Not worth the money

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say, the game was overall a fine game, not better than Spider-Man, but a good experience.

the price was maybe on the more expensive side, I didnt give that much for it, but I can understand why people would complain about paying full price for a game that easily could have been a dlc expansion for the ‘main’ game,

i had a good time with it, what I dont understand though is the need for the creators to add the ‘Play the game again’ trophy, I know you could just spread it out, but I also felt if I was to put the game away I probably wouldnt have returned, this game is probably a one and done for me, it was fine while it lasted

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

it has been 29.99 quite a few times. If being 9.99 over your target price qualifies as them being on "bullshit" for not bending over backwards or putting their games in the bargin bin in less than 2 years.

19.99 doesn't even seem like a real price for a game as new or as great as MM. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/17/2022 at 0:36 AM, TJ_Solo said:

it has been 29.99 quite a few times. If being 9.99 over your target price qualifies as them being on "bullshit" for not bending over backwards or putting their games in the bargin bin in less than 2 years.

19.99 doesn't even seem like a real price for a game as new or as great as MM. 

Yo why did you post on my comment without quoting me? Why be undercover like that? Were you hoping I wouldn't see it or something? Whatcha afraid of, LOL? I know we don't like eachother and you seem to always want to run your mouth at me but that doesn't mean we can't agree to disagree and be civil towards one another about it.  :)

ANYWAY....

"As new or as great"? Dude, the game's been around over 2 years now. The game is mad short, lacking any kind of real content and nowhere even close to being on the same level content wise as Spider-Man 2018 (and that's not even including the DLC). But don't take my word for it. I mean, besides this exact thread saying "Not worth the money" and tons of people voicing their displeasure, have a look around the internet.

You'll see a LOT of people voicing their opinions on length, price, quality, etc., in the same or similar fashion. But I guess it's just me that's wrong for feeling that this overhyped DLC is too expensive. :dunno: And who said anything about "bargain bin"? I simply just want the price to match the content you're getting, to be reasonable. I'm sorry but even at launch charging what they did, what they still continue to charge and even reducing it as low as 30 dollars in a sale still doesn't seem worth it in my opinion (shared by many). 

I noticed though that they just recently put it on sale for 20 bucks for Black Friday. To me that's worth it and finally after 2+ years of waiting it's now mine. Hey, if you enjoy throwing 50-60+ dollars at a game and think it's worth it, cool on ya! I'm certainly not going to shame you for it or be contemptuous and passive aggressive like it felt like you were towards me for simply stating an opinion you don't agree with. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 0:00 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

I noticed though that they just recently put it on sale for 20 bucks for Black Friday. To me that's worth it and finally after 2+ years of waiting it's now mine.

lol this is exactly what I did and tbh I kinda regret it. Just beat it and my initial thought is that I wish I'd just waited until it was even cheaper. The short length doesn't actually bother me at all personally, it's more that they re-used way too much stuff from the main game. I legit groaned the first time I came across a random crime and it was literally just the car chase QTE mini-game. Feels like I did a thousand of those in the original game and here I am again like an hour into MM doing it again. Fisk construction sites are back, underground lab is just the warehouse activity (or whatever going into those buildings were, I forget), time capsules are backpacks, and so on.

Honestly probably wouldn't bother me so much if they'd at least come up with more interesting enemy design. You have like 4 types of enemies and you just fight them over and over and over. And it's not like they're even that interesting (mechanically) anyway to begin with.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

lol this is exactly what I did and tbh I kinda regret it. Just beat it and my initial thought is that I wish I'd just waited until it was even cheaper. The short length doesn't actually bother me at all personally, it's more that they re-used way too much stuff from the main game. I legit groaned the first time I came across a random crime and it was literally just the car chase QTE mini-game. Feels like I did a thousand of those in the original game and here I am again like an hour into MM doing it again. Fisk construction sites are back, underground lab is just the warehouse activity (or whatever going into those buildings were, I forget), time capsules are backpacks, and so on.

Honestly probably wouldn't bother me so much if they'd at least come up with more interesting enemy design. You have like 4 types of enemies and you just fight them over and over and over. And it's not like they're even that interesting (mechanically) anyway to begin with.

Exactly, Zenax, I agree 100% with you and couldn't have said it better. See, TJ_Solo? Proof's in the pudding. The thing is though, Zenax, that dude likes to take stabs at me every chance he gets so I equate the nature of his comment at me to be anything but constructive criticism or feedback. His underlying agenda was just to jump at the chance to run his mouth at me and start shit with me (like he always does whenever he comments on things I post). 

But to get back on topic... come on, $50-60 dollars? For THIS?! Get the fuck out of here, lol. Just because it has Spider-Man and Sony's name on it and it's a "Triple-A" game doesn't justify the price and what you get content wise. Like you said (and hell what I even said in my post above dated on September 16th), even paying $20 may be a bit too much.

Recycled content, some minor glitches and framerate issues (not too bad though so far) and lack of any real meat and potatoes just doesn't cut it for me regardless of who's name is on it. I don't care who spends how much on whatever game they spend it on but don't come at me and give me shit just because I think the price is a complete fucking rip off. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/5/2023 at 1:47 AM, Arzoden said:

I got it for free,  PS+

Noobs 😎

*giggles* was just thinking that .....

price vs game length is always a debate.  that said I rarely buy games unless it's something that I've been tracking for a while.  I will buy DLC for games I enjoyed and / or plan on getting that plat / 100% although these are mostly games from psplus

• Like 1

I'm so glad I'm not someone who equates playtime to value. To me, value means not having my time wasted with 100+ hours of bloat and repetitive crap that's only there to pad the experience to make it seem like there's more to do than there actually is. That's just a poor attempt at hiding how shallow a game is. I would take a solid 10-20 hour experience with a good story and as little filler as possible over that other crap every single time, and I will happily pay the price to do so.

As for Miles Morales, the price was absolutely worth it in my opinion. I enjoyed it more than the first Spider-Man game, primarily because it was shorter and therefore had less filler than the first game, yet had enough variety and content to make for a satisfying time. It's a perfect game to play over a weekend in fact. Highly recommend it 👍

• Like 1