True final millennium tower

hybridhero102

Just beat it. I'll agree that the panic *might* not have been warranted, but I can you tell I was feeling it at the Amon fight. Thank goodness I had enough money for retries lol.

So yeah, you def don't need to grind all or most jobs to 99. After doing it with the main job and a second I began to question a great many things and decided to just get a bunch of jobs to at least 30 for the rest. Didn't even level all jobs (for the men) to 30. Following the various tips and strategies posted online (gamefaqs and reddit have some clutch info tbh), you can pick the jobs with the skills that you will need. I did have to end up grinding the battle arena a little for stuff and got my main 4 weapons to EX, didn't even do more than +2 for them (except Ichi, who I did get to EX EX).

The tower itself was not all that bad, it just takes a long damn time. Only had one fight where Ichi went down and I was sweating a bit to get back to his turn to recast peerless. 

The Amon fight tho was indeed a bit of a bitch. It's not even all that hard either, but the RNG of getting paralyzed or not after the laser basically makes or breaks you. Had to do that fight 3 or 4 times before I won.

All in all, there was def a good amount of grinding, probably at least 10-15 hours post game- although I def grinded a good amount of time during the game at the battle arena (some of that was also grinding minigames to get the damn personality skills up the last little bit), but nowhere close to that 30 hour mark that I was dreading for the entire game lol).

Just a fantastic game, gonna be a high contender for my GOTY.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just came here to share my setup. Beat it on my first try btw :)

Used the following:

- Ichi (hero 99). Side jobs that I levelled up to 30 were enforcer, foreman, freelancer (not necessary lol don't even know why I levelled it up), host (for bucket of ice move), fortuneteller(fulminating forecast saved my bacon a lot because that paralysis status is op!)

- Han (assassin 99). Side jobs I levelled to 30 were enforcer, foreman, fortuneteller, host, bodyguard (not necessary imo), breaker. 

- Zhao (gangster 99) Side jobs I levelled to 30 were enforcer, foreman, fortuneteller, host, breaker, musician (not necessary imo). 

- Saeko (idol 99). Levelled up all the female jobs to 30 except dealer. That was kept at 1 because I didn't find the skills useful. And actually, I levelled up night queen to about 50 whilst grinding the male characters because you get a nice HP and attack boost. 

As for the fights themselves, I never had to use peerless resolve nor did I have to use my stone of resurrection on Ichi so that was good. 

Some tips (won't share the common ones that were already said before)

- equip courage pendant on kasuga and your healer during the Amon fight. His malicious grin caused my han and Zhao to become fearful.. so that saved my bacon there as I worked to remove that status ailment

- use kimchiiiiiiiiiiii! Especially at the start of the Amon fight. I used it on Han and Zhao early on vs Amon and literally melted his HP before he summoned the other thought entities. Can't believe that people don't often mention this nor did the guides that I saw online. It gives you a massive turn boost back to back. 

But yea overall in summary, I felt that the hardest fight tbh were the lower level enemies especially Tendo. Dude is built like a tank.

In my closing statement, and some final thoughts I'd like to share is when grinding, just work to get the useful skills only and don't worry about the other jobs. You definitely don't need to get them to 99 nor do you need to get all jobs to 30 either. Just focus on what you think will be useful like making an effort to level up Foreman and enforcer for the nice HP, defense and MP boosts. Good luck out there! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

You DO NOT NEED ALL/MOST JOBS MAXED OUT like some people are saying. I did it with only one job at 99 for each character and the some other jobs at 30-50, you really dont need any more than that.

Also, buy Kimchi, it really helps in the Amon fight. 

From what I read 'maxed out jobs' means level 30 for them, while you get the trophies at this point too. So you get two easy skills for each job which could be useful (or not) and a little bonus attack and so on without too much effort.

Also from what I read host, foreman and fortune teller are a nearly must have, due to their elemental attacks across the jobs (status ailments + possible weakness)

• 1 month later...

True Final Millennium Tower was absolutely brutal! The final fight was the toughest for sure -- against the whole team of Amon and Company. Make sure you bring lots of Kimchis for that +AGILITY boost! Can't do it without them! I went through all 10 Kimchi in one fight. Towards the end I only Kimchi'd Ichiban and Saeko.

One thing I didn't realize until the end of the game: Store potions and items in your Item Box to reduce stress climbing the True Final Tower! When you go to the store/Pharmacy to buy healing items it'll usually only let you buy up to 10. But then you store 10 in the Item Box and go back to buy 10 more. Not the fastest way to stock up but it would definitely take a lot of pressure off, having some extra Mana Potions for the Tower climb.

Here was my final team setup:

Ichiban [Hero Lv.99] EX EX Bat

Saeko [Idol Lv.99] EX +5 Microphone

Zhao [Host Lv.99] EX +5 Bottle

Joon-gi [Hitman Lv.99] EX +3 Knuckles

A guide I read says that Kiryu won't attack you for a while but I swear he was attacking me the whole time, albiet not much damage. Trying to AoE the whole group was not the way to go, focusing on Amon first is definitely the best. After he casts his AoE Fear Spell he will use Orbital Laser which killed every character except Zhao for some reason. Always keep your Peerless Resolve up!

Fight definitely gets easier as you take down each boss. Less incoming damage. Saeko as an Idol was a decent damage dealer too, Tag Team, and I never ran out of mana with her. I'd suggest maxing Dealer for her for all the Agility boosts so she gets more/faster turns. Joon-gi / Hitman was not my favorite character to have in party but he's basically essential because of his high Agility and ability to do two turns in a row some times.

Good luck! Now I gotta work on the Dragon Kart stuff. ?

• 6 months later...

Woohoo! Complete!

Did the dungeon first time - but died twice on the Amon fight.

1st death - mostly because using the miracle kimchi on Kasuga meant Amon did the Orbital Laser way later than expected. So Mr Masochist was cast too soon.

2nd death - Saeko was paralysed and couldn't heal my party quick enough, my dumb fault for gambling on attacks to kill one guy instead of healing for sure! You have to make smart decisions in this fight ?

I would say definitely kill Amon and Majima asap to reduce damage taken - rather than trying to damage all foes constantly.

Then do Saejima, and lastly Kiryu.

Only had 3 jobs at lvl99 for each member. I was grinding for the 4th and just said "fuck it" and went for it - so glad I did!!

I used Kasuga (Hero), Saeko (Idol), Zhao (Gangster) and Joon-gi Han (Hitman).

I even fluffed up a bit as only Saeko had Ice abilities. So when this happened Kasuga had to be my healer for the fight!

• 2 months later...

I have read through most of this thread and it seems like the regular mob fights are pretty tedious in the True Final Millennium Tower. I have been using the Smoke Bomb item to help speed up my job leveling in the Kamurocho Dungeon. Can the Smoke Bomb be used in the TFMT? Seems like it would make it a lot easier and faster. To get around the limit of 10 store some in the item box.

That's my plan of action right now at least. Of course I need to get several jobs to level 99 first. The grind is real in this game. 

Edit: The Smoke Bomb is disabled in the TFMT ?

Edit 2: Thanks to all the tips in this thread, I beat it on my first try!

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 8:14 PM, da-Noob123 said:

I have read through most of this thread and it seems like the regular mob fights are pretty tedious in the True Final Millennium Tower. I have been using the Smoke Bomb item to help speed up my job leveling in the Kamurocho Dungeon. Can the Smoke Bomb be used in the TFMT? Seems like it would make it a lot easier and faster. To get around the limit of 10 store some in the item box.

That's my plan of action right now at least. Of course I need to get several jobs to level 99 first. The grind is real in this game. 

Edit: The Smoke Bomb is disabled in the TFMT 1f611.png

Edit 2: Thanks to all the tips in this thread, I beat it on my first try!

Congrats! I always forget that if you die you can pay money to revive and try the fight again, so as long as you have a clean run through the tower up to the final boss you can have 2-3 attempts at it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hybridhero102 said:

Congrats! I always forget that if you die you can pay money to revive and try the fight again, so as long as you have a clean run through the tower up to the final boss you can have 2-3 attempts at it

That is true, completely forgot about it myself as I very rarely had to make use of it during the campaign. If you brought the drink that increases money earned post battle for use against the 4 thought entities you'd probably have enough for 4 attempts. Throw in Peerless Resolve and a Sacrificial Stone and I guess it is almost impossible to not make it through unless something goes horribly wrong consecutively. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I completed TFMT like a month ago, and it wasn't that bad. Requires a little bit of farming but it's very very doable. My setup:

• Ichiban: Hero, OFC. Rest of the jobs at 30-35.
  • Saeko: Idol. Rest of the jobs around 30, except for Dealer at 60 (girls had less jobs than guys, so they can raise their levels more. Very recommended to raise specially Dealer, since it gives tons of Agility)
  • Nanba: Homeless. Rest of the jobs around 30-35.
  • Han: Assassins. Rest of the jobs around 30-35.

You can raise a job from 1 to 30 in barely 20 min farming Vagabonds in Kamurocho dungeon. Also remember that you can equip 2 items at the same time that grant Job XP bonuses. You can buy a lot of them in Fumie's secret shop.

Gear for everyone: Dragon Boots, Cyber Helmet, Dragon Kinagashi. All weapons EX+3/4 (only Ichiban with EX +7)
Accesories:

• Ichiban: Bracelet of Four Gods + Eye of the Dragon
  • Saeko: Soulshield bracelet + War God's keystone
  • Nanba: Soulshield bracelet + War God's keystone
  • Han: Eye of the Dragon + Transcendent Insoles
  • Having one of the reserve characters with Hariti's Amulet (to skip the first pull)

OFC, having a huge stock of Staminans, Tauriners, Bentos, Boles, etc. It's also very recommended to go to Chinatown and being full of Almond Jelly and Mango Pudding. Those are very cheap items, can stock 30/50 of them and they recover a significant amount of MP (and some HP too). They're the best to keep you fresh of MP between fights.

Blasting through all fights spamming Fulminating Forecast to cause paralysis ASAP. Cast with Ichiban Peerless Resolve in every fight, just in case, practice Perfect Guard (it's an absolutely livesaver, belive me) and debuff the Attack/Deffense of all enemies with Malodorous Stench. Hit all of them with the strongest attacks that you have. If you bring tons of healing items with you, MP should not be a problem between fights, so don't go cheap.

There is a couple of fights that can be skipped if you are fast enough. Do it if you can. Notice also that Saejima has a different weakness than in the Final Millenium Tower (in the True one he is weak to Lightning instead of Ice).

For Amon, equip all your characters with Courage Pendants (except for Ichiban, he should have the Bracelet of Four Gods, which make him immune to ALL ailments) but keep the Eye of the Dragons/War Gods keystone accesories because you will need the overall stats buffs. And, if you have one, equip Ichiban with a Sacrifice Stone (just in case). Cast Peerless Resolve first with him. Hit him with Essences (don't go with regular attacks or skills, because he can dodge them. Essences he cannot) and be aware to perform Perfect Guards when he strikes. When he summons the 3 entities, make Nanba cast Malodorous Stench in all of them and keep the debuff up all the time. Be ready to cast Mr. Masochist after Amon changes to beast style, and be full of life before he cast the Laser (even with the defense buff of Mr. Masochist, it hits VERY hard). Cast Hero's Embrace with Kasuga to recover full life with everyone or with Saeko if her turns came first. If some of your allies have paralysis, heal them with Kasuga or Saeko. Then focus on Amon (use Essences), Majima (use Heavy fire attacks, like Essence of Pyro Prison or Megaton Throws), Saejima (full Fulminating Forecasts or Orbital Lassers) and then Kiryu (bath him in Ice cubes). If everyone is full of life and you have Saeko's turn, use her to recover some MP with bentos. Done.

One thing, if Ichiban has a Sacrifice Stone and Peerless Resolve and he dies, the Sacrifice Stone will go first. So if he dies, don't waste a turn renewing the Peerless Resolve, cuz he already will have it.

And another thing. If you feel like cleaning the TFMT a second time and onwards, beating Amon will grant you 300 million yen. Just FYI.

Edited by Galserik
  • Like 1