Your Favorite Game Genre?

Parker

RPGs of course, but I do lend more to the Japanese for some reason, perhaps its linearity is what gets me the most as it wants me to follow the story first and foremost.

Granted, sometimes their story sucks, but can't say until I played it.

I love simulators, rhythm games, I want to say VR games in general but that’s not really a genre in itself 😅 I love indies though, give me a cool indie game with an interesting story or theme and I am THERE!

I don’t like horror games much. 

1 hour ago, ddracarys said:

Survival horror games are my favourite.

Me reading that and then seeing Daenerys laugh just works so perfectly 😂

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Is “good” a genre?

’cause I like those games.

A Dr of taste I see. 

Edited by GothGirlMaxine
  • Haha 1

A glance at my profile might suggest to you I like JRPGs, and while I am enjoying the FF franchise atm, that's actually not true, wasn't a fan of turn based combat.

Actually a fan of Open World RPGs like Skyrim, and simulator gmes. I especially like the ones that give you so many options to do what you want. (As evidence of FFXV and AC Odyssey being my favorites of the series, which fans in the franchises don't always love).

Not a fan of sports or horror genre though. I don't mind games with monsters that look scary (Fallout 4, Baldur's Gate 3 etc), but straight up horrors like Resident Evil or Alone In the Dark? No thank you.

Open World Action Adventure games. 

They get a lot of flack from people these days, and there's a lot of claims of fans being burnt out on the structure and wanting more linear games again (which im not opposed to). But I find getting lost in a good open world game to be some of the more soothing gaming moments, for me.

On 3/27/2024 at 8:02 PM, GothGirlMaxine said:

Me reading that and then seeing Daenerys laugh just works so perfectly 😂

Let's be real, survival horror is probably her favourite, too. :D Next to creating a Sims family just to screw them all over.

MP games would probably be fighters.  Looking at you Smash Bros. and SoulCalibur.

SP would be turn-based RPGs for more chill gaming and third-person beat 'em ups/hack-n-slash games for more skill-based stuff.  Sekiro deserves a big shoutout here.