I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

Very user friendly and convenient for those looking for the right games! One issue though, is that some of the time estimates are completely off. For example, Pac-Man: Championship Edition 2 takes maybe 15-25 hours for the average gamer, maybe 10 if they’re really good. 2-3 hours is completely unreasonable. Another example is Human Fall Flat, which takes roughly 5-15 hours to platinum, depending on how much time it takes to get used to the controls, not 37-50 hours. Apart from that, the websites great!

15 minutes ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Pac-Man: Championship Edition 2 takes maybe 15-25 hours for the average gamer, maybe 10 if they’re really good. 2-3 hours is completely unreasonable. Another example is Human Fall Flat, which takes roughly 5-15 hours to platinum, depending on how much time it takes to get used to the controls, not 37-50 hours.

Thanks, those are fixed now. Unfortunately it seems like there was a glitch when importing time/difficulty estimates from my old trophy wiki.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

i know it may be a lot of work but what a re the chances of adding ps3 and vita games at all to the store??

out of interest :)

Essentially 0%, sorry. Sony doesn't support buying PS3 or Vita games via their web store anymore, and nothing I can do can get around that.

3 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

I can't find items like AC Syndicate Season Pass.

DLC and season passes are currently only listed on the game's page (so on https://ps5storefront.com/en-us/game/3636-assassins-creed-syndicate in this case, down in the "DLC and add-ons" section). A few people have mentioned that they would like to see them in search results too, so that's on the to-do- list.

5 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

DLC and season passes are currently only listed on the game's page (so on https://ps5storefront.com/en-us/game/3636-assassins-creed-syndicate in this case, down in the "DLC and add-ons" section). A few people have mentioned that they would like to see them in search results too, so that's on the to-do- list.

Alright, thanks!

However, it doesn't seem to list every DLC and Season Pass on the French version

https://ps5storefront.com/fr-fr/game/20876-assassins-creed-syndicate

Here's an idea that would be neat. To add games on the platform as they are announced but not yet available on the store (and to add an option to receive an email when it is).

It's something I miss on the PS Store, I actually had to create a Youtube wishlist in which I added trailers of games I was interested in.

Edited by bosstristan

14 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

-Ability to customize what prices we see.  Other regions are great, but not everyone is interested in that or even all regions.  Maybe an option to set what regions show

This is now implemented. Prices in other regions are now collapsed on the game page by default (they were taking up quite a bit of room for an admittedly niche feature), but can be expanded by clicking on the "Show" button. Also, in your user settings you can override this and make it so that other regions prices are expanded (i.e., not collapsed) by default. Also, in the settings page you can now pick and choose exactly which region prices are displayed to you (so if you're only interested in prices from a handful of regions, you can select just those regions).

• Like 3

Finally! A store where you can see actual gameplay and screen shots. I often browse the PS store and find a new game that looks interesting but i'm forced google or youtube gameplay since the new pos store does not show any of that. This has everything! I can finally restart my wishlist again! Thanks!

Only thing i want is a way for the site to remember what order i chose to show my wishlist and browse all games. i.e release date, price etc.

It's very minor but still nice to not have to do it each time you check the store.

Btw you have a patreon or similar?

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

This is now implemented. Prices in other regions are now collapsed on the game page by default (they were taking up quite a bit of room for an admittedly niche feature), but can be expanded by clicking on the "Show" button. Also, in your user settings you can override this and make it so that other regions prices are expanded (i.e., not collapsed) by default. Also, in the settings page you can now pick and choose exactly which region prices are displayed to you (so if you're only interested in prices from a handful of regions, you can select just those regions).

Awesome!  Thanks for adding that one so fast and really hope eventually you can add the dev/publisher search or link suggestion.

3 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Developer would be best wouldn't it? For example, I would want to find BioWare games, not see 999999 titles from EA.

Both would be useful.  Publishers such as Ratalaika, Artifex Mundi and Kemco release games from multiple devs.  Publishers who handle localizations and ports tend to release games from multiple devs.  Many of those games have things in common so someone who enjoyed one from the publisher may enjoy others.  I get that publisher only wouldn't be useful, both have their advantages depending on one's taste in games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Both would be useful.  Publishers such as Ratalaika, Artifex Mundi and Kemco release games from multiple devs.  Publishers who handle localizations and ports tend to release games from multiple devs.  Many of those games have things in common so someone who enjoyed one from the publisher may enjoy others.  I get that publisher only wouldn't be useful, both have their advantages depending on one's taste in games.

I absolutely agree,which is why I said dev over publisher. The fact is you are probably going to want to look for games you enjoyed by a dev team.That dev team might have multiple publishers. My example of EA was a poor one. On the other hand, I don't know if you can breakdown most EA/Ubisoft dev teams from the parent company anymore.  

I really like the idea behind this, but it's tough.For Indie developers it's probably easy,for bigger devs/studios/publishers, maybe not.

I am going to give this some thought (I normally get a brainwave while walking my dog, so this is good mental floss for me :) ).