I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

hi mate,

im using your website frequently and its awesome but this weeks sale on the german page doesnt work at all. on wednesday everything was fine but yesterday it changed.

if I choose the "all discounts" tab, most of the games listed aren´t on sale:

Tomb raider is listed for 2,99 ➡️ but at the store it costs 19,99

but when I click on the "more games added" window it shows the correct discounted games and there is no tomb rider in it.

Edited by da_eMTy

Good!

Oh and on a side note, the game "Cel Damage HD" for PS4 doesn't appear when the region is set to Italy, but it's not delisted!

https://platprices.com/game/9226-cel-damage-hd-ps4?userregion=US

https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP2119-NPEJ00330_00-B000000000001117

If i change the region the game doesn't appear in the search results!

Edited by Lance_87

21 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

A few updates to report:

• Expiration dates for PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium game offers are now displayed by PlatPrices. They're displayed on the main game page in the big blue "Buy" box at the top of the page, and also on search result pages. If no expiration date displays, that means that one is currently not set by Sony, so it's a permanent-ish game on the service.
  • You can now sort the PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium pages by the game's expiration date, and you can sort all search pages by the discount end date:
    2oBTr9H.png

This is greatly useful! What will be the cut-off time? I can see on the example 23 days but to have an idea of how much of an advantage we will have. Also, none of them appeared on the search, had to enter in the game it self, still no notification, refresh and then it would show on the game and on the search page (but only for that game) Dunno if because it's a new update if it will take some time to adjust itself. (sometimes that would happen for a discount on a game for a list that wasn't yet updated on the website, might be that again). 

And the next update with playtime looks sweet ?

10 hours ago, Rejim said:

This is greatly useful! What will be the cut-off time? I can see on the example 23 days but to have an idea of how much of an advantage we will have. Also, none of them appeared on the search, had to enter in the game it self, still no notification, refresh and then it would show on the game and on the search page (but only for that game)

There is no cut-off time: if an expiration date has been entered by Sony, then PlatPrices will show it. Most games don't have an expiration date entered by Sony though, so presumably they will be there for a long time.

And yeah, in some of the lesser-used regions on PlatPrices, the expiration dates might not be completely up-to-date yet. This should sort itself out a bit as time goes on, but in general making games stay better up-to-date (without constantly pounding Sony's servers) is on my to-do list.

Unrelated: I made a change tonight that should make PlatPrices a bit quicker. If anyone has difficulty accessing the site now, please let me know.

• Like 2

I noticed a new glitch with the site. It confuses regular discounts with PS+ discounts now. Example:

https://platprices.com/game/3968-yakuza-6-the-song-of-life?userregion=US

The game is $5 for everyone but your site says you need PS+. This also messes up the "sort by discount %" in the wishlist.

It also doesn't list the new sale on the front page. Maybe the two issues are related.

Great site by the way, I find it very helpful!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, masnevets said:

I noticed a new glitch with the site. It confuses regular discounts with PS+ discounts now.

It also doesn't list the new sale on the front page. Maybe the two issues are related.

Thanks for the bug report. That PS+ issue definitely isn't happening site-wide, so I'll have to look into why it's happening on that particular game. Edit: Wait, it's happening on tons of Yakuza games, and a random assortment of others too. But when I re-scan them, the non-PS+ discount is properly applied... this is really weird. Edit: Oh wait, I think I know what's happening. OK, fix incoming.

And yeah, sorry about the sale not appearing on the front page today. I realized late last night that Sony changed how one of their APIs works, and it was too late for me to implement a fix. Unrelated issue. I should have a fix for that coded up in time for next week's sale.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Thanks for the bug report. That PS+ issue definitely isn't happening site-wide, so I'll have to look into why it's happening on that particular game. Edit: Wait, it's happening on tons of Yakuza games, and a random assortment of others too. But when I re-scan them, the non-PS+ discount is properly applied... this is really weird. Edit: Oh wait, I think I know what's happening. OK, fix incoming.

Thanks, it looks like it is fixed now, but there appears to be a strange issue with "sort by discount %" now in which games that are not on sale are being listed between games that are, and also the actual sorting isn't correct anyway:

https://imgur.com/a/ySWM7GY

Edited by masnevets

• 2 weeks later...

Did something happen to the page? it hasn't been updated in days and the recent sale of games under $20 isn't on the front page (discounts show up just fine if they're on your wish list or you search for them individually).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Katt said:

Did something happen to the page? it hasn't been updated in days and the recent sale of games under $20 isn't on the front page (discounts show up just fine if they're on your wish list or you search for them individually).

I believe that bug was reported a couple of weeks ago:

On 17/08/2022 at 7:08 PM, NathanielJohn said:

And yeah, sorry about the sale not appearing on the front page today. I realized late last night that Sony changed how one of their APIs works, and it was too late for me to implement a fix. Unrelated issue. I should have a fix for that coded up in time for next week's sale.

I wonder if the site will ever distinguish between content available for free to everyone and the content that becomes free only after buying other things like Season Passes and things like that... i keep seeing stuff "Unavailable for purchase" because i don't own certain other things...

• Like 1

I've been using the old Chihiro API to keep my own wishlist and use it to fetch prices (and video/images). Just today I noticed that API is no longer getting the new sale prices listed.

The store shows it a discount, yet the API does not (under "default_sku" > "rewards").

https://store.playstation.com/nl-nl/product/EP0700-PPSA02154_00-LITTLENIGHTS2000

https://store.playstation.com/store/api/chihiro/00_09_000/container/NL/nl/999/EP0700-PPSA02154_00-LITTLENIGHTS2000

This might be the wrong place to ask, but how do you call the new API? My Google-fu isn't helping me on this issue.
https://web.np.playstation.com/api/graphql/v1//op?operationName=productRetrieveForCtasWithPrice&variables={"productId"%3A"EP0700-PPSA02154_00-LITTLENIGHTS2000"}&extensions={"persistedQuery"%3A{"version"%3A1%2C"sha256Hash"%3A"8532da7eda369efdad054ca8f885394a2d0c22d03c5259a422ae2bb3b98c5c99"}}

A straight up URL gives me the necessary data ("data" > "productRetrieve" > "webctas" > "price"), but when I try calling it via jQuery get or ajax I get a (most annoying) CORS issue.

4 minutes ago, Shikotei-kun said:

CORS

Yep, that's a security measure inside browsers. I'm not sure about exact setup of your project but there are multiple ways to bypass -- either proxying the request through another server or modifying request headers with a Chrome extension.

Nathan is doing requests from his backend servers so he is not limited by CORS.

Edited by HusKy

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Yep, that's a security measure inside browsers. I'm not sure about exact setup of your project but there are multiple ways to bypass -- either proxying the request through another server or modifying request headers with a Chrome extension.

Nathan is doing requests from his backend servers so he is not limited by CORS.

Right now the project is a 1-page flat HTML with some javascript/jQuery functions to handle API calls and process JSON.

If it's something I have to alter to my calls (like adding headers) I can do that. If I need to migrate the code to a server that's also an option.

By proxying through a server, do you mean to redirect the current jQuery call to [my server] and let it call the API via PHP or similar non-JS language?