The best MMO on PlayStation?

xBenlander

2 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Yup, FFXIV is your answer.

Destiny is just a generic looter shooter, definitely not an MMO. Borderlands is in that same category imo.

It came to PlayStation in 2014? Is the game still pretty relevant and updated with graphics and maps? Is it something safe to buy now or is their news of a new FF MMO coming? Thank you for your help. 

1 minute ago, HeyaBen said:

It came to PlayStation in 2014? Is the game still pretty relevant and updated with graphics and maps? Is it something safe to buy now or is their news of a new FF MMO coming? Thank you for your help. 

The one 'problem' with FFXIV is that you will require a subscription to earn any trophies. But you can play the unlimited trial for a long time to make peogress before subscribing!

It has been out a long time and will continue to be supported for a long time too though. The graphics aren't special by today's standards, but its just really good gameplay-wise. Tonnes of content.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

The one 'problem' with FFXIV is that you will require a subscription to earn any trophies. But you can play the unlimited trial for a long time to make peogress before subscribing!

It has been out a long time and will continue to be supported for a long time too though. The graphics aren't special by today's standards, but its just really good gameplay-wise. Tonnes of content.

12 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

Both.
FF14 is one of the best MMO made in a long while and the best on PlayStation by a huge margin.

Thank you guys for your speedy help. It was 50% off with all of the DLC so I went ahead and bought it and I am currently downloading it. I appreciate you taking the time and answering questions. 

• Like 1

FFXIV is great fun and I finished the base game and first expansion Heavensward on my alt account.  Just note that the base game is really tedious and filled with boring fetch quests, combined with a boring story and I nearly gave up.  However, Heavensward and the patch quests leading up to it were amazing so another vote for it being the best MMO on PlayStation.  I'm a solo player and never had any issue progressing through the game.

Just to toss in, most of the f2p MMOs on the PSN are good, but for different reasons.

-Star Trek Online is good and has no mandatory microtransactions, but is very much slanted towards people who like Star Trek. Lots of lore. Can also be a pain to work out the trophies, as the games content has been shuffled around a lot over the last three years, so some triggers have been moved around.

-TROVE is fun if you like farming, but it's a glitchy bitch, and support team blatantly doesn't give a damn. The game gives you every reason in the world as to why you should flood them with your cash monies.

-Warframe is lots of fun, but will take time and outside research to reach the meatier bits. 95% of the microtransactions are cosmetics, with the last 5% being instant complete crafting timers.

-Dauntless is my vote for best. It's basically Monster Hunter with all of the fluff removed. Has a strong community. Microtransactions are for cosmetics, with some bonuses, sometimes even refunding your purchase for play.

-TERA is....ok. It plays well enough, it's beautiful to look at and sounds great. I didn't find it amazing, but worth the time spent getting the platinum.

-Bless can be tricky until you learn how all the attack bonuses work. It's another large world that's beautiful to look at.

-ESO & FF14 are both solid MMOs with piles of content to work through.

-Path of Exile is fun, but it's not easy. You'll want guides, lots of guides.

That's just off the top of my head.

Edit: Just realized this thread is on the PS5 forum, not sure how much of this is on the PS5 specifically.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Tera is not for solo players. Its a team player game.

.... I soloed Tera.  The story, every dungeon required for the plat, and the world bosses, even the level 68 bosses.

I didn't really see anything that screamed group play up to that point, which was disappointing.  It was an ok game, but lacking as an MMO though.

What about NeverWinter?

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

.... I soloed Tera.  The story, every dungeon required for the plat, and the world bosses, even the level 68 bosses.

I didn't really see anything that screamed group play up to that point, which was disappointing.  It was an ok game, but lacking as an MMO though.

What about NeverWinter?

The plat can be done solo but properly playing it, no.