Warning: This Game Has Issues on PS5

DeathlessVoid

I know there's an "official" list of games that do not run on PS5, but Deliver Us the Moon is not on that list and there's also no "official" list for games that have issues running on the system.

I just bought this title for around $17 CAD, stoked to play it, and in a couple of different parts, the game would just keep going to a black screen and giving me a 'software error'. After happening the first time, the PS5 indicated that this title "may have issues running on a PS5" when I would boot the game up.

I did manage to fix the issue in both of the areas of the game that this kept happening with a reboot of the system. But I just thought I would throw this warning out there for anyone who may care, and not enjoy their immersion being broken repeatedly. I did almost quit the game when it kept happening at one point, as it crashed about 5x in a row.

• Like 1

Deliver Us the Moon, and about 100 other games, are on the list which circulated a while ago. They 'work', but they may encounter issues - someone made a site that scanned all PSN listings and displayed the ones which have that pop-up message when you start them.

There are a few Wired Productions' games that have the message, such as Close to the Sun and Grip. I tried them all for a few hours each and only found a few visual issues, I didn't have crashes like yourself. I have asked if they will be updating their games to make them 100% compatible, but I've not had an answer yet. It's a shame because other devs and publishers who were on the list have since gone back and fixed their games, even some which were much older.

https://andshrew.github.io/supreme-enigma/

Set "PS5 BC" to 'Bootable', then tell it to view all - there are about 100-120 games (if you don't include duplicates on other regions). Most will work fine, some will have visual issues, and some will have crashing and be a little unstable.

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI, the PS4 version is very much playable on PS5. I started it, played all the way and platted on PS5 a few minutes ago. Some tips (very, very minor spoilers):

1) There's one moment where the game crashed a few times - it's at the end of chapter 1, when you're sitting in the rocket and preparing the launch sequence. For me the crash happened always when performing the 4th command (pulling a handle). What worked for me after the crashes: I deleted the game, turned off the console (off, not standby), turned in on again, redownloaded the game, loaded the save and finished the chapter without any problems. I did this twice, after two crashes in the same moment, and both times it worked. After chapter 1 I haven't encountered any more crashes.

2) If you're going for the platinum, there's a trophy for reading 6 comic books - one for each chapter. The comics are not registered/marked as read anywhere in game - you just have to remember. Important note: to make sure the game registered your character reading a specific comic book, make sure to view and read both covers of each comic book. Read the front, flip it, read the back, repeat to be 100% sure. This might save you an hour or so. As with any other collectibles, you can find the missing comic books via chapter select (but you have to know which ones you missed).

On 02/03/2021 at 8:13 AM, DeathlessVoid said:

I did manage to fix the issue in both of the areas of the game that this kept happening with a reboot of the system. But I just thought I would throw this warning out there for anyone who may care, and not enjoy their immersion being broken repeatedly. I did almost quit the game when it kept happening at one point, as it crashed about 5x in a row.

Could you verify if you were playing the PS5 SKU patch of the game or the PS4 SKU?

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

PS5 version Delayed a month.

Hmm, the PS4 game is included with the new PS+ (extra tier and up) and that will fully launch on June 23rd, when it goes live in Europe... So possibly going to be added day 1?

I just bought this last week at a discount ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 8:07 AM, NewDust said:

Hmm, the PS4 game is included with the new PS+ (extra tier and up) and that will fully launch on June 23rd, when it goes live in Europe... So possibly going to be added day 1?

I just bought this last week at a discount 1f602.png

Yes, the PS Plus version is being upgraded to include both the PS4 and PS5 versions when it goes live on Thursday.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/06/2022 at 2:55 PM, L0V3_JeNi said:

Having issues with the PS5 version. The trophy "A Light At The End Of The Tunnel" did not pop for me even replaying the Chapter 2 TWICE!!!! 1f614.png

I'm having the same issue - what did it take to get it to pop, do you recall?

Edited to answer my own question: All trophies did, in fact pop during the course of a playthrough. However, some plot trophies seem to have been linked to the wrong locations in the plot.

Edited by darkjian92

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 4:51 AM, odie8391 said:

haha everything did eventually unlock but there were quite a few instances where the wrong trophy unlocked!

Yeah, it's definitely mismapped, but everything will pop eventually. I might do another run through and document the trophies that have been incorrectly mapped for the devs, but nothing is unobtainable at this point.

• 2 months later...
On 21/05/2021 at 04:35, lucask001 said:

Olá, terminei o jogo no PS5 e não tenho nenhum problema. Parece que esse problema foi resolvido :-)

Ainda não foi corrigido o bug do troféu das revistas no PS4 , CONTINUA BUGADO, REPITO CONTINUA BUGADOOO.

Trofeu de coletaveis das revistas está totalmente bugado, você pega as revistas e lê, os 2 lados, e mesmo assim não computa. Trofeu extremamente bugado.