Guidewriter's Headquarters

Dreggit

• 6 months later...

I have one small question. It has been 9 years since I have done a guide. When I copy and paste the trophy link into the stage portion of the guide and save changes I still see the link. Will that change once the quide is submitted for review and eventually published?

I am using a Google chrome book.

35 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I have one small question. It has been 9 years since I have done a guide. When I copy and paste the trophy link into the stage portion of the guide and save changes I still see the link. Will that change once the quide is submitted for review and eventually published?

I am using a Google chrome book.

When linking to trophies, please use the following method.

o502m9p.gif

When assigning trophies to a guide Stage, please use the following method.

https://i.imgur.com/CKR6L94.mp4

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

e159bce32d.png

Any chance that could get turned into a Guide symbol to represent the entire D-Pad as a whole? Say for example, if a game allows you to control it with the d-pad - so, rather than having: up, down, left and right as separate symbols in a line, as that wouldn't suffice and would look out of place; we could have the d-pad as a whole single symbol; as-well-as the separate symbols we already have.

Larger; in case: ff13b52201.png
EDIT: It appears the transparency is lost; but I have an image with the transparency if needed.

EDIT 2: Any chance we can come to a community consensus about adding some additional Trophy Guide tags - one example I'd like could be: Skill Dependant, or, Practise Necessary/Needed  - I'd prefer those for Trophies where I don't feel any of the other tags fit it, so better they be tagged with something than left untagged, no?

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have one quick question: Can a guide I write be submitted and published even though I don't have platinum in that particular game? ?

The guide I'm writing will most likely be finished before I obtain the last trophy (it's PVP kill related and takes a long time because the game tends to crash a lot). Would be great to know if I have to get platinum before submitting the guide or if it's unnecessary :D

5 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I have one quick question: Can a guide I write be submitted and published even though I don't have platinum in that particular game? ?

The guide I'm writing will most likely be finished before I obtain the last trophy (it's PVP kill related and takes a long time because the game tends to crash a lot). Would be great to know if I have to get platinum before submitting the guide or if it's unnecessary :D

Trust me, on this website it is not necessary to have the plat before your guide gets published

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I have one quick question: Can a guide I write be submitted and published even though I don't have platinum in that particular game? 1f914.png

You do need the plat, but I'm sure they make exceptions for grindy games like that. Just make sure to explain on the trophy why it'd take so long, and why it's just a grind that doesn't take "skill".

If it is a trophy that takes skill and effort outside of time commitment, I don't think they'd let you. But if it's jist a grind, should be good

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Trust me, on this website it is not necessary to have the plat before your guide gets published

9 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

You do need the plat, but I'm sure they make exceptions for grindy games like that. Just make sure to explain on the trophy why it'd take so long, and why it's just a grind that doesn't take "skill".

If it is a trophy that takes skill and effort outside of time commitment, I don't think they'd let you. But if it's jist a grind, should be good

Guess I should try and get platinum before submitting then.
Thanks for answering guys :D

• 3 months later...

I have a question regarding DLC Guides :D

I wrote the platinum guide for Trove, and I'm currently working on the Trove DLC guides.
In the DLC guides, can I make a link to a platinum guide trophy, or should this be avoided? And if the link is not allowed, can I refer to the platinum guide trophy? ?

7 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I have a question regarding DLC Guides :D

I wrote the platinum guide for Trove, and I'm currently working on the Trove DLC guides.
In the DLC guides, can I make a link to a platinum guide trophy, or should this be avoided? And if the link is not allowed, can I refer to the platinum guide trophy? 1f914.png

Yes it's fine to do that. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am currently writing a Trophy Guide for Blasphemous II and I'm experiencing some minor inconveniences : I can't add pictures from my computer or any other source unless I link them (when I click on upload or anything, either the pop-in closes on itself or I get an error message) and the Spoiler tag erases my text layouts (no bold, no italic, etc.). This might not be the best place to ask for help, but I'd like to make my Guide look readable 😕

Edited by Dr_Rwede

15 minutes ago, Dr_Rwede said:

Hello, I am currently writing a Trophy Guide for Blasphemous II and I'm experiencing some minor inconveniences : I can't add pictures from my computer or any other source unless I link them (when I click on upload or anything, either the pop-in closes on itself or I get an error message) and the Spoiler tag erases my text layouts (no bold, no italic, etc.). This might not be the best place to ask for help, but I'd like to make my Guide look readable 😕

Images have got to be JPEGs or GIFs under 2mb, anything larger or in another format and the image loader goes nuts :(. We've been having issues with adding images, ever since Imgur changed their T&Cs a few months ago so the only ways to add images are to either upload them to a hosting site somewhere then add them as hyperlinks or upload them directly from your hard drive :(. Also, Spoiler tags are a buggy PITA to get working properly on the main site, which is why I very rarely use them so just stick a large spoiler warning in Stage 1 instead and forget about using them at all.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The images have got to be JPEGs under 2mb, anything larger and the image loader goes nuts :(. We've been having issues with adding images, ever since Imgur changed their T&Cs a few months ago so the only ways to add images are to either upload them to a hosting site somewhere and add them as hyperlinks or upload them directly from your hard drive :(. Spoiler tags are a buggy PITA to get working properly on the main site, which is why I very rarely use them and just stick a large spoiler warning in Stage 1 instead.

Thanks for the JPG size limit, I had no idea.

Unfortunately, I will have to go without spoilers, which is totally uncool, since I will definitely spoil the good ending and how to get it... Well, thank for the answer :)

EDIT : Uploading them directly from my computer will certainly be the best course of action... But I will have to be very thorough in my captures...

Edited by Dr_Rwede

• 5 months later...

Hopefully this is the right place to make feature suggestions for guides.

I think some games should have multiple difficult/time ratings. Many puzzle games are much shorter and trivially easy if you follow a guide rather than figuring things out for yourself. On a similar note, visual novels will obviously take much longer if you actually read them. There are also games that can be made much easier if you commit a lot of time to grinding or can be played in a more time-efficient but challenging manner.

I've seen at least one other site with guides like this. They'll say something like "2/10 difficulty with a guide, 4/10 without" because it's not a single setting within the guide. I'm thinking the Guide Settings screen can have an option to add an alternate overview section and add a note about why it would apply.

Not sure if this is the right place to report a problem but both my guides for Digimon Survive have been stuck in the review queue for months now. I've tried taking them out of the queue and resubmitting them but it didn't do anything and i wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do next. Seems to be some sort of site issue just hoping a mod can sort it out

cheers

• 1 month later...