I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

On 18.11.2020 at 11:43 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Hey folks, I've been working on a trophy-hunter-friendly version of the PSN web store for the past month or so (ever since Sony re-launched their webstore), and it's now ready for people to take it for a spin:

PlatPrices.com

Features:

1. Wishlist, library, and hide lists.
    You can keep track of games you are interested in (and optionally receive e-mail notifications when they go on sale), games you own, and games you want to hide (i.e., games you have no interest in). You can optionally have the site hide games that are in your library as well (so that you don't see them when browsing sales, for example).

2. Trophy list, guide, difficulty, and time-to-platinum integration.
    Game pages have links to their trophy list on PSNProfiles, as well as guides on all major sites (PSNProfiles guides are displayed first when they exist). A difficulty and time estimate is also provided for games, and that info is also displayed when browsing lists of games. Here is what the top of the page for Final Fantasy VII Remake looks like, for example (the "Trophies" text at the top-right links to the trophy list on PSNP):

waA5Rlg.png

3. Search and sort based on price, difficulty, time to platinum, and so on.
    Want to find all free games with a platinum? You can do that.
    Want to sort all Assassin's Creed games by trophy difficulty? You can do that.
    Want to find all games that are currently on sale and have a platinum, and sort them by platinum completion time? You can do that.
    Only have $4.54 in your wallet and you want to find all games that cost $4.54 or less and have a trophy difficulty of no more than 2/10? You can do that too.

4. Prices in other regions.
    Everything described above works in any region of the PS store, and you can see if a game is cheaper in another region at a glance on its game page. You can also hop directly to other regions so that you can quickly buy a game in multiple regions (if you're into stacking trophy lists).

5. Screenshots and trailers.
    Screenshots and trailers are displayed for most games, unlike on the official PSN web store.

More features will be incoming soon, and the trophy database is still a work in progress (like I said, I only started this a bit over a month ago) that will improve over time. Your feedback, feature requests, and corrections to trophy information are very appreciated. If you see a game that is missing a guide link, let me know about it (and give me the guide link). If you are familiar with a game that does not currently have a difficulty estimate, give me your difficulty estimate for it. Etc.

Thanks to @baboon_overlord for helping me beta test it over the past week or so.

Please add PS3/Vita support :(

7 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

That's not true. You can still see info & whatnot for PS3 content.

Although there are information about games and avatars, last week when I tried to search for some PS3 avatar packs, PSPrices displayed them as "Withdrawn from sale" (delisted?) while I could still buy them from the PS3 store, so the information is not 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, Zenpai said:

https://imgur.com/a/bQ4zzUa

Pretty sure this does not count as "empty".

What the hell is that free God of War III? I don't remember a digital version of GOW3 on PS3.

Also, Ascension for 15€? Are you sure it's not some leftover from a sale made several months/years ago?

In any case, the request to add PS3/Vita support on PlatPrices is still impossible.

Edited by Lance_87

Now that the PS3/Vita support argument is over....

@NathanielJohn Have you seen my earlier comment? I still do not see these games on Platprices.

On 2021-10-06 at 9:52 AM, gruffiiti said:

@NathanielJohn

Hey... Your site must be missing some scans as I was looking for the PS5 version of Judgment (PS4 version only shows up) and a game called TOEM (PS5) that was released Sept 17, 2021 which isn't on your site. Also just noticed now that The Sinking City Deluxe Edition PS5 that was in my wishlist disappeared?!?  Somethings weird... maybe a PS5 scan issue??

@NathanielJohn I just found this website through googling things and I've immediately shifted my wishlist over. Incredible work! Honestly, you've created a pretty amazing thing here. Pleeease keep up the good work because I can't think of a better alternative for how you've catalogued everything.

Tormented Souls also doesn't seem to be popping up in the US store. A button for reporting missing games could be useful.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@NathanielJohn Not sure if you are even paying attention to this thread anymore as many comments/suggestions have not been addressed. I still do not see The Sinking City [PS5] or Toem [PS5] on your website and now today after I clicked through on Crosscode [PS5] to the PSN store it disappeared from my wishlist. Is there an issue with [PS5] titles?

@NathanielJohn Dude you are freaking amazing. I use your site constantly now! Major props for all you've done for the trophy hunting community. 

As a feature request, could I ask that genre be a filterable category? Be great to be able to find Fighting games with not-so-hard platinums or JRPGs under 50hrs etc.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

@NathanielJohn Not sure if you are even paying attention to this thread anymore as many comments/suggestions have not been addressed.

Apologies -- I am paying attention to it, I just haven't had much time to implement new features lately. Just "routine maintenance" on the site (e.g., keeping up with new guides/trophy list links etc) takes a fair bit of time.

I'm not sure what's going on with TOEM or those other games yet. I've tried a few "quick and easy" things, and none of them worked. My site scrapes those pages, but isn't able to pick up the price from them for some reason, which means the price is stored for those games in a different way on Sony's site than it is for other games. No idea why. Not impossible to fix, but something that requires mucking around in code, which I haven't had a chance to do yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fanatico1981 said:

I have a strange behaviour since a few days.

I switch to US and start a search.

Suddenly the region changes to UK.

Sorry about that -- I had partially configured a service called Ezoic for my server a couple months ago, but never actually activated it. Suddenly without warning, Ezoic took it upon themselves to activate their service on my site two days ago, which (because I hadn't actually finished configuration) caused all sorts of wonkiness over these past few days.

I de-activated Ezoic yesterday, but then mind-bogglingly they *re-activated* it themselves, again without checking with me.

Anyway, I've finished up the configuration, so I believe that this particular issue should now be fixed. If it occurs again, please let me know the exact URL that it occurs on.

Edited by NathanielJohn

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Sorry about that -- I had partially configured a service called Ezoic for my server a couple months ago, but never actually activated it. Suddenly without warning, Ezoic took it upon themselves to activate their service on my site two days ago, which (because I hadn't actually finished configuration) caused all sorts of wonkiness over these past few days.

I de-activated Ezoic yesterday, but then mind-bogglingly they *re-activated* it themselves, again without checking with me.

Anyway, I've finished up the configuration, so I believe that this particular issue should now be fixed. If it occurs again, please let me know the exact URL that it occurs on.

Thanks for the quick fix

On 11/10/2021 at 7:00 PM, gruffiiti said:

I had a feeling it might be something on Sony's side. They always seem to be mucking about with stuff.

Thanks for confirming you are aware of this. I know you are busy so I will wait and watch for a fix.

The issue that was causing TOEM (and some other games) to not appear on the site is now fixed. Some of them are up already, and the rest will slowly trickle in over the next day or two.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...