Death Stranding Director's Cut (September 24, 2021) (PS5)

I was gonna skip this until they said it would be a 10€ upgrade. 

For all the new content it definitely worth it, I wonder how long the new story missions will be, I'm guessing they might go between 2-3 new chapters. 

Also, we got Death Stranding Kart before Bloodborne Kart. Think about it

1 hour ago, pavelbagirov said:

They released PS5 just to sell again all PS4 games:) already we have doom eternal/ metro exodus/ a plague tale/ wreckfest/ jedi fallen and more and soon Tsushima / gta5/ Death Stranding. Great. Exclusives that ps5 have now is Demons souls/ ratchet 2021/ Returnal/ Destruction all stars

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I've often complained about the Switch having too many ports of games I've already played on the Wii U, but at least it does have plenty of new games (and some of those Wii U ports do have new content), and there's more of an excuse to port games to that system considering it isn't backwards compatible at all.

Only 4 new PS5 exclusives in 8 months after launch coming out of a pandemic?  It's a travesty.

If only it were like the Switch and came out... *checks watch* ... over 4 years ago.  Maybe it'd have more games.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

On 26/01/2021 at 4:27 PM, Fr_0zt said:

I'm down for this but let's hope the upgrade is for free.  

$10

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Only 4 PS5 exclusives in 8 months after launch coming out of a pandemic?  It's a travesty.

If only it were like the Switch and came out... *checks watch* ... over 4 years ago.  Maybe it'd have more games.

also i think Cyberpunk 2077s dismal release may have changed some release plans for other devs. Figuring well if we delay it a bit and reaaaaaally polish our games better we will have a stronger product upon release. 

God of War probably being an example.  Deathloop is one after being delayed what, 2? times.

as for switch lmaooooo its essentially a port machine. Aside from Astral Chain and 3 Houses, you have a terrible Zelda in BotW, and then mario ody.

Paper Mario sucked, Luigi mansion 3 is okay. but nothing major. Every other big releases on switch was a port of something lol

• Like 2

Hopefully these new additions will make the plat much less grindy. 

The cargo catapult looks like a huge timesaver and convenience. 

Im curious on the Friend Play though. The online Stranding system is nice, but it gets annoying at times as stuff is just randomly chosen and you get unfinished zipline circuits, roads etc. If the Friend Play allows you to completely spawn in all a friends builds, that could make things very easy as you could instantly get all ur ziplines, all ur roads, lots of vehicles etc. 

I tried playing this again not too long ago seeing if i can bring the platinum time down, but after a few hours I gave in as its such a grind. This DC does look very intriguing though I must say ;)

51 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

Calm down was just asking lmao. They should’ve at least stated that 

they did lol

4 minutes ago, prosandude69 said:

Anyone know if the PS4 disc version is upgradeable?

yes it is. But $10 for digital upgrade. Seems fine since all the extras. Unlike Tsushima wanting a complete re-purchase or a 30$ upgrade. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

And now there is a chance for devs to add Trophy for building 100% Roads in Death Stranding!

What a grind that was xD

Well with Friend Play, we may be able to just spawn them all by adding a good samaritan friend with all roads......??? 

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

On 13/03/2021 at 0:26 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

Not sure i can be bothered to go through death stranding again to platinum it. The grind is huge. I enjoyed every minute of the game but i wont run through it again anytime soon.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it really.

I wouldn't mind a new revamped trophy list actually, if it took into account all of the new side content and maybe took the edge off some of the grindier stuff. I loved Death Stranding, it was my GOTY for 2019, but the idea of going back to do it all again in exactly the same way trophy-wise is a bit daunting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

What a grind that was xD

Well with Friend Play, we may be able to just spawn them all by adding a friend with all roads......??? 

Very likely, yes! The game still has a lot of potential and I'm glad to play with the new content again. I am not a fan of online games or multilplayer on PlayStation, but in the years 2005-2012 I was addicted to MMO Lineage 2 - and you know that real fun is only in a large group. Almost like a second life.
So on the one hand I would rather play DS: DC alone, but on the other hand Death Stranding is about the power of people as a group that supports each other, so the additional cooperative value (such direct cooperation in building facilities or missions) could be very positive! They could solve it like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker - you can fight a mission solo, but also with several people can joun you. We will see. :)

PS: Love the grind! Compared to the old MMO games, the current "grind" is not even a fraction of what you had to do at the time.

The Lineage 2 Armour Recipe and over 5000+ matz to farm/grind - [or buy] and this without boots/gloves/helmet!

https://lineage.pmfun.com/list/recipe/4160/recipe-leather-armor-of-doom.html

Regards! :)

Edited by Kessarath

22 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

they did lol

yes it is. But $10 for digital upgrade. Seems fine since all the extras. Unlike Tsushima wanting a complete re-purchase or a 30$ upgrade. 

Great! Have the PS4 disc version, but haven't played it yet so gonna wait for this to come first ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it really.

I wouldn't mind a new revamped trophy list actually, if it took into account all of the new side content and maybe took the edge off some of the grindier stuff. I loved Death Stranding, it was my GOTY for 2019, but the idea of going back to do it all again in exactly the same way trophy-wise is a bit daunting.

Preach, pretty much word for word agree (I think RE2 was my GOTY - although Death Stranding is my 2nd favourite PS exclusive period).

As a side note, pretty nervous how trophies will work if it's "integrated into the game". New list (very much hope so)? Or new DLC for PS4 AND PS5 like Tsuhima (very much hope it isn't)? If so, if save transfer is PS4 > PS5 only, it would either require doing it twice, or to play on PS4 rather than enhanced hardware. As its integrated, I can see it requiring a NG+ playthrough as well.

I kind of hope its a standalone release with safe transfer. That way, I can just transfer my save from PS4 > PS5 and enjoy all the new content on PS5 without having to worry about doing things twice (i.e. like Spider-man). Think new trophies would be more involved as there is some reasonably significant game-play revisions, possibly a NG+. Having to re-do on PS4 for save transfer would suck, as I wouldn't be able to play the enhanced PS5 version without having to do it all twice.

48 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Hopefully these new additions will make the plat much less grindy. 

The cargo catapult looks like a huge timesaver and convenience. 

Im curious on the Friend Play though. The online Stranding system is nice, but it gets annoying at times as stuff is just randomly chosen and you get unfinished zipline circuits, roads etc. If the Friend Play allows you to completely spawn in all a friends builds, that could make things very easy as you could instantly get all ur ziplines, all ur roads, lots of vehicles etc. 

I tried playing this again not too long ago seeing if i can bring the platinum time down, but after a few hours I gave in as its such a grind. This DC does look very intriguing though I must say ;)

If this is the case, I have every single road, and ziplines to every single west/central facility without compromise. Could help a lot of folks!

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

A lot of people sometimes forget that not everybody plays every game, let allone play every game day one.

So for those who missed out on games like this, an upgraded version for the newer console is a great way to get them hooked as wel.

For those who already own and played the game or partialy played it, an €10 upgrade isn't that big of a deal if it comes with upgrades and new content.

If you have had enough with the base game, sure, skipp this, if you loved this games (like I did) and want to experience it again, with all the new stuff, it only costs €10!!!

But if you dont want to start over, but want to see the new content, you can upload your save file and upgrade to play the new stuf (just like DLC).

So basicly they are covering most of all peoples needs, for a small amount. The way they handle this one, I can appriciate tbh.

GoTs, kinda does the same but ask's €20 or €30 depending on what you want to do, wich is already double or tripple the cost of this Director's Cut.

32 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

i mean they didn’t? unless you wanna prove me wrong they only stated how much the upgrade will be not when you can upgrade the game

35:22 - 35:23

I just proved you wrong.

There was then an interview afterward that mentioned how the upgrade would work:

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/07/08/death-stranding-directors-cut-release-date/

2 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

A lot of people sometimes forget that not everybody plays every game, let allone play every game day one.

So for those who missed out on games like this, an upgraded version for the newer console is a great way to get them hooked as wel.

For those who already own and played the game or partialy played it, an €10 upgrade isn't that big of a deal if it comes with upgrades and new content.

If you have had enough with the base game, sure, skipp this, if you loved this games (like I did) and want to experience it again, with all the new stuff, it only costs €10!!!

But if you dont want to start over, but want to see the new content, you can upload your save file and upgrade to play the new stuf (just like DLC).

So basicly they are covering most of all peoples needs, for a small amount. The way they handle this one, I can appriciate tbh.

GoTs, kinda does the same but ask's €20 or €30 depending on what you want to do, wich is already double or tripple the cost of this Director's Cut.

The thing is that not everyone has a PS5. 

In this case, the upgrade is for the PS5 only, so it's not just a 10$ thing. You have to buy a PS5 too. ?

Edited by Play3GianniGreed
  • Like 1