Latest Vita Deals??

TheVengeance1231

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

What are the odds the publishers will have the horse sense to enact one last sale for their Vita games, given that the store is never coming back? Might as well get as many copies out there as possible.

0% Sony has the final say in letting publishers discount their titles.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

This^

There is precisely zero chance of any PS3 or Vita specific sales before the stores close. In fact, the only way you're going to get a discount is if there's cross-buy and the PS4 version goes on sale.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

There was a discounted vita title last week according to psprices. I think it used a workaround: publishers may not be able to put their titles on sale, but they can reduce the base price permanently... Which, you know, means a few more months.

• Like 2

(Apologies for the double post)

Just noticed two vita games were discounted (Rabi-Ribi, which is apprently pretty good, and Root Double). I think publishers used the permanent discount strategy - or at least psprices is not noting an end date to the sale.

There's hope?

• Like 1

On 8-4-2021 at 7:32 PM, visighost said:

There was a discounted vita title last week according to psprices. I think it used a workaround: publishers may not be able to put their titles on sale, but they can reduce the base price permanently... Which, you know, means a few more months.

4 hours ago, visighost said:

(Apologies for the double post)

Just noticed two vita games were discounted (Rabi-Ribi, which is apprently pretty good, and Root Double). I think publishers used the permanent discount strategy - or at least psprices is not noting an end date to the sale.

There's hope?

I asked a few developers directly on Twitter. It's made impossible to put PS3 / PSVita titles on sale. Some recent articles / testimonies confirmed it. Only crossbuy titles can get a discount since somewhere in 2019. I asked if titles can be made crossbuy to put the games on sale again. Some say it's possible, but I also read that it's been made impossible. 

So, fingers crossed for more permanent pricedrops, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 9:41 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Is this really true? I find this so hard to believe, on so many levels.

1. Why would Sony care about publishers discounting their products on their store front?
  2. Why wouldn't Sony allow a publisher to discount on their store front?

It's not that I don't believe you; I just don't believe...this.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:01 AM, enaysoft said:

One game I bought on PS4 yesterday was Demetrios, which is something ridiculous like 95% off, was about about 0.65 in price, les than a pound. That is cross buy so you can get the Vita version.

I'm so, so sorry.

Edited by starcrunch061

33 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

1. Why would Sony care about publishers discounting their products on their store front?

I'm so, so sorry.

Some developers in the past have posted on the vita and ps3 subreddits stating that Sony won't let them put any sales anymore, they can only give a permanent price drop. A former employee of sony also confirmed this when they did an AMA a couple weeks ago

It had to do with them deciding to axe the vita/ps3 stores all the way back in 2016

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

With what has happened and Jim’s explanation that they were looking to take the people responsible for the PS3/Vita store and move them to more impactful roles, I think it boils down to a matter of staffing. Meaning they just don’t have anyone to collect and implement sales data into the store. I have no doubt Sony hasn’t created any simplified store management tools for their employees running the stores. 

• Like 1