Any easy builds / methods to get The Original Demon?

TehTeribad

I'm around level 350 with awful gear (most of it is 180 + 28/29 no good graces) and most of the bosses from the new dlc melt me in a few hits while I'm doing close to no dmg to them. Is there any build / video I could look at to finish DLC 3 in Way of the Demon? I would hate having to finish the whole game on WotW just to farm better gear in WotN... Thanks in advance guys n gals :D

I have a shitty build too, but DotW cleared on the last DLC thanks to Soul Box glitch, but now I think that unlock next Dream is faster, I recommend rushing until DotN and farm gear at level 1 of the Underworld, soul match until all your gear be +40 and with that is not that hard DotD.

You can do that or try to build a good build, but in my case I was to lazy to do that.

• Like 3

A versatility build can be pretty solid for stacking bonus melee dmg. You can get it from the Benzaitens set or Susano set (Susano set can be found in DotW). 

Although it requires you to use different active skills and you can get up to 9 stacks - each stack gives you 6% extra melee damage with the final stack being 12% so up to 60% total if I read correctly. If you like switching between 2 weapons it’s easy to get up to 9 stacks (grapples and final blows counts too). There is a timer though - around 45 secs but it resets each time you get a stack from a different active skill so plenty of time to deal dmg.

There are many videos on YouTube showcasing the versatility build and it applies to any weapon but I’m mentioning this build because I’m using it myself and it makes things a lot easier and fun on DotD.

• Like 2

Don't know if this will help or not, but the build I'm using is about as easy as it gets in terms of grind/setup. Its centered around wearing the heaviest armor possible (each piece has a different grace for the 2pc life bonus, so no need to forge for a full specific grace set) while still staying in B agility and life recovery armita absorption (chest, both accessories, totoyomi clan & using extraction talisman) to facetank every attack from an enemy while continuing to be aggressive with a fast hitting weapon (ideally split-staff or tonfa). I've dumped 99 points in magic & courage with the rest going into constitution. Good soul cores would be Nupeppo for extra life recovery/attack buff and Kasha for extra hits/to help proc confusion. My gear wasn't optimized (only at +20 with one ethereal armor piece) and I didn't have trouble beating the first dlc 3 boss on DotD.

Now, I don't see this playstyle holding up as well in late game DotW or DotN, but it should still be sufficient for DotD and I would recommend it over glass canon builds just due to sheer survivability. I doubt you'll also need to go all the way to DotN if using this build, I would just try to get a ful ethereal set from wise if need be.

Edited by Whitelightnin683
  • Like 1

Idiot proof build + very easy gear:

The below is how I focussed on getting 100% in Nioh 2. There's tons of more Overpowered builds but this clears Dream of the Demon pretty easy and doesn't take much effort to get.

Gear

- Full Benkei Set

- Weapon 1 Benkei splitstaff with Corruption. Only weapon I used (make sure it has Melee ki damage on it)

- Weapon 2 Not sure what the name is but it's also from the Benkei set to get all the bonusses

- Ranged weapons. I had 2 Ethereal's as a set who gave me more HP(read down below how I got those)

- Scroll: Ultimate Magic and get Dyad Splitstaff. Hope for some rng to get more Ki damage or active skill damage

Guardian Spirit:

Main: Atlast Bear 1st.

- Kasha Soul Core (GET THIS THING. This thing gives insane health regen and carried me in so many situations) 

-Nuppeppo Soul core. High Risk High reward. You'll get a crazy dps boost on bosses if you get there stamina down to 0

- Maelstrom Oni-Bi Soul Core

Second:

Ho

Stats on all gear:

- Onmyo magic 

- Untouched Onmyo Magic

- Active skill damage

- Ki Damage

- Elemental weapon damage increase

- +Attack on all. I had some spare orange transfers left

Magic:

- Weakness Talisman

- Steel Talisman

Purification Talisman (This kills shit fast!)

- Devigorate talisman

- Barrier Talisman

How I got my stuff fast:

I rushed most side missions to get to Demon quick and got my set and weapon around +20 with some forging. After that I went straight into Dream of the Wise. It's not needed for any trophies but this will help a lot for clearing everything. 

With that in mind stuff is annoying to kill but the drops are really insane if you go there undergeared. Took me an evening of grinding and nitpicking easy missions to get my set and weapon around +25-28.

Also it's a bit luck based some stuff drops so you can convert your divine into Ethereal gear. 

Playstyle

- Always in High stance

- Unlock all high stance skills.

- Hold square for a high damage combo boost.

- After playing for a while you can combo the square into a triangle to get a bigger combo but higer risk is higher reward.

- Later on you can combo more stuff like L1+Square for a nice AOE move but that's just some practice.

• Like 1

I managed to finally do Against all Comers (last mission) after I farmed the Underworld and got myself 6p Susano. Thank you guys for the input it really helped and maybe it will help others in the future.

What I really recommend to anyone struggling is to just rush the Underworld and farm till lvl 420 and full 190 + 40 (won't take that long) with that kind of gear you can pretty much finish WoTD without rerolling stuff on your gear and with a subpar weapon (I had a horrible divine odachi).

On 24/12/2020 at 11:52 AM, TehTeribad said:

I managed to finally do Against all Comers (last mission) after I farmed the Underworld and got myself 6p Susano. Thank you guys for the input it really helped and maybe it will help others in the future.

What I really recommend to anyone struggling is to just rush the Underworld and farm till lvl 420 and full 190 + 40 (won't take that long) with that kind of gear you can pretty much finish WoTD without rerolling stuff on your gear and with a subpar weapon (I had a horrible divine odachi).

You need way of the Nioh, or Way of the sage is fine? I don't wanna play all way of the sage till the end for unlocking wotn thx 

The trophy Against all Comers has a bug, a bit useless but it exists, if you enter another person's expedition and leave it, this will give you the trophy. It is useless because it doesn't count as mission completed ?.

Edited by Allonnos

On 12/25/2020 at 11:07 PM, Neme-ita said:

You need way of the Nioh, or Way of the sage is fine? I don't wanna play all way of the sage till the end for unlocking wotn thx 

I got to DotN (Nioh 2) and then farmed the Underworld, in Nioh 1 if I remember correctly I only had to get to WotW (Way of the Wise) and farmed a full ethereal set and facerolled on WotD.

I just played through DotW to unlock the Underworld (which at that point was significantly easier than DLC 3 on DotD) and then spent two evenings going through floors 1-4, collecting a full Ethereal +40 set and weapons. I also went from level 370 to 460. Needless to say, DLC 3 on DotD was a piece of cake after that, even with my squishy ninja build.

Yeah so Against all Corners is a piece of shit mission, and my build could not handle the Saito Toshimitsu, followed by Ryomen Sukuna fight. So I said fuck it, let's just go higher. 

To my surprise, I cleared Dream of the Wise without dying once.. Even beat Otakemaru no problem. Imagine, beating NG+++ without dying, but still not being able to beat a NG++ mission... ?

Anyways, once in Dream of the Nioh, I went to the underworld... it's insane. 190+37 gear drops that I used to upgrade my own gear, and about 500 Million Amrita every 4-5 minutes ? After about half an hour of farming the first Underworld mission, I was ready to tackle Against all Corners on DotD again, and beat it no problem. 

So if you are stuck, rush to the Underworld. I unlocked DotN without doing a single main mission except the last one of course, a couple of side missions are enough. 

Edited by Arcesius

• 2 months later...

I definitely recommend this video to anyone looking for a strong but easy to farm build. Everything is explained well and it's not outdated or restricted to endgame only.

I used it to clean the main game up until DotN while constantly being 100 levels below the recommended level, farmed the underworld for an hour and beat the DLCs on DotD with level 400 and +40 ethereal gear. This build is very tanky due to the amrita life absorption and you'll stop dying. As long as you don't stop attacking and applying confusion, you're pretty much immortal.

I was so pissed they had a trophy to do dream of the demon, a difficulty most of us LOOOONG left behind... was so fun running them again for divine drops wow -.- what the hell was the point in that trophy when all the others said "complete on dream of the ... or higher". Anywayyy, just go into the first mission on Wise or Nioh and get some drops from whatever enemy you can kill and youll absolutely batter the shit out of Dream of the Demon.

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, OnlyCass said:

Anywayyy, just go into the first mission on Wise or Nioh and get some drops from whatever enemy you can kill and youll absolutely batter the shit out of Dream of the Demon.

If only that was the case… I did everything solo, char level above 400 and lvl 190+37 gear, some bosses, namely Tate Eboshi and Otakemaru, proved to be a pain anyway, and for the two hardest dlc3 missions (the gauntlet ones with enemy waves) I had to resort to every cheese mechanics at my disposal, scampuses, lots of amrita items to spam yokai form, npc graves etc

• 1 year later...

Yah just push to DotN, get the gear and levels it made doing the DotD dlc stuff so much easier, also use other player's help as much as possible if u wanna cut down on time grinding gear/lvls you can usually find some helpful peeps here or on the nioh 2 reddit....I've been getting my cheeks clapped on All comers mission, but that's expected. I tried the tank switchglaive build which worked great up to this point, but I'm thinking hatchets might actually be better for me on this one getting really close but still no cigar.

Edited by Asmund