What is your favorite Uncharted game?

Mostwantedtbest

My two favorite game series are definitely the Uncharted and God of War games, so I was wondering what's YOUR favorite Uncharted game? Also, if you can say your ranking of the series, that'd be really good too! My favorite is the second one because it just feels like a movie. The game has a lot of cool moments like the beginning. You start the game and you (as Nathan Drake) is hanging off a train that's about to fall. The game is filled with amazing parts and it just really impressive for a 2009 game! Really a huge step up from the first game.

For me the ranking would be from worst to best:
5) The Lost Legacy: It's a good game but it's shorter than the others. Makes sense because it was supposed to be a dlc like The Last of Us: Left Behind. But still the game isn't as good as the others.

4) Drake's Fortune: The reason why this amazing series is a thing! This game was really good and fun but it isn't like the others. The others had more action packed scenes and I really thought that this was just shooting and talking. Of course, that's not a bad thing, but the later entries had like buildings collapsing and etc.

3) Drake's Deception: When I went into this game, I was expecting Uncharted 2 level amazingness. I was disappointed of how this was Uncharted 2 but reskinned, kind of. Being a reskin of Uncharted 2 is a good thing AND bad, because the second was AMAZING like 10/10 game but if they could make an amazing game like that, they can do it again but not a reskin.

2) A Thief's End: This is THE best way to end off a series without killing off the main character. I don't really have anything to say about this game but that it's a really good end to Nathan Drake's story.

1) Among Thieves: Well I already talked about this game haha. 

• Like 2

We think alike, GOW and Uncharted are great series, but i probably cant pick a fav from either, the story and the journey that comes with it is like 1 big game to me when i look back, i completely agree that how they ended Nate's story was really well done, theres got to be 1 series who ends better, and we mentioned it already, Kratos story of revenge ended so amazing, the fact that you could just pound Zeus repeatedly until your thumb was sore just added that finesse that really made the player feel at one with Kratos rage and i was begging for more, cant wait to rip off Thors head and take that hammer to whatever challenges me next

I also really enjoyed the Arkham series, even though the platinums were hard thanks to all those combat challenges, but the story and lore were all really good, Knight was the worst imo, too much of the game focused around Batmobile combat but story and DLC were all good

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Like 2

Definitely Drake's Fortune.  New and unpredictable (a disadvantage to its successors) with the best story (my opinion).  The finale still makes me go "Oh.  Oh?  Oh!!!!!"

Spoiler

Nathan Drake: It's the Spaniards, Sully. They never left.

Uncharted 2 is 2nd place due to the introduction of their unbelievable multiplayer (another disadvantage to its successors) and epic movie-grade cooperative missions.

The rest of them are like ordering your most favorite pizza 3, 4, then 5 days in a row.  Absolutely polished and completely amazing each time, but ... Really?  Again?

1 hour ago, Shmeefly said:

We think alike, GOW and Uncharted are great series, but i probably cant pick a fav from either, the story and the journey that comes with it is like 1 big game to me when i look back, i completely agree that how they ended Nate's story was really well done, theres got to be 1 series who ends better, and we mentioned it already, Kratos story of revenge ended so amazing, the fact that you could just pound Zeus repeatedly until your thumb was sore just added that finesse that really made the player feel at one with Kratos rage and i was begging for more, cant wait to rip off Thors head and take that hammer to whatever challenges me next

I also really enjoyed the Arkham series, even though the platinums were hard thanks to all those combat challenges, but the story and lore were all really good, Knight was the worst imo, too much of the game focused around Batmobile combat but story and DLC were all good

That is really funny because the Arkham series is my third (probably) favorite series.

29 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

They're all the same.

Not really.

• Like 1

All of them are excellent, but here’s my ranking, from favorite to least favorite:

1 - Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (amazing and mind blowing in every way)

2 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss (my favorite Vita game)

3 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (short, fresh and fun)

4 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (I don’t like snow in games much)

5 - Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (the beginning of the fantastic adventure)

6 - Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (too slow paced for my taste)

I love Fight for Fortune too, but it’s a different type of game, so it doesn’t belong here.

Edited by Carol

• 1 month later...

I'll weigh in:

1. Uncharted 4 ( I literally finally broke down and got the ps4 for this game. I was still happy with just my ps3 but had to play it and was not let down).

2. Uncharted 3 (I know a lot of people like 2 better but I just really enjoyed this one)

3. Uncharted 2 (it's a great game but I sometimes feel like it gets more attention than it deserves)

4. Lost legacy (it'd be higher on the list if it had been longer. When I finished it after like 10 hours I was sad haha)

5. Uncharted 1 (still a great game but they had a lot of kinks to work out which they did with the sequel!)

On 12/22/2020 at 8:07 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

They're all the same.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but this is pretty accurate.

1. You play as the same protagonist.

2. The enemies are essentially the same.

3. The antagonist is after the same thing Drake is, or vice versa.

4. The gameplay mechanics are essentially the same.

5. Huge cinematic "Drake should die, but doesn't die" scenes.

2 hours ago, StressEater said:

I am surprised to see the very first game so low on everyone's list. It's the game that made it all happen.

it’s No.3 on my list - I like the containment within the one island - I’ve always been a sucker for that thing where you see the parts of the level you’ve done previously in the background as you are progressing!

2 hours ago, StressEater said:

But I will admit, they are clearly doing something right since most sequels are never as good as the first.

I agree that in movies that’s the case - there are only maybe 10 examples of sequels in film better than originals - but is that really the case for videogames?

I tend to find sequel videogames are almost always better from a technical point of view, as the devs have learned how to make the game by that point and are able to just finesse the gameplay, as opposed to develop it - though certainly the stories can suffer from the same ‘sequel-itus’ that film stories do.

Seems to me that if the dev can do at least close to as good a job as the first game on the story front, the sequel is virtually guaranteed to surpass its predecessor, as graphics will naturally improve with the industry over time, and gameplay (provided they don’t change it up too much) will be more refined on a second outing.

Bioshock 2 for example - much better playing game, much weaker story than Bioshock 1.

Uncharted though, IMO, improved everything - from top to tail over it’s already very impressive predecessor.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

it’s No.3 on my list - I like the containment within the one island - I’ve always been a sucker for that thing where you see the parts of the level you’ve done previously in the background as you are progressing!

I agree that in movies that’s the case - there are only maybe 10 examples of sequels in film better than originals - but is that really the case for videogames?

I tend to find sequel videogames are almost always better from a technical point of view, as the devs have learned how to make the game by that point and are able to just finesse the gameplay, as opposed to develop it - though certainly the stories can suffer from the same ‘sequel-itus’ that film stories do.

Seems to me that if the dev can do at least close to as good a job as the first game on the story front, the sequel is virtually guaranteed to surpass its predecessor, as graphics will naturally improve with the industry over time, and gameplay (provided they don’t change it up too much) will be more refined on a second outing.

Bioshock 2 for example - much better playing game, much weaker story than Bioshock 1.

Uncharted though, IMO, improved everything - from top to tail over it’s already very impressive predecessor.

Yeah you're probably right. I was thinking of Doom, Dead Space 3, Resistance 3, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Shadowrun, Duke Nukem. But that's a small pool compared to the sequels that turned out amazing the more I think about it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, StressEater said:

Yeah you're probably right. I was thinking of Doom, Dead Space 3, Resistance 3, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Shadowrun, Duke Nukem. But that's a small pool compared to the sequels that turned out amazing the more I think about it. 

ah, yes, there are certainly examples of it going awry - though I think it’s telling that you cite a lot of 3rd or 4th instalments there.

Doom seems to have stumbled quickly in the second game - that’s true, but in the cases of Dead Space, Resistance and Mass Effect, I would argue that the second game in those franchises was better than the first - the rot began once the dev team had improved as far as they could do well, then over-egged the pudding on subsequent sequels - or, in the case of Mass Effect Andromeda, accidentally took a shit in the pudding, then tried to fish it out with a stick, which turned out to also be a shit, and dropped it in the pudding too...

For big franchises, the third installment is always the hardest I think, and the most prone to a fall.

In the case of Uncharted, the third is my lowest on the list - I think it is still top notch, but it doesn’t do much that 2 didn’t do, and the story, while still strong, isn’t quite as focussed.

There are many cases where this pattern isn’t followed, but generally I think the pattern with franchise games is:

1st Game - original, well received. Studio develops a good game, and probably knows exactly what they would want to improve in a sequel, even before it comes out.

2nd game - Devs have a full cycle to implement all the improvements they wanted to make, second game ends up being best version of what the concept of first game was.

3rd game - Devs have already perfected the formula, and have probably exhausted all their best ideas for stories. Probably looking for ways to land the story for a trilogy (always harder to end a story well than start one) and the game director left with two options.

Keep exactly to the formula, look for small further improvements, and end up getting negative reaction for not changing enough - or - change a lot, add a lot of new concepts and gameplay stuff, which naturally will not be as honed or polished, as this is the first try for those new concepts, and end up getting negative reaction for changing too much, or the game not being as tight/focussed.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

How long it been 10 years? lol

In terms of Multiplayer:

1. Uncharted 2  - Prior to 1.04 patch heh,  fun Plunder

2. Uncharted 3   - though I hated the stupid loadouts instead of weapon pickups.

3. Uncharted 4   - spawning A.I. Chokers also the era of console Paid online R.I.P. no vehicles like they planned early on. 

Singlplayer: 

All the same really even the handheld version

BUT

BUT

Uncharted Fight For Fortune is my top choice It's as complex as Chess heh.

Always hard to choose because they’re all brilliant.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

2. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

3. Tie between Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception and Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

4. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

5. Uncharted: Lost Legacy