Game Recommendations

BucketsAndBombs

Hey guys! Hope all is well.

Me and my friend were interesting in playing an online coop hack n' slash type RPG similar to Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms back in the day.  I know the most popular suggestion is Diablo 3, but I've already played that and don't have much interest in replaying it.  I was hoping that I could receive some game recommendations!

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

These three games might be what you're looking for:

Torchlight 2

Torchlight 3

Titan Quest

They're all online co-op diablo clones and I had a blast playing through them. Beware of titan Quest on PS4 tho, it's quite a buggy mess.

Both Divinity games come to my mind aswell, they're great Old-School RPGs and can be played in online co-op afaik.

And maybe take a look into Helldivers and Aliennation too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BucketsAndBombs said:

Me and my friend were interesting in playing an online coop hack n' slash type RPG similar to Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms back in the day.  I know the most popular suggestion is Diablo 3, but I've already played that and don't have much interest in replaying it.  I was hoping that I could receive some game recommendations!

Gauntlet is a very simplistic and quick, hack and slash. No weapon drops but it has more or less the same combat as Diablo 3.

Good for maybe 20 hours, or 50 if you want the plat.

17 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

Gauntlet is a very simplistic and quick, hack and slash. No weapon drops but it has more or less the same combat as Diablo 3.

Good for maybe 20 hours, or 50 if you want the plat.

This game has been on and off my wishlist for the past 4 - 5 years. Seen it go on sale often.

Judging by the trophy list it is far more grindy than difficult, though I generally hear reaching Floor 50 in Endless Mode can be a real pain in the butt if you don't know what to do. Also beating the levels on Hard probably isn't a walk in the park.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:22 PM, BucketsAndBombs said:

I will suggest Path of Exile then. Especially if you liked D3.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

This game has been on and off my wishlist for the past 4 - 5 years. Seen it go on sale often.

Judging by the trophy list it is far more grindy than difficult, though I generally hear reaching Floor 50 in Endless Mode can be a real pain in the butt if you don't know what to do. Also beating the levels on Hard probably isn't a walk in the park.

I will say it was the most grindy plat I've ever done. Difficulty was not really a problem. But the kill x amount of monsters trophies oh man were they brutal. Especially the orc one. There was only one level to farm them in and not that many of them spawned. I went cross eyed doing the same thing over and over for hours haha.

Butttt before I started that crazy grind I really enjoyed Gauntlet. It's a fun game for cheap and the graphics and sound are actually pretty decent.

1 hour ago, Super_Mep said:

I will say it was the most grindy plat I've ever done. Difficulty was not really a problem. But the kill x amount of monsters trophies oh man were they brutal. Especially the orc one. There was only one level to farm them in and not that many of them spawned. I went cross eyed doing the same thing over and over for hours haha.

Butttt before I started that crazy grind I really enjoyed Gauntlet. It's a fun game for cheap and the graphics and sound are actually pretty decent.

I've done far worse grinds in Runescape and World of Warcraft, so I can manage.