Should I get a Vita?

WuTangJase-

Really depends if you want to play games already available on PS3 while out and about. If not then I can say you aren't missing out on much as the list of exclusives is small. I doubt that will change, hope i'm wrong though as it's a nice handheld.

I see you are a PSN+ member, if you have been adding Vita games to your download list for some time, then yes, it's totally worth it, otherwise, it depends on how many games that you want to play in it.

I think it was totally worth for me, since I have had PSN+ before the Instant Game Collections were add, and added almost all Vita games to my download list (didn't add MGS HD collection, because I already had it for PS3, and didn't though I would play it on the Vita, but regret it now..), so far I only bought 2 games for it (Soul Sacrifice and Disgaea 3), everything else it's either from the PSN+ or came with the Vita (Mega Pack, 10 games, only notable ones are LBP and Wipeout 2048, but I think I already had them... and since I have Wipeout HD from the PSN blackout a few years ago, I also got the DLC for Wipeout 2048 for free!), and got Modnations Racers Road trip with a 16Gb memory card (my other choice was a 16Gb memory card with no game, but at the same price...).

PS: I technically bought Pure Chess, but only for PS3, since I only noticed the game was cross-buy after getting the Vita... even though I bought it when it was first released for the PS3 some time ago..

But in the end I'm playing a lot of games for free... since no matter what anyone says, the main reason for me to be a PSN+ member is the cloud save backup, then the games, even though the games became a really + of the service.

• Like 1

Take a look at the list of games available for the Vita and decide if you like enough of them to warrant a purchase. Personally, I think the Vita is the best handheld that has ever been released and I've got more than my moneys worth from the system. 

Parker

I'd say most defiantly. Either you are a hardcore gamer or a casual one and want to play away from the TV, vita has a vast library from all genres to play with. I started with 5 games and now I have 70 since a enjoy playing various types. Basically all except sport games. Go ahead and buy one. Its cheap now and with many bundles. You not gonna regret it.

I may be in the minority here, but I also love my Vita for playing indie games. Of course, I play the AAA games to. When it comes to indies on PS3 and Vita, I've spent much more time playing on the Vita versions of games like Guacamelee, Sound Shapes and Hotline Miami. They just seem a lot more appealing to me on my Vita.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ill be honest when I first got my vita I ended up selling it, I loved Lumines and Super Stardust that was about it. I recently went to stay at my folks house to help my mum when dad went on holiday and because they don't have Internet I picked up another Vita and loaded it with stuff I'd added to my history list through PS+ and a few other things. Completely changed my opinion, Gravity Rush is beautiful if not a but finicky at first, tales from space: mutant blobs attack-fantastic even for a PSN title it's just addictive, uncharted Golden abyss, lone survivor, sound shapes, escape plan and Hotline Miami, I played all of them in the week I was there and totally in love with the handheld now. Sorry for prattling on but yes you should buy one if you have the funds because with the PS4 launching and Tearaway just out its shaping up to be awesome despite its slow start!

I may be in the minority here, but I also love my Vita for playing indie games. Of course, I play the AAA games to. When it comes to indies on PS3 and Vita, I've spent much more time playing on the Vita versions of games like Guacamelee, Sound Shapes and Hotline Miami. They just seem a lot more appealing to me on my Vita.

I do this too. In all cases where a short indie game has multiple versions, I'll pick the Vita version because I like to hang on to these and replay them even after I finish them, but I don't like them taking up space on my PS3.

The Vita is an amazing little machine, but it's biggest flaw is the fact you don't have a wide variety of options. At least that' what people told me, personally I think that's a bit on the harsh end as I found a ton of older games I could download that were more than enough for me. Even with the current games there's a few I'm interested in, it really comes down to your tastes.

• Like 1

If you haven't yet, you should! Especially if you have or will have a PS4.  You can do remote play on PSVita from ANYWHERE.  As long as your PS4 is connected to your router/internet and you either are at a wifi hotspot or can create your own you can connect from anywhere.   You can play games (being streamed from your PS4 to the Vita) so you can play Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4 and any other PS4 title that comes out and doesn't require the camera to control the game.  You can stream PS4 games to your Vita without needing internet access but that would require bluetooth connectivity which would max out at about 40-50 feet.

But the Vita, of course, plays it's own games.  Now, one complain that I have is the seeming lack of new games coming out for the Vita.  But with remote play you can still go at PS4 games as they come out.  And if there were any PSP games that you enjoyed you can play MANY of them despite the fact that they were on UMD's.  The PSN store has a whoooole lot of PSP games you can purchase and download onto your Vita.  Purchased ones stay active in your account so that you can delete a game from your vita when you're finished with it to free up the room and you can download it back on should you want to play it again later.

Basically...if you want to play video games on a portable handheld then I say, yes, you really should get one.  There are good games out there already made specifically for it, and there are PSP and some PS Classic games can be played on it.  So there really is nearly an unlimited number of games that can be played on it.  And hopefully as they continue branching out the PS4's capabilities we may see Vita's get expanded as well.  And with Sony bringing back Gaikai there is the potential chance thatall or at least most games from PSOne, PS2 and PS3 could be streamed straight from Gaikai which would certainly allow you to play a TON of games on-the-go.