for me). Remeber to get all the job exp items if you can, some are hiden in gold safes in kamurocho (hero item for example).
My party was Ichiban (Hero), Jon-gi Han (Host), Zhao (Gangster) and Saeko (Idol). Few people in here already said it, but every member of your party should have around 1500 HP, to survive at least 2 hits of enemies.

On 25.1.2021 at 8:39 AM, SaintChris777 said:

Just scroll up a bit to my last post, did exactly as one of the tips said in here.
Grinding takes a bit of time (around 15-20 hours for me). Remeber to get all the job exp items if you can, some are hiden in gold safes in kamurocho (hero item for example).
My party was Ichiban (Hero), Jon-gi Han (Host), Zhao (Gangster) and Saeko (Idol). Few people in here already said it, but every member of your party should have around 1500 HP, to survive at least 2 hits of enemies.

I normally dont really mind grinding, but this might be to the more tiresome side, because its litterally the same over and over again, I need to do this in otherwise I fear I’ll never get this done

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dj_lalle said:

I normally dont really mind grinding, but this might be to the more tiresome side, because its litterally the same over and over again, I need to do this in otherwise I fear I’ll never get this done

Just steamroll through it, choose your favourite music or put on some livestreams and power through, it does seem like a daunting task but you'll feel very fulfilled once you've done it 

On 1/25/2021 at 2:39 AM, SaintChris777 said:

I'd say to put at least 1800 on Ichiban if you can. Some of the nastier enemies will dish 1500 in one blow, or possibly even body you before you have time to set up that life-save spell. Very frustrating and not that unlikely. Hell I put 2000 on Ichiban and still had a close call here and there.

17 hours ago, hybridhero102 said:

Just steamroll through it, choose your favourite music or put on some livestreams and power through, it does seem like a daunting task but you'll feel very fulfilled once you've done it 

i’m watching the office (us) or Brooklyn nine-nine, I know the map by heart now so I just watch the show and on ocassion looking on the screen, also how man jobs did you have on 99?

Edited by dj_lalle

3 hours ago, dj_lalle said:

i’m watching the office (us) or Brooklyn nine-nine, I know the map by heart now so I just watch the show and on ocassion looking on the screen, also how man jobs did you have on 99?

Good shows good shows, I got 5 jobs to level 99 for each character and managed to do the true final tower, so it's not absolutely necessary to do all of them but I would advise getting them all to about level 30 to learn all the skills, especially the host and fortune teller ones as magic attacks in boss fights are essential

On 2.2.2021 at 8:48 PM, hybridhero102 said:

Good shows good shows, I got 5 jobs to level 99 for each character and managed to do the true final tower, so it's not absolutely necessary to do all of them but I would advise getting them all to about level 30 to learn all the skills, especially the host and fortune teller ones as magic attacks in boss fights are essential

and I have finally done it, the platinium is mine.

amazing game, this tower just made me realise the main game was really easy compared to this.

Here was my line up for the final tower with jobs included:

Ichiban:

Character level:

job level:

freelance 99

hero 99 (set job)

bodyguatd 99

host 32

breaker 43

devil rocker 32

foreman 99

musician 32

chef 32

enforcer 99

fortuneteller 37

equipment:

weapon:

legendary hero’s bat ex +4

Armor:

cyberhelmet

dragon kinagashi

dragon boots

accessories:

bracelet of the Four gods

eye of the dragon

joon-gi han:

Character level:

hitman 99 (set job)

bodyguatd 99

host 99

devil rocker 37

breaker 30

enforcer 91

foreman 30

musician 32

chef 30

fortuneteller 99

equipment:

weapon:

Darksilver fists ex +3

Armor:

dragonhelm

dragon kinagashi

dragon boots

accessories:

Courage pendant

War god’s keystone

saeko mukoda:

Character level:

job level:

barmaid 99

hostess 80

matriarch 99

idol 99 (set job)

night queen 99

dealer (99)

equipment:

weapon:

Celestial microphone ex

Armor:

dragonhelm

dragon kinagashi

dragon boots

accessories:

brawler god’s mouthguard

Brawler god’s mouthguard

koichi adachi:

Character level:

Job level:

Detective 99

bodyguatd 45

foreman 99

devil rocker 30

enforcer 99 (set job)

breaker 30

musician 99

host 99

chef 30

fortuneteller 37

equipment:

weapon:

special ops riot shield ex +3

Armor:

dragonhelm

dragon kinagashi

dragon boots

accessories:

Courage pendant

dragon’s binding

it was a good game but I have to admit, this trophy really did test my patience, other than that good luck to anyone going for this

• Like 1

I used pretty much every strategy provided on this board, but I only hit 99 with one job and hit 30 with all other jobs (including Matriarch and Devil Rocker). Here's what I maxed:

Hero for Kasuga

Enforcer for Adachi

Homeless Guy for Namba

Idol and Night Queen for Saeko and Eri

Hitman for Joon-Gi

Gangster for Zhao

What I did max out, however, were the weapons for Hero, Enforcer, Idol, and Hitman since those are the four classes I took into the tower. For armor, I used the dragon kinagashi and boots along with Fable Hats on everyone for that extra boost to magic damage is the MVP for the tower. For accessories, I used Brawler God's Mouthguard and War God Talisman on Joon-Gi since he basically gets two turns for everyone else's one, used the Courage Pendant on Kasuga to protect against Amon's grin, and Bracelet of the Four Gods on Eri. Whatever else is up to you.

I used Fulminating Forecast on pretty much every enemy throughout the tower. The only real tough fight was against the biker, necromancer, and hippie because the hippie brainwashed Kasuga and the necromancer thwacked Eri.

For bosses, it's like everyone else said: lightning against Saejima and Tendo, Megaton Throw against Majima, and ice bucket challenges against Kiryu (using both Eri and Saeko since Kiryu famously won't strike a woman). Against Amon, it was all single-target essence attacks until he summons Saejima, Majima, and Kiryu. I then had Joon-Gi use Megaton Throw on Majima, use summons with Kasuga, and multi-hit essence moves with Adachi. Majima was pretty much done once I cycled through one turn and Saejima was at half health. Once Amon used Beast Mode, I had Kasuga use the Mr. Masochist summon, Joon-Gi use miracle kimchi on everyone, then used lightning to take out Saejima. Kiryu at this point was in Rush mode, and his attacks weren't much of a threat there so I focused on bringing down Amon. His orbital strike took out Joon-Gi and stunned Adachi, but thankfully I was able to fully heal the next turn with Kasuga, revive Joon-Gi, and then get back to the beatin'. Kiryu was pretty easy to handle once Amon was down - hit him with ice, heal, repeat. 

Tl;dr version: this dungeon is totally do-able by getting to level 99 with one job, 30 with all the other jobs, maxing out your weapons, and using the enemy weaknesses to pile on the hurt.

I finally did it as well... Thank you everyone for the great tips and strategies, I got insanely crushed by the unfairness of the orbital laser the first couple of times I tried this and now, having followed some of your advices, nailed it first try (with lots of sweaty hands). Most important facts of my run:

- three jobs per person on 99, other jobs on 30-50

- if you, like me, used the stone already that makes the carrier survive one fatal attack (sorry I don't know the English name) : there is a safe in kamurucho that contains it one more time. Combined with kasuga peerless resolve this makes sure that at least 2 ppl survive the laser. I personally didn't need it (bc genius me forgot to equip it before the fight) but might proof useful for others 

- kasuga as hero for buffs and healing, saeko as idol for healing is pretty much a must, they carried my team. Han Joongi was a killer in my run for damage, fourth I first had zhao as bodyguard but then switched for eri as matriarch (however I didn't feel like it made much of a difference) 

- throughout the tower, always peerless resolve and then attack weaknesses, electricity first since the elemental attack has the chance to stun other enemies (altho it took long, this felt like the easy stage for me) 

Amon:

- Han joongi's poison-kick attack (whatever it is in  English) did great damage even if it didn't poison him

- Saeko has sexy pose debuff and healing

- Kasuga has an attack buff for the whole group as hero, and healing 

- use masochist poundmate AS SOON as amon switches to beastmode. 

Im saying this bc in my case it went like this: [Amon] switches to beastmode, [kasuga] uses masochist poundmate, [Saeko] heals all, [Amon] calls the other three, [Amon] uses orbital laser. I didn't expect it to come so early bc he had little less than half life left but it saved my life to play safe here. One of my mates died, unfortunately amon casted the one that induces fear on everyone before I managed to heal back up, but with an unholy amount of luck I somehow managed. Once everyone was back up I spammed essence attacks (not all do a lot of damage tho!) and poundmates. Once amon was done, I worked on saejima (majima died in the process bc of the electric attacks) and last kiryu.

I teared up. Then I deleted the game. 

Edited by Tepp-a

• 3 weeks later...

So i had my 1st crack at this blasted tower today . clocked up 70 hours so far and have my party at 99 with 1 job each on 99 . 1800 Hp each and im getting 1 hit KO'd by the fat chefs and wrestlers never mind the bosses

Guess iv got a few more hours grindage to do before il be properly ready

6 hours ago, NoosaHeadz said:

So i had my 1st crack at this blasted tower today . clocked up 70 hours so far and have my party at 99 with 1 job each on 99 . 1800 Hp each and im getting 1 hit KO'd by the fat chefs and wrestlers never mind the bosses

Guess iv got a few more hours grindage to do before il be properly ready

Well I have to say good luck, three comments above you I posted my setup, I would say if you had done it with only one job at 99 Well done, I had a ‘breeze’ with that setup, I didn’t really feel like I would lose but it was still challenging, unlike the first time I tried it after the final Millennium tower, which was easy no problem with hat one at all, then to get one shotted by the robots on the first floor, again good luck, this was a tiresome trophy, everything else in the game was great

16 hours ago, dj_lalle said:

Well I have to say good luck, three comments above you I posted my setup, I would say if you had done it with only one job at 99 Well done, I had a ‘breeze’ with that setup, I didn’t really feel like I would lose but it was still challenging, unlike the first time I tried it after the final Millennium tower, which was easy no problem with hat one at all, then to get one shotted by the robots on the first floor, again good luck, this was a tiresome trophy, everything else in the game was great

Thanks man iv done a lot more grinding , quite close to the setup you used now . Another 3 hours of this tedious grinding and i should be there 

I used Kasuga - Hero lv99, Saeko - Idol lv99, Han - Hitman lv99 and Zhao - Gangster lv99. Those were the only lv99 jobs I had, other ones I leveled up to 25-30 so I had fire, ice and electric skills on everyone + passive stat gains. I leveled up class weapons to the max (EX EX) and breezed through the TFMT.

My advice:

- upgrade class weapons for Hero, Idol, Hitman and Gangster to the max

- prioritize healing

- bring a lot of mp restoration items

- cast Peerles resolve with Kasuga for every fight (I never had to actually use it, but better safe than sorry)

- put the mouthguard (skills cost less mp) and mp+ equipment on Han - he gets twice as many turns as others

- for the Amon fight put anti-fear equipment on Kasuga and, at very least, Saeko

- after Amon switches to beast mode, let him take 1 turn and then call Mr. Masochist, so you survive the laser

- after the laser, heal everybody up and dispatch the enemies in this order - Amon, Majima, Saejima, Kiryu

Edit: Almost forgot. You can skip the 1st fight on PS4 thanks to slow loading (hold forward as soon as you spawn in) and the fight against yakuza+undertaker right after the clown+loan shark fight (hug the right wall and window).

Edited by amex_svk
  • Like 1

Just finished it, on my first attempt at trying to beat Amon and those Thoughtless clones, no less! But it was super close at times. Got my platinum trophy as well, and couldn't help but scream of joy as the last Thought Entity went down! :D I can confirm you can finish the hardest dungeon without having to max out every single job, but it requires efficient prep work and knowing what you're up against.

I'd like to post my setup and give some pointers to help people out, but most of it coincides with what others have already suggested. I'm going to quickly borrow @PETMAN3000's template and share my personal setup prior to entering the True Final Millennium Tower. ;)

Also, READ THIS GUIDE. It helped me out immensely to make it through in one go!

Party setup

( X = used job)

ICHIBAN 
Freelancer     24        Weapon: Legendary Hero's Bat EX EX (not a typo, I do mean the maximum EX level)
Hero           99 X        Head:   Dragonhelm    
Bodyguard      30       Body:   Dragon Kinagashi
Host           21            Legs:   Dragon Boots
Breaker        21          Accessories:
Foreman        21                Eye of the Dragon    
Musician       21                 Kongo Chainmail
Chef           21
Enforcer       21
Fortuneteller  19

SAEKO
Barmaid        24       Weapon: Celestial Microphone EX +5
Hostess        91       Head:   Strange Helmet
Idol           99 X        Body:   Spectrum Gown
Night Queen    21    Legs:   Dragon Boots
Dealer         21        Accessories:
                                 Kongo Chainmail
                                 War God's Keystone

JOON-GI HAN
Hitman         99 X     Weapon: Darksilver Fists EX +5
Host           17    Head:   Sacred Steel Helmet
Breaker        1     Body:   Aberrant Jacket
Bodyguard    8     Legs:   Dragon Boots
                              Accessories:
                              War God's Keystone
                              Komaki Gloves

ZHAO
Gangster       99 X   Weapon: Curved Crystal Saber EX +4

Musician     24          Head:   Quixotic Helmet

Chef           21          Body:   Quixoticr Armor

Host           21           Legs:   Dragon Boots

Breaker      21          Accessories:

Bodyguard    21         Black Belt
Fortuneteller  21        War God's Keystone
Foreman        21    

Prep work before entering the Tower

- Master the "Perfect Guard" move. It really helps to block some of the damage some of these crazies are capable of inflicting, just to play it safe.

- Get loads of medicine to top off HP and MP all the time, to cure status ailments, revive fallen party members, just everything. Expect to use magic attacks non-stop, so you'll want to take a LOT of MP healing items with you. Make sure your inventory is stocked fully with revival items, healing items and status-clearing items like you're about to take on the whole world. Always helps to put a surplus stash of these items in your item box for when the time comes, but it's not absolutely necessary.

- I mitigated the lack of several levels with certain jobs by leveling up my legendary weapons, so: it doesn't hurt to bring your weapons to around EX +5 level, at the very minimum to make your life easier when you take this tower on!

- Make sure you are fully leveled up, and have at least one job maxed out. Try to max out the rest to at least 20-30 super quick by grinding through the Kamurocho dungeon and focusing only on the groups with the Vagabonds to save time, so you can at least get some easy permanent stat bonuses from the jobs you won't be using, and the magic skills that will prove to be invaluable, such as "Fulminating Forecast" and "Ice Spreader".

- Before you go in: go to a diner and have a meal to provide you with a triple Defense boost. Not necessary, but every bit helps.

- It is technically not necessary to carry loads of cash with you, because each big fight (Saejima, Majima, Tendo and Kiryu) gives you a nice reward so that you have ample cash to summon Poundmates in the final fight with Amon.

The Tower itself

- You can easily run past this first fight as soon as you load in on a PS4. You can make it to the elevator without having to deal with those two bots, which are in my opinion among the hardest assholes in this entire tower, if you can believe it.

- You can also skip the battle on the third floor with the Scarred Yakuza and the Undertaker, by quickly running past them as you hug the wall.

- Don't bother with physical attacks and go all-in with magical attacks, depending on their weaknesses. Again, the entire layout is accurately described here.

- Always have Kasuga use "Peerless Resolve" in every battle as soon as it's his first turn. He's the heart of the party; if he dies, it's over.

- If Kasuga can get a few shots in, fire off "Essense of Orbital Laser" in every battle. Use that move as much as you can, anytime.

- Kasuga is also a great healer, so if Saeko is ever in any trouble or she's KO'd for at least a turn and you need to bring everyone into the green: let him heal the party with "Hero's Embrace".

- Saeko is all-round great for healing everyone as an Idol each turn and handing out a nice fat debuff to the enemies, so: let Saeko focus on using "Lovedrunk Typhoon" for defense debuffs and "Magical Concert" to heal everyone fully, that last one preferably almost each turn.

- Use your Staminan XX drinks in between fights to heal MP and HP (you'll need to replenish your MP especially, a LOT), because you'll be picking up Staminan XX's at regular intervals in the tower, just like in the normal version. Plus, you can always replenish them with leftover Staminan XX drinks and other support items whenever you access your item box, which happens twice in the tower, I believe: once at the stairway, and once at the restaurant on Floor 5 before you confront Tendo.

- Before you head through the doors to fight Amon, remove one of your accessories for each member and equip a Courage Pendant instead on everyone to block his "Malicious Grin" pedo move which could render you all fearful and screw you over indefinitely.

The Final Fight with Amon

This is by far the hardest challenge you'll face in this tower, and dare I say, the entire game. So here's the rundown of how I survived this nerve-wracking ordeal.

1. Use Peerless Resolve immediately on Kasuga!
  2. I presume I don't need to make this clear, but keep healing everyone with Saeko's "Magical Concert" or throwing in a "Lovedrunk Typhoon" if everyone's HP is still at max level for a nice defense debuff.
  3. Use your special blade and blunt attacks on Amon for the first half of his HP bar (those worked well for me), because those are unblockable. I always used Kasuga's "Essence of Bonecrushing Bat", Zhao's "Essense of the Phoenix Blade" and Joon-gi's "Essence of Phantom Drive".
  4. Use the Poundmate "Mr Masochist" AFTER (!) he transitions into Beast Style and invokes "Guard Order", summoning the three Thought Entities of Kiryu, Majima and Saejima. I can not stress enough how much of a godsend Mr Masochist is. Without him and his defense buff, you most likely won't survive the initial barrage of attacks from all four bosses and the Orbital Laser attack following shortly after.
  5. Keep focusing all your attacks on Amon while you wait for him to kick off his Orbital Laser move: he's the most dangerous of all four and he needs to go down first.
  6. If you have a Courage Pendant equipped, it is mandatory to say "fuck you" to the screen when he tries to pull his one-time "Malicious Grin" garbage. It won't give your characters a self-confidence boost, but you'll get one at least.
  7. There's a very good chance some of your party members will die after the Orbital Laser attack. Case in point: almost everyone died in my party, and I was only left with a Kasuga at 529 HP, with "Peerless Resolve" still active! Which ended up saving my damn run, because of the follow-up attacks by the Thought Entities. So if one or more party members fall, instantly focus on reviving them with full HP and MP with a Resurrection Bolus, and have Kasuga heal everyone with "Hero's Embrace" if he's up before Saeko. Use "Peerless Resolve" again in between if you must! I barely escaped complete defeat by doing this, by the skin of my damn teeth.
  8. As soon as everyone is back on their feet and you survived the massive onslaught of the final bosses, it's time to go on the offensive and give them the thrashing of a lifetime. Have Kasuga summon "Guns of the Forefathers" (the Daigo Dojima Poundmate you can buy for 50 Tojo Clan Crests), summon Majima's "Demonfire Rain", summon Saejima's "Raging Tiger Cyclone", just go to town on them by pulling out all the big guns. Use "Essence of Orbital Laser" if your big summons are spent. Keep using those same blade attacks again with Zhao and Joon-gi as described earlier on Amon. He's still priority number one!
  9. Once Amon is down, focus on Majima by exploiting the same weakness (fire) he had a few floors earlier. His attacks can paralyze your members which can complicate matters, that's why he should follow suit.
  10. Once Majima is down, you're pretty much guaranteed of a win unless something goes really horribly wrong. It's four against two at that point, after all. Focus on Saejima and take him down with electric attacks, like "Fulminating Forecast" and "Essence of Orbital Laser".
  11. When Kiryu is the last man standing, dump buckets of ice with "Ice Spreader" on the motherfucker with everyone as if he has ALS.
  12. Once he goes down: get up, dance a jig and bask in the glory! You beat the True Final Millennium Tower, congrats!

I was elated when I beat it a few hours ago, by a very narrow margin. I'm pretty damn proud to say I'm among the group of players who defeated the toughest dungeon in the whole game and nail my very first Yakuza platinum trophy. If anything, it goes to show that you all can beat it too if you're devoted to grind for a few days and take the necessary precautions to deal with what lies ahead. :)

And once more, check out this guide if you need some assistance with the enemies' weaknesses! OP's a hero for putting this together.

Edited by JoaLoft
A lot of strategy goes into tackling the True Final Millennium Tower, lol
  • Like 4

Really struggling with this and i cant seem to run past those stinking robots at the start , they always spawn as i just passed them and i have to fight . I managed to beat them and get all the way to that edison of anarchy knob and they wasted me . I never play RPGs so this is proving a massive pain in the ass . Iv leveled up way past any of you guys now and still get splattered . iv got the girls maxed on every job and the guys maxed on 4  and 30 - 75 on the rest .2000+ hp and still get KOd in 1 hit . Im not 1 for giving up but its really getting annoying now

If anyone is still having difficulty in raising everything to lv99 then read this from pstrophies.com

I suggest farming Invested Vagabond enemies in the Kaurocho Underground Sewers. There are 4 of them that appear on floor B2F and they offer around 400,000+ job experience when defeated.

Also don't forget to add your job/level exp boosts while doing it

you can find the items here

https://www.neoseeker.com/yakuza-like-a-dragon/walkthrough/Job_EXP_Boosters

i am not sure if Kaurocho underground sewer only unlocks in premium adventure.  

I have a video showing how I did the Job XP grind at the start of this thread

Also today I beat the final millennium tower on my first attempt (ps5 version), here's a video of my run if anyone wants to use it as a reference, only maxed out 4 jobs for each character and breezed through it without many issues, hope it helps anyone struggling. 

Did it...

The final Amon boss is easy on the true millennium tower, you have to pick them off before the orbital laser hits. Basically, when Amon calls in the others with Royal Guard, pick/fight/stay on one enemy making sure you don't do any damage to Amon whatsoever as there is a certain point of weakness where he will call the laser.

i took out

Majima first, then

Saejima , then

Kiryu and then finally

Amon. 

Hope this works, let me know please

Edited by SepsVampFrench

11 hours ago, SepsVampFrench said:

Did it...

The final Amon boss is easy on the true millennium tower, you have to pick them off before the orbital laser hits. Basically, when Amon calls in the others with Royal Guard, pick/fight/stay on one enemy making sure you don't do any damage to Amon whatsoever as there is a certain point of weakness where he will call the laser.

i took out

Majima first, then

Saejima , then

Kiryu and then finally

Amon. 

Hope this works, let me know please

I finally did it too . I did Majima , then Amon then Saejima and Kiryu-san last.

Almost got KOd a few times on the way but got some luck when i needed it.

Didnt notice anyone mention but the Fulminating Forecast move is good for fighting the groups of goons it always leaves 1 or 2 paralysed , the goons are definitly way tougher than the bosses ,

Courage pendants all round for the Amon fight

Bracelet of four gods on kasuga from the start

Also didnt see folk mention you can use nanba healing bolus to heal everyone between fights without using him in the party, saw some dude do it on Youtube its a godsend

The tower is gruelling but great feeling of satisfaction to beat it

My favourate game of the year 2020 for sure

Edited by NoosaHeadz