How trophies are done on PS4

Aranea Highwind

This is a great addition to the PS4... but with hackers and cheaters the %'s accuracy will be way off and since Sly keeps up with that stuff i will continue to recognixe rarity from this site! If anything this feature will drive me to come on here more (dont know how unless days get longer lol) and compare the rarities of trophies

That's surely a neat little addition, but just like here, will be unrealistic and void due to insane amount of hackers rendering it almost meaningless.

I don't know if you noticed, but consoles are getting more and more resilient to being broken. I don't really see neither PS4 nor XBO being hacked, possibly ever - and even if, I expect PSN infrastructure to be ready this time, not to allow access to such machines.

In addition to that - there is ~12k registered cheaters on PSNprofiles - ~1% of general populous - which would be, I guess, no more then ~0.03% of all PSN users, even considering not everyone with hacked console is on psnp (nor does everyone with hacked console cares about trophies enough to "hack" them). Negligible margin is way more appropriate than "insane amount".

Edited by AkodoRyu

I don't know if you noticed, but consoles are getting more and more resilient to being broken. I don't really see neither PS4 nor XBO being hacked, possibly ever - and even if, I expect PSN infrastructure to be ready this time, not to allow access to such machines.

In addition to that - there is ~12k registered cheaters on PSNprofiles - ~1% of general populous - which would be, I guess, no more then ~0.03% of all PSN users, even considering not everyone with hacked console is on psnp (nor does everyone with hacked console cares about trophies enough to "hack" them). Negligible margin is way more appropriate than "insane amount".

Good on you.  Thing is, it's not a matter of the PS4 or Xbone being more resistant to being broken...it's the profile's that are associated with the systems.  if it just singled out the "hack-resistant" console profiles, then fine.  However, since the profiles are going to be carried over.

Good on you.  Thing is, it's not a matter of the PS4 or Xbone being more resistant to being broken...it's the profile's that are associated with the systems.  if it just singled out the "hack-resistant" console profiles, then fine.  However, since the profiles are going to be carried over.

Am I missing something here? Don't you need hacked console /w specific game to put trophies in? Or did I mixed something up? Can you eg. put Vita games into your profile from hacked PS3?

stealing ideas from sly-ripper I see, tsk, tsk, Sony...

And it's all thanks to PsnProfiles :) !

#AGREED!  ...guess SONY owe PSNP founder and Co-founder some "Royalty-fee" to say the least..  :yay:  :highfive: 

if its too much to ask., then at least ADMIT and PUBLICLY Acknowledge that the IDEA came from our wonderful community.  :) 

#PSNPRULES #Goodvibes :pimp: 

Am I missing something here? Don't you need hacked console /w specific game to put trophies in? Or did I mixed something up? Can you eg. put Vita games into your profile from hacked PS3?

Maybe, but I also don't have 100% accurate data either.  While you may not be able to put vita games on from a hacked PS3, you would be able to put hacked games on you PSN profile (which is combined) so regardless if you had a PS4 or PS3, you could still add hacked trophies onto the "profile"

I'm pretty sure a couple other sites have trophy percentages to (PSN trophy leaders and Your gamer card when it was still up).... but this is still cool that Sony's doing it.

I would be much more interested to see how many people actually played the game - even rounded to 1-10k margin. That could help to put data from PSNprofiles into better perspective. I love me some numbers ;)

• 4 months later...

Sorry for bumping a five month old topic but this seemed like the best place to ask my question. I know that the PS4 displays trophy rarity and will show that information for all your games regardless if they're PS3, PS4 or Vita. However, what I haven't been able to find out in any search, though I'm sure I just haven't stumbled upon it yet, is when the rarity is calculated do they A. do it based on the game on it's native system or B. do they base it on the system then the game?

To provide an example for clarification I'll use Fallout 3.

A. Sony calculates the rarity of the trophies for Fallout 3 based on everyone that has played it on the PS3 but will of course only display the information when you're looking at the trophies on the PS4.

B. They calculate the rarity of the trophies for Fallout 3 but only across all people who have a PS4 and have played Fallout 3 on the PS3.

As you can see, and ignoring of course the fact that some people hack their trophies in both of these examples, if they do A then the stated rarities for trophies as displayed on the PS4 would be the most accurate. However, if it's B then the rarity displayed for any Vita or PS3 game would in fact almost never be accurate since that would require every single person who ever played a game on a previous system to also purchase a PS4 and then sign in on the PS4 with every single account they've ever used. Something that I know for a fact is not going to happen.

Overall it doesn't really matter to me if it's A or B but when I get curious about something I hate not being able to find an answer lol.

Hmmmmm that is an interesting thought, i really like the rarity percentage though, i think its a neat feature and further adds value to trophies
but how its calculated i don't know, i assume its A) the across the whole psn thing
i find it weird how many people don't finish their games though, if i recall the trophy for black flag finishing the 13th sequence(finish the story) is something around 30%

Edited by James_KFC_Lee

• 3 weeks later...

i find it weird how many people don't finish their games though, if i recall the trophy for black flag finishing the 13th sequence(finish the story) is something around 30%

I've noticed this also. Alot of games never seem to get completed by people. But then I've only actually played all the way through about a quarter of my games. I tend to try and collect everything on the way to the end so many games become quite the slog to the end. I actually got several hours in on Assassin's Creed this morning and didn't advance the story at all. I just floated around collecting stuff and sinking ships! 

Reckon there are alot of people like me and that's why the Trophies for simply playing the game are awarded such a low %!? Or more likely there are just so many lazy people with too much money who just buy game after game to sit on their shelves. I know I've got a mate with more money than sense who owns every PS4 game and has recently basically given me 4 for free! Bet he accounts for multiple non-completions!

Malfuras.png

• Like 1

I suppose thats a fair point, theres a lot of games that havnt held me to the end but I either borrowed most of them, picked up in bargain bin or ps plus, and I'm one of those that has to atleast finish the story lol and now you mention I know atleast one or two people who just buy games and sit them on the shelf haha I'm jealous of those people that can just splash the cash out on games whenever :( hahaa